Champion Forest Houston Neighborhood Guide
Champion Forest real estate is a popular option due to the neighborhood’s:
- GREAT LOCATION: Located in a lush unincorporated area within Spring, Champion Forest was designated as a bird sanctuary by the Houston Audubon Society. It is one of the most popular Houston neighborhoods outside the Loop.
- EASY ACCESS: Champion Forest homes are minutes away from Highway 249, Farm to Market Road 1960, and Beltway 8. The commute to and from key Houston areas are fairly convenient from the neighborhood.
- RETAIL, DINING, AND ENTERTAINMENT OPTIONS: Champion Forest features plenty of restaurants, shopping centers, and entertainment hubs within and around its borders. The Raveneaux Country Club and the Willowbrook Mall are within minutes from Champion Forest homes for sale.
- ACTIVE CIVICS CLUBS: Apart from the neighborhood’s homeowners association, Champion Forest also has a women’s club, and a garden club, among others.
- BEAUTIFUL HOMES ON LARGE LOTS: Champion Forest homes are mostly single-family dwellings on lots ranging in size between 9,000 to more than 20,000 square feet. Timber Top Condominiums, an 18-story residential building, is also located within the neighborhood.
Champion Forest has been dubbed as the “River Oaks of the north,” and with good reason. Its beautiful homes, tree-lined streets, and family-friendly atmosphere makes it a great option for homebuyers.
For any inquiries about Champion Forest homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Champion Forest Resources (Popular Topics)
- All Champion Forest Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Champion Forest Homes For Sale
- Champion Forest Homes Under $500K
- Five Key Champion Forest Real Estate Trends
Houston Champion Forest Neighborhood Profile
- 12 Things Champion Forest Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Champion Forest maps and location
- Fun things to do in Champion Forest
- Neighborhoods near Champion Forest
- Champion Forest History
- Champion Forest Schools
Champion Forest Real Estate Guide
- Champion Forest real estate trends
- Single-family home sale trends
- Townhome sale trends
- Condo sale trends
Champion Forest is among the many golf-centered communities that make up the lush Champions area.
- Located in a lush unincorporated area within Spring, Champion Forest was designated as a bird sanctuary by the Houston Audubon Society.
- Champion Forest homes are minutes away from Highway 249, Farm to Market Road 1960, and Beltway 8. The commute to and from key Houston areas are fairly convenient from the neighborhood.
- Champion Forest features plenty of restaurants, shopping centers, and entertainment hubs within and around its borders. The Raveneaux Country Club and the Willowbrook Mall are within minutes from Champion Forest homes for sale.
- Apart from the neighborhood’s homeowners association, Champion Forest also has a women’s club, and a garden club, among others.
- Champion Forest homes are mostly single-family dwellings on lots ranging in size between 9,000 to more than 20,000 square feet.
- Timber Top Condominiums, an 18-story residential building, is also located within the neighborhood.
- Champion Forest is made up of 12 sections. Each section has its own set of deed restrictions.
- Champion Forest Villas, the community’s section 12, features beautiful patio homes.
- Most Champion Forest homes are zoned to the Klein Independent School District. Homes located south of Cypress Creek (sections 11 and 12) are zoned to the Cy-Fair ISD.
- Homes in the neighborhood typically feature 3- to 4-bedroom floor plans. Home sizes are between 1,000 to more than 4,000 square feet. Lot sizes can range from 7,000 to more than 20,000 square feet.
- The most expensive Champion Forest real estate can feature as many as 5 to 6 bedrooms, with 4,000 to more than 9,000 square feet of living space. These properties typically sit on oversized lots (more than 40,000 square feet).
- Prices for Champion Forest homes for sale range from $200,000 to more than $1,900,000.
Located approximately 24 miles northwest of Downtown Houston, Champion Forest occupies a lush area along Cypresswood Drive and Champion Forest Drive.
Cypress Creek Parkway (Farm to Market Road 1960) and Highway 249 are a few minutes away from the neighborhood. Further south lies Beltway 8.
Nestled in an unincorporated area in Spring, Champion Forest is divided into 12 sections, and has several communities nearby, including Champions, Estates at Windrush, Champion Cove, Woods of Cypress Creek, Stonegate Court, and Sterling Gate Estates. The entire neighborhood is under the Cypress Forest Public Utility District.
The community features wandering, tree-lined streets and cul-de-sacs, various amenities, and active civics clubs. The homeowners’ association, along with its architectural control committee and various civic groups, help maintain Champion Forest’s security, cleanliness, and overall atmosphere.
The sections of Champion Forest have different deed restrictions.
Champion Forest has a 77379 Harris County zip code.
Zip codes near Champion Forest TX include 77375, 77388, 77090, 77068, 77069, 77070, and 77090. (View Houston zip code map)
Champion Forest residents have plenty of retail, dining, and entertainment options to choose from.
