Bunker Hill Village TX Neighborhood Guide
An affluent and serene community, Bunker Hill Village is one of the six upscale neighborhoods collectively known as the Memorial Villages.
Located in the westernmost area of the Villages, it exemplifies the features that make Memorial Villages popular. Bunker Hill homes for sale are highly coveted for a good number of reasons.
- EXCELLENT LOCATION: A residential enclave located a few miles west of Downtown Houston, Bunker Hill Village has a central location within the Memorial Villages. South of Hedwig and west of Piney Point, Bunker Hill has easy access to both the Katy Freeway and Sam Houston Parkway.
- EXEMPLARY SCHOOLS: Bunker Hill is zoned to the highly-regarded Spring Branch ISD, and is home to two National Blue Ribbon Schools: Frostwood Elementary and Bunker Hill Elementary.
- GREAT SHOPPING AND DINING OPTIONS: Bunker Hill Village is largely residential, but its location near the Memorial City Mall and the CityCentre gives residents great access to a wide variety of restaurants and stores.
- ELEGANT HOMES: Like most of the Memorial Villages, Bunker Hill features elegant homes sitting atop sprawling, wooded grounds. Home options range from beautifully updated ranch-style homes to newly constructed custom-built mansions.
In 2008, Bunker Hill was included in Forbes’ Top Places to Live Well. Its tree-lined streets, peaceful atmosphere, and beautiful homes make it a very desirable neighborhood.
With high demand in the area, Bunker Hill’s real estate market can be tricky. It should be easier to navigate with the help of a reliable Houston realtor.
For any inquiries about Bunker Hill homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com and one of the best Realtors in the city.
Bunker Hill Village TX Resources (Popular Topics)
- All Bunker Hill Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Bunker Hill Homes For Sale
- Bunker Hill Homes For Sale Under $1,000,000
- Bunker Hill Townhomes For Sale
- Four Key Bunker Hill Real Estate Trends
Bunker Hill Village TX Neighborhood Profile
- Bunker Hill maps and location
- Fun things to do in Bunker Hill
- Neighborhoods near Bunker Hill
- Bunker Hill History
- Bunker Hill Schools
Bunker Hill Real Estate Guide
- Bunker Hill real estate trends
- Single-family home sale trends
- Townhome sale trends
- Condo sale trends
It has a total area of 1.5 square miles and convenient access to both Katy Freeway (I-10) and Sam Houston Parkway (Beltway 8). The Westpark Tollway and Loop-610 are minutes away to Bunker Hill’s south and east, respectively.
Despite being the farthest from Downtown Houston, Bunker Hill Village still has excellent access to key Houston hubs, and is located near a cluster of shopping and entertainment centers at the intersection of the I-10 and Beltway 8.
The Energy Corridor, one of the biggest employment centers in Houston, is a stone’s throw west of the city.
Bunker Hill Village has a Harris County 77024 zip code.
Zip codes near Bunker Hill Village TX include: 77007, 77008, 77019, 77027, 77042, 77043, 77055, 77056, 77057, 77063, and 77079. (View Houston zip code map.)
Thanks to its location near the junction where Katy Freeway (I-10) and Sam Houston Parkway (Beltway 8) meet, there are plenty of things to do and see near Bunker Hill Village. Commercial establishments in Hedwig Village and Houston are also nearby.
The Galleria, a major retail and entertainment destination in Houston, is a short drive east of Bunker Hill Village. The Hedwig Shopping center is a few minutes away, while the Village Plaza at Bunker Hill is just across the freeway.
The Memorial City Mall, located along Katy Freeway, features JCPenney, Macy’s, Dillard’s, Target, and Sears. The CityCentre, on the other hand, is a located along Beltway 8. It is a relatively new, pedestrian-friendly mall that features several restaurants.
Memorial Park, one of the largest urban parks in the country, is also within reach of Bunker Hill Village. The Memorial Park Golf Course, an 18-hole municipal course with a slope rating of 122 and a course rating of 73, is located within the park. The Houston Arboretum and Nature Center, along with several miles of trails and picnic areas, are also within Memorial Park, just a couple of miles east of Bunker Hill.
