Northampton Place Houston Neighborhood Guide
Located just off North Boulevard and along Kirby Dr, Northampton Place is a quaint residential enclave within the Inner Loop.
Made up of less than 40 homes, Northampton Place is a gated community. Several factors make homes in the area highly desirable, including:
- CENTRAL LOCATION: Northampton Place is minutes away from shopping districts, schools, and job centers.
- GREAT ACCESSIBILITY: Key Houston neighborhoods like the University Area, Medical Center and Downtown are directly accessible from Northampton Place homes via main roads like Southwest Freeway, Shepherd Drive, Kirby Drive, and Bissonnet Street.
- PLENTY OF RETAIL AND ENTERTAINMENT: Retail and entertainment hotspots like Rice Village, Hermann Park, and the Museum District are minutes from the gated community.
- GORGEOUS PATIO HOMES: Northampton Place is made up of beautiful single-family patio homes. Some homes in the area feature swimming pools, soaring ceilings, and spacious living spaces.
- EXCELLENT SCHOOLS: Homes in the area are zoned to the Houston ISD. Poe Elementary, Lanier Middle School, and Lamar High School serve the community.
For any inquiries about Northampton Place homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Northampton Place Resources (Popular Topics)
- 12 Things Northampton Place Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Northampton Place maps and location
- Fun things to do in Northampton Place
- Neighborhoods near Northampton Place
- Northampton Place History
- Northampton Place Schools
Northampton Place Real Estate Guide
- Northampton Place real estate trends
- Single-family home sale trends
- Townhome sale trends
- Condo sale trends
Northampton Place is an intimate community located in the 77098 zip code.
- Northampton Place is minutes away from shopping districts, schools, and job centers.
- Key Houston neighborhoods like the Medical Center and Downtown are highly accessible from Northampton Place homes via main roads like Southwest Freeway, Shepherd Drive, Kirby Drive, and Bissonnet Street.
- Retail and entertainment hotspots like Rice Village, Hermann Park, and the Museum District are minutes from the gated community.
- Northampton Place is made up of beautiful single-family patio homes. Some homes in the area feature swimming pools, soaring ceilings, and spacious living spaces.
- Homes in the area are zoned to the Houston ISD. Poe Elementary, Lanier Middle School, and Lamar High School serve the community.
- The community is surrounded by some of Houston’s older neighborhoods, including Southampton Place, West University, and Boulevard Oaks.
- Compared to its neighbors, Northampton Place is a relatively new community. It first opened in the mid-1990s.
- Northampton Place is a private residential community of 36 homes and features an automatic gate.
- Northampton Place homes typically feature 3/2/1 floor plans.
- Homes in the community feature a fairly traditioanl architectural style. Brick exteriors and plantation windows punctuate each Northampton Place home.
- Home sizes are between 2,000 to 3,100 square feet. Lot sizes are 2,700 to 3,200 square feet.
- Northampton Place homes for sale typically start at around $400,000. Some of the subdivision’s bigger properties can sell for $600,000.
Northampton Place is located just off North Boulevard. The community is nestled in the area east of Kirby Drive, south of Southwest Freeway, and west of Greenbriar Drive.
The gated residential enclave enjoys a central location, and has schools, shopping districts, and entertainment hotspots nearby. Job centers in the Texas Medical Center and Downtown are minutes away from Northampton Place homes.
Other key Houston districts like the Galleria and the Museum District are easily accessible from the community via main roads like Bissonnet Street, S Shepherd Drive, the Buffalo Speedway.
Northampton Place is under the 77098 Harris County zip code.
Zip codes near Northampton Place Houston include 77005, 77006, 77019, 77046, and 77027. (View Houston zip code map.)
Northampton Place homes are minutes away from Houston’s key retail, cultural, and entertainment districts. Local hotspots like the Museum District, Hermann Park, and Rice Village are easily accessible from the community.
The Museum District, home to some 19 institutions dedicated to art, culture, and science, is a couple of miles away from Northampton Place. Some of the member museums include the Museum of Fine Arts Houston and the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
Hermann Park, on the other hand, is a 400-acre park adjacent to the Texas Medical Center. The park is home to the Houston Zoo, the Miller Outdoor Theater, and the Hermann Park Golf Course.