Minutes away from Champion Forest homes are various restaurants offering different kinds of cuisine, including Chinese, Italian, Mediterranean, and Persian. Several shopping centers, including Vintage Park, Willowbrook Mall, and Old Town Spring, are all located within a few minutes’ drive of the neighborhood.
For those looking for outdoor activities, there are plenty of parks and golf courses nearby, the most prominent of which is the Raveneaux Country Club.
Raveneaux features a golf course, a short game area, a 24/7 fitness center, 12 tennis courts, and a Junior Olympic-sized pool. The club also houses The Old Course Pub and a grand ballroom. Other activities are also hosted within the club.
The Champions Golf Club, one of the country’s premiere golf tournament sites, is also located a few minutes from Champion Forest.
Here are some of the must-visit places in and around Champion Forest, Spring TX:
- Peli Peli
- MOD Pizza
- Taste of China
- Kababi Zaytoon
- H’sam Oriental Bistro
- Zamani Mediterranean Grill
- Perry’s Steakhouse and Grille
- Allô French Rotisserie
- Fratellini Ristorante Italiano
- Eden Café
- Red Dot Cuisine
- Vina Deli
- Facón Brazilian Steakhouse
- Ba Mien Bistro
- The Farm Drinkery
- Mellow Mushroom
- Drunken Oyster
- Jive Bar and Lounge
- Mo’s Irish Pub
- Barcelona Bar and Lounge
- On the Rox Sports Bar
- Whiskey River
- Johns Place
- Molly’s Malone Pub
- Fifty Fifty Acorn Golf and Icehouse
- Gearheads Grun N’ Pub
- BRIX Wine Cellar
- Vintage Park
- Willowbrook Mall
- Market Street in the Woodlands
- Old Town Spring
Sports and Country Clubs
- Raveneaux Country Club
- Champions Golf Club
- Northgate Country Club
- Shiloh Indoor Shooting Range
- Giammalva Racquet Club
Kids Activities and Parks
- Meyer Park
- Collins Park
- Cypresswood Trails
- Mandolin Park
- Matzke Park
- Bearkat Park
- The Little Gym of Spring
- Art Shop for Kids
Arts, Libraries and Entertainment
- Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts
- The Woodlands Children’s Museum
- Tomball Museum Center
- Barbara Bush Branch Library
- Applause Theatre Company
- Houston Family Arts Center
Neighborhoods and planned communities near Champion Forest include:
- The Woodlands
- Gleannloch Farms
- Champions Cove
- Champion Falls Estates
- Champion Springs
- Champion Springs Village
- Champions Fairway Estates
- Champions Place
- Cypress Creek Manor
- Brandon Wood
- Sterling Gate Estates
- Woods of Cypress Creek
- Estates at Windrush
- Champion Cove
- Woods of Cypress Creek
- Stonegate Court
- Lakes of Sterling Gate
Champion Forest has come a long way from its humble beginnings. Developed back in the 1970s by developer Don Hand, the neighborhood grew from 900 acres of land less than 2 miles from FM 1960.
Today, Champion Forest features luxury amenities, as well as a golf course and country club practically next door.
The area’s development is apparent in Champion Forest homes. Some of the neighborhood’s original homes from the late 1970s and early 1980s still stand. New construction homes have replaced some of Champion Forest’s vintage homes, though thanks to the neighborhood’s deed restrictions, the overall look and feel of the community remains the same.
Most Champion Forest homes are zoned to Klein Independent School District (KISD), while those located south of Cypress Creek are zoned to the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District (CFISD). Students in the area can attend the following public schools:
- Brill Elementary School at 9102 Herts Rd. One of the 26 elementary schools in Klein ISD, Brill is located within the the borders of Champion Forest. The school first opened its doors in 1978, and is home to the Broncos.
- Yeager Elementary School at 13615 Champion Forest Dr. Opened in 1975, Yeager Elementary School is named for dedicated teachers of the Cy-Fair ISD.
- Kleb Intermediate School at 7425 Louetta Rd. Home of the Bear Cubs, Kleb Intermediate originally opened its doors in 1981. The school’s current campus opened in 1993. Kleb plays host to a wide variety of student academic and athletics clubs and organizations.
- Bleyl Middle School at 10800 Mills Rd. Named for a long-time educator, Bleyl Middle School has been named a National Blue Ribbon School twice, first in 1983-84 and then in 1990-91.
- Klein High School at 16715 Stuebner Airline Rd. The first high school in the KISD, Klein High School is accredited by both the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Campus renovation was recently completed. Klein offers a great athletics program and has won state championships in soccer, baseball, tennis, and chess.