A number of members-only sports clubs are located near Bunker Hill, including Lakeside Country Club, Houston Country Club, Houston Racquet Club, and Memorial Forest Club.
Here are just some of the must-visit places around Bunker Hill Village:
- Hedwig Shopping Center
- Memorial City Mall
- CityCentre Plaza
- The Galleria
- Village Plaza at Bunker Hill
- Bendwood Park
- Hedwig Park
- Memorial Park
- Terry Hershey Park
- George Bush Park
Golf and Tennis Clubs
- Lakeside Country Club
- Memorial Park Golf Course
- Houston Country Club
- Memorial Forest Club
- Westwood Golf Club
- Texas de Brazil
- Pappasito’s Cantina
- Taste of Texas
- Goode Company Seafood
- Perry’s Steakhouse and Grille
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Hunnan Inn Restaurant
- LA Crawfish
- Vietnam Poblano
- Jonathan’s The Rub
- Muscle Maker Grill
- Orange Lunchbox
- EurAsia Fusion Sushi
- Daddy and Daughter
- Pappy’s Cafe
- Korean Noodle House
- Hollister Grill
- Blalock Market
- Trader Joe’s
- 99 Ranch Market
- Super H Mart
Neighborhoods near Bunker Hill include:
- Bayou Woods
- Hunters Creek
- Hedwig Village
- Spring Valley Village
- Hilshire Village
- Piney Point Village
- Energy Corridor
- The Galleria
- River Oaks
- Camp Logan
Bunker Hill Village’s early history mirrors that of its neighbors – it was a rural community made up of farms and sawmills. A smattering of homes were also in the area.
Like Hunters Creek, Hedwig, and Piney Point, Bunker Hill Village was incorporated in 1954 with a mayor-council form of government. This ensured that the community and the surrounding villages kept their mainly residential zoning and country-living way of life.
At the time, Houston was experiencing a suburban boom and looked to expand its borders. Bunker Hill and the rest of the Memorial Villages succeeded in avoiding this annexation.
During that same period in the 1950s and 60s, growing interest in the area as well as the completion of Katy Freeway led to a number of developments, including upper-middle-class subdivisions along the Buffalo Bayou.
As an independent city, Bunker Hill operates the Memorial Villages Police Department with Piney Point and Hunters Creek. The Villages Fire Department and the Memorial Villages Water Authority serve the city.
Since its incorporation, Bunker Hill Village flourished and grew to house more and more people. Through its zoning ordinances and deed restrictions, the city has maintained its tranquil vibe amidst changes in and around the area.
From its humble beginnings, the neighborhood has grown into an affluent community of elegant homes and luxury mansions. Bunker Hill Village was included in Forbes’ 2008 list of “Top Suburbs to Live Well.”
Bunker Hill Village is zoned to the Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD).
Wildcat Way School serves the entire neighborhood. A small portion of Bunker Hill Village is zoned to Memorial Drive Elementary School in Piney Point Village, while the rest of the residents are zoned to either Frostwood or Bunker Hill Elementary, both located within the neighborhood.
For middle school students, Memorial Middle School serves the west portion of Bunker HIll, while the east is zoned to the Spring Branch Middle School.
PK to Elementary
- Wildcat Way School at 12754 Kimberley Ln. All Bunker Hill residents are zoned to Wildcat Way for early education. Located beside Bendwood Park and Bendwood School, it is easily accessible from Bunker Hill Village.
- Bunker Hill Elementary School at 11950 Taylorcrest. Bunker Hill Elementary is one of SBISD’s award-winning schools. It was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1991-92, and has an Exemplary TEA rating. It was also named a Gold Performance School and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out of 10.