Five minutes south of Northampton Place lies Rice Village, a 16-block shopping district that features several bars, restaurants, and retail stores. It dates back to the 1930s and features both old and new shops.
Here are some Northampton Place Houston must-visit places:
- Goode Company Taqueria
- YoYo’s Hot Dogs
- Flip ‘n Patties
- Local Foods
- Sweet Paris Creperie & Cafe
- Antica Osteria
- Luna Pizzeria
- Gusto Gourmet
- The Ginger Man
- The Davenport
- Under the Volcano
- Dino’s Den
- Simone on Sunset
- McGonigel’s Mucky Duck
- McElroy’s Pub
- Hans Bier Haus
- Kay’s Lounge
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods Market
- Menil Park
- Levy Park
- Fleming Park
- Ervan Chew Park
- Wier Park
- Mandell Park
- Hermann Park
Neighborhoods near Northampton Place Houston include:
- Southampton Place
- West University
- Museum District
- Medical Center
- Boulevard Oaks
- Upper Kirby
Northampton Place is located near some of Houston’s older neighborhoods, most of which date back to the Bayou City’s 1920s building boom. Southampton Place, Boulevard Oaks, and West University were all developed during the said period.
Northampton Place was developed fairly recently and was finished in 1996. The Northampton Place Homeowners’ Association was formed in June of the same year.
Northampton Place homes are zoned to Houston Independent School District (HISD) and students in the area can attend the following public schools:
- Poe Elementary School at 1401 5100 Hazard. Located a few blocks away from Northampton Place homes, Edgar Allan Poe Elementary is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP). Poe is a Fine Arts magnet school and offers enrichment classes in visual arts, dance, technology, Suzuki violin, and music.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. Named for the famous poet, Sidney Lanier Middle School is located in the nearby Neartown/Montrose area. It is one of the Houston ISD’s International Baccalaureate schools and offers the Middle Years Programme (MYP). It also features a Vanguard gifted and talented program as well as a non-magnet neighborhood program.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Located in Upper Kirby, Lamar High School is one of the most notable schools in the area. It is an International Baccalaureate World School, as well as the HISD’s Business Magnet School. It offers several academic programs, including the IB Diploma Programme, neighborhood, and Advanced Placement.
Northampton Place Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Northampton Place.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremost Ln.
- St. Anne Catholic School at 2120 Westheimer Rd.
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal School at 1800 Sul Ross St.
- Houston Preparatory Academy at 2620 S Shepherd Dr.
- Children’s Garden Montessori School at 2144 Kipling St.
- Bethany Christian School 3223 Westheimer Rd.
To find an updated listing of all Northampton Place real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Note: There have been very few public home sales in the subdivision over the last few years, and so Northampton Place real estate data is not statistically significant.
Compared to nearby neighborhoods like West University, Boulevard Oaks, and Southampton Place, Northampton Place real estate are slightly more affordable, with prices averaging around $500,000.
For updated information regarding Northampton Place real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Northampton Place is made up of gorgeous single-family patio homes.
Northampton Place homes typically feature 3-bedroom, 2-and-a-half-bath floor plans. Living spaces range between 2,000 to 3,100 square feet. Amenities vary, though some of the most expensive homes in the gated community feature swimming pools, high ceilings, and walk-in closets, among others. Other common features include 2-car garages, large master bedrooms, breakfast bars, island kitchens, studies, and fireplaces.
Traditional is the main architectural aesthetic of Northampton Place homes. Brick veneer and wood cover the exteriors, and each home feature plantation-style shutters. Homes in the area have beautiful curb appeal.
Lot sizes are between 2,700 to 3,200 square feet. Northampton Place homes are comparatively smaller than those in neighboring subdivisions, though only very slightly.
Northampton Place homes for sale are typically priced between $500,000 to about $600,000.
There are no townhomes in Northampton Place. There are, however, some units available in the surrounding neighborhoods.
There are no mid- or high-rise Northampton Place condos for sale, but nearby neighborhoods like Upper Kirby, Museum District, and Medical Center have residential buildings within their borders.
Here are a few condos near Northampton Place Houston:
- 2520 Robinhood
- IL Palazzo
- Warwick Towers
- 7575 Kirby
- The Mosaic
- Serento Houston
- 1400 Hermann
- 5000 Montrose
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Northampton Place Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Northampton Place, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Northampton Place Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.