Crestwood Houston Neighborhood Guide
Crestwood is an affluent residential neighborhood adjacent to Memorial Park.
The neighborhood is one of the upscale communities that make up the area better known as Crestwood/Glen Cove.
Due to neighborhood’s central location, beautiful homes, and high accessibility, Crestwood real estate are notably among the most expensive in Houston.
- CENTRAL LOCATION: Nestled east of Memorial Park, the neighborhood is mere few minutes away from key Houston districts like Downtown and the Galleria.
- GREAT ACCESSIBILITY: Crestwood homes have convenient access to main thoroughfares, including Loop 610, I-10, Memorial Drive, and Washington Avenue.
- LARGE LOTS: Lot sizes in the area are bigger by Houston standards. Crestwood real estate typically offer 7,500 to 9,000 square feet. Bigger properties can offer more than 40,000 square feet.
- BEAUTIFUL HOMES: One of the Inner Loop’s most expensive neighborhoods, Crestwood features gorgeous single-family homes and stately manors.
- STRONG REAL ESTATE MARKET: Thanks to the neighborhood’s continued popularity and high demand, Crestwood real estate continues to steadily appreciate.
Like most Inner Loop neighborhoods, Crestwood’s inventory is tight and the market can be a bit tricky to navigate.
For any inquiries about Crestwood homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Crestwood Resources (Popular Topics)
- All Crestwood Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Crestwood Homes For Sale
- Crestwood Homes Under $500K
- Crestwood Townhomes For Sale
- Five Key Crestwood Real Estate Trends
Houston Crestwood Neighborhood Profile
- 12 Things Crestwood Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Crestwood maps and location
- Fun things to do in Crestwood
- Neighborhoods near Crestwood
- Crestwood History
- Crestwood Schools
Crestwood Real Estate Guide
Thanks to the neighborhood’s central location, beautiful homes, and high accessibility, Crestwood real estate are notably among Houston’s most expensive.
- Nestled east of Memorial Park, the neighborhood is mere minutes away from key Houston districts like Downtown and the Galleria.
- Crestwood homes have convenient access to main thoroughfares, including Loop 610, I-10, Memorial Drive, and Washington Avenue.
- Lot sizes in the area are bigger by Houston standards. Crestwood real estate typically offer 7,500 to 9,000 square feet. Bigger properties can offer more than 40,000 square feet.
- One of the Inner Loop’s most expensive neighborhoods, Crestwood features gorgeous single-family homes and stately manors.
- Thanks to the neighborhood’s continued popularity and high demand, Crestwood real estate continues to steadily appreciate.
- The median sales price and average price per square foot of Crestwood homes have posted impressive increases over the past decade.
- Like most Inner Loop neighborhoods, Crestwood’s inventory is tight. The number of homes sold have decreased over the last 10 years.
- Crestwood is one of the neighborhoods under the Crestwood/Glen Cove Civic Club.
- Like Camp Logan, Crestwood has deed restrictions in place to protect the look and feel of the neighborhood.
- The neighborhood is zoned to the Houston ISD. Some of the best schools serve the area, including Lamar High School.
- Crestwood homes typically feature four- to five-bedroom floor plans with 3,000 to more than 7,000 square feet of living space.
- Prices for Crestwood homes for sale can start at around $500,000 and can go up to more than $4,000,000.
Having a 1,500-acre park next door has its perks, including easy access to a municipal golf course, hike and bike trails, and other facilities for outdoor activities. Schools, restaurants, cafes, and retail centers are also mere minutes away from Crestwood homes.
Several main Houston roads like Loop 610, I-10 (Katy Freeway), Memorial Drive, and Washington Avenue are easily accessible from the neighborhood. Homes in the area have convenient access to job and entertainment centers like the Galleria and Downtown Houston, among other key districts.
The Crestwood/Glen Cove neighborhood is made up of 6 smaller communities, including Crestwood, Glen Cove 1, Glen Cove 2, Glen Cove 3, Crestwood Acres, and Arlington Court.
Crestwood is under the 77007 Harris County zip code.
Zip codes near Crestwood Houston include 77006, 77019, 77027, and 77008. (View Houston zip code map.)
Thanks to Crestwood’s central location, residents have a wide variety of retail and entertainment options within minutes of their homes.