- Frostwood Elementary School at 12214 Memorial Dr. Recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School (1989-90, 2005), Frostwood serves students in grades K to 5. It is located within Bunker Hill and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Memorial Drive Elementary School at 11202 Smithdale Rd. Located in neighboring Hedwig Village, Memorial Drive Elementary serves students in grades K to 5. Like Frostwood, it was also recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School (1996-97), and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Bendwood Campus Elementary School at 12750 Kimberley Ln. Bendwood Elementary is located within a stone’s throw of Wildcat Way School and Bendwood Park. It is a special needs school with programs for children with disabilities (PPCD, or Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities).
- Memorial Middle School at 12550 Vindon Dr. Another excellent school from the Spring Branch ISD, Memorial Middle School was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1988-89. It features a great balance of academics and athletics programs, and it has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Spring Branch Middle School at 1000 Piney Point Dr. Located in nearby Hedwig Village, Spring Branch Middle School is also a recognized National Blue Ribbon School (1997-98). It offers several electives, in addition to offering a special education program.
- Memorial High School at 935 Echo Ln. All Bunker Hill students are zoned to Memorial High School in Hedwig. It is considered as one of the best high schools in the area and has received numerous awards and recognitions. It was named an Honor Roll school, as well as a National Blue Ribbon School (1988-89).
Bunker Hill Village also has easy access to some of the best private schools in the area. Listed below are some of them.
- St. Cecilia School at 11740 Joan of Arc Dr. Located in Hedwig Village, SCS is a non-profit coeducational school within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. The school’s curriculum centers of six core subjects (Theology, Mathematics, Sciences, Social Sciences, Literature, and English).
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Dr. Kinkaid is one of the most prestigious private schools in the Memorial Villages. It was originally located in Houston, but later moved to a bigger campus in Piney Point Village.
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr. Duchesne Academy is an all-girls Catholic school and is part of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and the Independent School Association of the Southwest. The school serves students from grades K to 12.
To find an updated listing of all Bunker Hill real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Bunker Hill Village is a deed-restricted, largely residential enclave. Through its building ordinances, the city has maintained its country-living vibe, as well as its reputation as one of the most desirable places to live in west of Houston.
Compared to its neighbors, Bunker Hill Village’s real estate growth has been relatively slow, but by all accounts, still quite impressive. Single-family Bunker Hill homes for sale had a median sales price of $1,175,000 in 2005. In 2014, this figure has increased by more than half – to $1,815,000.
That 54% increase is mirrored in the neighborhood’s average price per square foot (50%) and lot price per square foot (54%).
Like Piney Point and Hunters Creek, Bunker Hill features large lots – ranging from 18,000 to more than 80,000 square feet. Home prices depend on a number of factors, including age of the home, lot size, and location, though most Bunker Hill homes sell for upwards of $1,000,000.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Bunker Hill real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Like most of the Memorial Villages, Bunker Hill Village’s main housing option are single-family homes. Deed restrictions help maintain the city’s look and feel.
Bunker Hill features elegant homes on large wooded lots, tree-lined streets, and a tranquil atmosphere.
Tearing down or updating older homes has also become a trend in Bunker Hill Village. Because of the trend, new construction custom-built homes populate the area and have driven prices up.
There are, however, a number of older ranch-style homes still available in Bunker Hill. Some of these older properties are sold as lots, though they can still fetch prices of over $1,000,000.
Newer single-family homes in the area feature 5-bedroom and 5 1/2-bath floor plans, though more expensive properties can feature as many as 7 bedrooms and 7 and 2 half baths.
Like the rest of the Memorial Villages, Bunker Hill’s deed restrictions discourage townhomes. Homebuyers can look at nearby areas for townhomes as Bunker Hill real estate are mostly detached, single-family homes.
Deed restrictions and zoning ordinances prevent the development of mid- and high-rise condominiums in Bunker Hill Village. However, there are condos in the areas nearby, including the following:
Paige Martin is a dependable realtor in Bunker Hill, Houston, and the State of Texas.
Featured in the Houston Business Journal, Houston Magazine, Houston Chronicle, and Fox News in the Morning, Paige Martin has received various awards as a Top Producing Broker-Associate and is owner of HoustonProperties.com.
Paige is also a top ranking Keller Williams agent in the Houston area. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers in Bunker Hill.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal preference, goals and price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.