- Cypress Creek High School at 9815 Grant Rd. Established in 1977, Cypress Creek High School has been listed in Newsweek’s top 1500 schools in America. The school offers an Academy System where students can choose from 6 academies based on 16 different career paths. The academies include AIM (Agriculture, Architecture, Industrial and Manufacturing); Business and Finance, Education and Human Services; Government, Law and Public Administration; STEM; and Arts, Communication and Information Technology.
Champion Forest TX Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Champion Forest.
- Champions Montessori School at 16715 Champion Drive. Champions Montessori School offers child-centered and highly-individualized education for Toddler, Pre-Kindergarten, and Primary School students.
- Kinsmen Children’s Academy at 12100 Champion Forest Drive. The school offers toddler and preschool classes with extended day options.
- Primrose School of Champions at 16811 Shadow Valley Drive. A private school established in 1998, Primrose School of Champions became the first school to earn an AdvancED™ Corporation Systems Accreditation based on the New Standards for Quality Early Learning Schools which is the highest-level accreditation an early learning school can receive. The school offers Infant, Toddler, Early Preschool, Preschool, and Pre-Kindergarten classes, while also implementing after school and summer camp activities.
- Champions Academy at 17155 Old Louetta Road. The school specializes in early childhood education and employs a Christian-based educational child care system.
- Champions Christian Academy at 2105 Cypress Landing Drive. Serving children ages 12 months through pre-school, and kindergarten through middle school, the school has recently expanded its curriculum to include Science Lab classes as early as second grade and basic Spanish for students in fifth grade and above.
- Harmony Science Academy at 16200 Tomball Parkway. Harmony Science Academy is a nearby charter school which caters to Kindergarten to Grade 8 students. Established in 2007, the school received the Title-I National Distinguished School Award from the US Department of Education mainly because of the school’s exceptional student performance in the past two years.
- Northland Christian School at 4363 Sylvanfield Drive. First opening its doors in the year 1974, Northland Christian School offers both elementary and secondary education. The school boasts of a right mix of excellence in academics, a thriving arts program, and a robust athletics program.
To find an updated listing of all Champion Forest real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Over the past 10 years, Champion Forest real estate have posted good appreciation rates. This upward trend has been steadily building up over the years, and despite some slight fluctuations, Champion Forest property values remain strong.
The neighborhood’s growth can be attributed to a number of factors, including continued development in the area as newer homes tend to fetch much higher price tags.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Champion Forest real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Champion Forest single-family homes are the community’s main housing option. Champion Forest Villas, the section located south of Cypress Creek and west of Champion Forest Drive, features beautiful patio homes.
Thanks to the neighborhood’s deed restrictions, Champion Forest homes are typically traditional-style, one- and two-story dwellings. French and English-inspired aesthetics are common.
The most expensive Champion Forest real estate can feature as many as 5 to 6 bedrooms with 5 and 2 half-baths, though a typical floor plan features 4/3/1.
Homes in the area typically feature 3- to 4-bedroom floor plans, with living spaces ranging from 1,000 to more than 9,000 square feet.
Champion Forest homes sit on large lots, with sizes ranging from 7,000 to more than 20,000 square feet. Wooded lots and carefully maintained lawns are common in the area.
Some homes in the neighborhood have been around since the 70s and 80s, though some newer custom-built homes are also available in Champion Forest.
Prices for Champion Forest homes for sale range from $200,000 to more than $1,900,000.
Champion Forest’s deed restrictions discourage multi-family dwellings and townhomes. As a result, there are no Champion Forest townhomes available. There are, however, some available in surrounding communities and neighborhoods.
Built in 1983, the Timber Top Condominiums is located within Champion Forest. The 18-story residential building is located in 14655 Champion Forest Drive and features 79 units.
These Champion Forest condos for sale typically feature 2- to 3-bedroom floor plans, spread across 900 to 3,000 square feet of living space.
Timber Top offers a variety of community amenities, including:
- Tennis court
- Swimming Pool
- Picnic areas with barbecue grills
- Exercise room
- Steam room
- Indoor and outdoor whirlpool spas
- Party room with service kitchen
- 24-hour concierge service
- Controlled access
- Storage rooms
- Reserved parking
Timber Top condos start at around $120,000. Bigger units can sell for as much as $350,000.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.
Paige Martin’s recent awards include:
- 2016: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015 Q3: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide (of 125,000 agents)
- 2015: #2 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Southwest Texas (Houston, Woodlands, Katy, San Antonio)
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2015: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2014 – “One of the Top 40 Houston Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
- 2014 – “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” RealTrends.com
- 2014 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2013 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2013 – Top 50 Houston Realtors by the Houston Chronicle
- 2013 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2013 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2012 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2012 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2011 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2011 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2010 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2010 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Champion Forest, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Champion Forest Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.