Memorial Park, a 1,500-acre municipal park, features several outdoor entertainment options, including picnic areas, playgrounds, and miles of hike and bike trails. Facilities for tennis, swimming, track, volleyball, skating, croquet, and softball are also available. The Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail and the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center are also popular destinations within the park.
The Memorial Park Golf Course is also located inside the park. The top-rated John Bredemus-designed municipal golf course features a course rating of 73 and a slope rating of 122.
Crestwood residents also have plenty of retail options, as the River Oaks Shopping Center, Uptown Park, and the Galleria are minutes away from the neighborhood.
Here are some must-visit places in and around Crestwood Houston:
- Shandy’s Cafe
- Black Walnut Cafe
- Brenner’s on the Bayou
- Beck’s Prime
- El Tiempo Cantina
- Crazy White Shark
- Benjy’s Restaurant
- Winston’s on Washington
- Candelari’s Pizzeria
- Kung Fu Saloon
- Branch Water Tavern
- Outlaw Dave’s
- Porch Swing Pub
- Shepherd Food Store
- My Fit Foods
- El Tiempo Market
Inside Memorial Park
- Memorial Park Golf Course
- Houston Arboretum and Nature Center
- Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail
Neighborhoods near Crestwood include:
The area now known as Crestwood was previously a World War I training camp known as Camp Logan. Will and Mike Hogg later regained control of the property, but sold it to the city of Houston to focus their development efforts elsewhere.
Development in Crestwood started in the 1940s, though a number of the neighborhood’s original homes have since been replaced with bigger custom-built homes.
Today, Crestwood is one of Houston’s most expensive neighborhoods, thanks to its active homeowners association and strict deed restrictions.
Crestwood homes are zoned to Houston Independent School District (HISD).
- Memorial Elementary School at 6401 Arnot St. Located just north of the Crestwood/Glen Cove neighborhood, Memorial Elementary School opened its doors in 1926. The school offers a dual language program, with dual language classrooms for pre-K, Kindergarten, and First Grade students.
- Hogg Middle School at 1100 Merrill St. James Hogg Middle School is an International Baccalaureate World school that offers the IB Middle Years Programme. The school also offers a wide variety of electives and advanced subjects (AP Spanish, Pre-AP Core Classes, Algebra).
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Located in Upper Kirby, Lamar High School is home to the Lamar Texans (previously known as the Redskins). Apart from its widely known athletics programs, Lamar also offers excellent academics as a business administration magnet school and an IB World School.
Crestwood TX Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Crestwood.
- St. Theresa Catholic School at 6623 Rodrigo St.
- St. Thomas High School at 4500 Memorial Dr.
- River Oaks Baptist School at 2300 Willowick Rd.
To find an updated listing of all Crestwood real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
With a median sales price of over $1,500,000, Crestwood real estate is among the most expensive in Houston. Despite slight fluctuations, prices for Crestwood homes continue to steadily appreciate.
A number of factors contribute to this, including the neighborhood’s continuing popularity, high demand, and low inventory. Very few Crestwood homes are put in the market every year.
In addition to those factors, the number of new and updated homes in the area are also keeping prices up.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Crestwood real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Crestwood is mostly made up of single-family homes. Homes in the area typically sit on large lots (by Houston standards), with sizes ranging from 7,500 to 9,000 square feet. Luxury Crestwood real estate can feature as much as 40,000 square feet.
Most Crestwood homes feature 4-bedroom floor plans with 3,000 to 6,000 square feet of living space. Some homes can feature 5 to 6 bedrooms and more than 7,000 square feet of space.
Multi-car garages, wooded grounds, and beautiful Mediterranean and Traditional architecture are common in the neighborhood.
Crestwood townhomes are typically smaller than their single-family home counterparts. Two- to three-bedroom townhomes are common, with 2,500 to 3,000 square feet of living space.
There are a few townhomes available in the neighborhood, though there are more in nearby areas like Camp Logan and Rice Military.
There are no mid- or high-rise Crestwood condos for sale. There are, however, plenty of condos available in Rice Military, River Oaks, and the Galleria area.
Here are some condos near the Crestwood/Glen Cover neighborhood:
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Crestwood Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Crestwood, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Crestwood TX realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.