Following is one of the best Houston Real Estate (and Texas Real Estate) market forecasts that I have seen.
It was created and presented by Ted C Jones, Phd. who is the Chief Economist for Stewart Title.
Some of the highlights include:
- There's no such thing as a National Real estate market or a National Economy;
- Job growth is everything and drives the real estate market;
- Texas has one of the best tax policies of any state;
- Houston-Baytown-Sugarland has been adding jobs, and as of November 2011 is at and all time high (even better than 2007 / 2008);
- Our Federal tax & spend policies make it likely that inflation is coming;
- Historically, real estate has been a great investment over time, and especially during inflationary periods;
- 2012 should be a very strong year for Houston real estate.
Download the full .pdf here
(It's a large file and may take a minute to download)