Royal Oaks Houston Neighborhood Guide
Royal Oaks, one of Houston’s most affluent gated communities, is located about 8 miles west of the Galleria.
Royal Oaks homes are highly desirable due to the neighborhood’s:
- LUXURY RESORT-STYLE LIVING: Built where Andrau Airpark once stood, Royal Oaks offers a wide variety of luxury amenities, including a Fred Couples Signature golf course, a fitness center, and a clubhouse.
- GREAT ACCESSIBILITY: The neighborhood is just off Richmond Avenue, and residents have almost immediate access to several main roads like Westheimer Road, Westpark Tollway, Wilcrest Drive, and Beltway 8.
- CENTRAL LOCATION: Royal Oaks homes enjoy proximity to retail and entertainment centers, as well as job centers. Westchase, the Energy Corridor, and the Galleria are minutes away from the neighborhood.
- VARIETY OF HOME OPTIONS: A relatively new development from Las Vegas-based Sunrise Colony Co., Royal Oaks features four home types: villas, chateaus, single-family homes, and estates.
- BEAUTIFUL HOMES: Royal Oaks real estate typically feature beautiful custom or semi-custom homes on mid-sized lots (by Houston standards).
For any inquiries about Royal Oaks homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Royal Oaks Resources (Popular Topics)
- All Royal Oaks Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Royal Oaks Homes For Sale
- Royal Oaks Homes Under $500K
- Royal Oaks Townhomes For Sale
- Five Key Royal Oaks Real Estate Trends
Houston Royal Oaks Neighborhood Profile
- 12 Things Royal Oaks Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Royal Oaks maps and location
- Fun things to do in Royal Oaks
- Neighborhoods near Royal Oaks
- Royal Oaks History
- Royal Oaks Schools
Royal Oaks Real Estate Guide
Located just north of Westpark Tollway, Royal Oaks is one of Houston’s best gated communities.
- Built where Andrau Airpark once stood, Royal Oaks offers a wide variety of luxury amenities, including a Fred Couples Signature golf course, a fitness center, and a clubhouse.
- The neighborhood is just off Richmond Avenue, and residents have almost immediate access to several main roads like Westheimer Road, Westpark Tollway, Wilcrest Drive, and Beltway 8.
- Royal Oaks homes enjoy proximity to retail and entertainment centers, as well as job centers. Westchase, the Energy Corridor, and the Galleria are minutes away from the neighborhood.
- A relatively new development from Las Vegas-based Sunrise Colony Co., Royal Oaks features four home types: villas, chateaus, single-family homes, and estates.
- Royal Oaks real estate typically feature beautiful custom or semi-custom homes on mid-sized lots (by Houston standards).
- Homes in the area are zoned to the Alief Independent School District.
- Royal Oaks Village, one of Houston’s newest retail centers, is a few blocks away from Royal Oaks homes.
- The neighborhood has an active homeowners association.
- Royal Oaks homes typically feature 4- to 5-bedroom floor plans.
- Home sizes are between 2,000 to 9,000 square feet.
- Lot sizes range from 4,000 to more than 20,000 square feet.
- Prices for Royal Oaks homes for sale can start at around $300,000 and can go up to more than $2,500,000.
Located just outside the Beltway, Royal Oaks is nestled directly west of Westchase, north of Westpark Tollway.
Royal Oaks homes have easy access to key business centers like Westchase and the Energy Corridor. The Galleria is a short drive away.
Main Houston arteries like Westpark Drive, Westheimer Road, Beltway 8, Westpark Tollway, and Katy Freeway are all conveniently accessible from the neighborhood.
Parks, schools, entertainment and retail centers are also within driving distance from Royal Oaks homes.
Royal Oaks is under the 77082 Harris County zip code.
Zip codes near Royal Oaks TX include 77042, 77072, 77077, 77083, 77094, 77407, and 77450. (View Houston zip code map.)
Thanks to the neighborhood’s relatively central location in west Houston, Royal Oaks residents are minutes away from retail and entertainment centers, including Westchase Shopping Center, West Oaks Mall, and Hong Kong City Mall, among others.
Royal Oaks Village is within walking distance from Royal Oaks homes, while other retail centers in the area (the Galleria, Memorial City Mall, and the CityCentre) are a short drive away.
For other entertainment options, residents don’t have to go very far.
Royal Oaks Country Club is a private country club that features a 7,000-yard Fred Couples Signature golf course. The par 72 18-hole course features 9 lakes, waterfalls, and other beautiful water features. The club offers an extensive array of practice facilities, including a double-ended driving range, a putting green, and a short-game and chipping green.
Other country club amenities include three swimming pools, a croquet lawn, a fitness center, and tennis courts. Dining facilities are also available at the Club at Royal Oaks Country Club. Non-member residents can enjoy common facilities like the community park, basketball court, playground, and a soccer field.
Here are some of the must-visit places in and around Royal Oaks Houston:
- Bella’s Kitchen Bistro
- Adam’s Chef & Grill
- Little Thai Cafe
- Avesta Persian Grill
- The Original Marini’s Empanada House
- Sadivia’s South American Grill
- Eatwell Bakery Cafe
- 88 Boiling Crawfish and Seafood
- Pagoda Vietnamese Bistro and Bar
- Three Sheets Bar & Grill
- Molly’s Pub
- Pharaoh Hookah Lounge
- First Tee Pub
- Sherlock’s Baker Street Pub
- The Bull & Bear Tavern & Eatery
- Sky Box Grill Bar Games
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Whole Foods Market
- Fiesta Mart
- Terry Hershey Park
- Mike Driscoll Park
- Amity Park
- Mary Ann Francklow Park
- Royal Oaks Village
- Memorial City Mall
- Hong Kong City Mall
- West Oaks Mall
- Town and Country Village
Neighborhoods near Royal Oaks include:
- Energy Corridor
- Memorial area
- Lakeside Forest
- Memorial Villages (Bunker Hill Village)
The Royal Oaks area was previously the Andrau Airpark. The airpark had closed in 1998, and Las Vegas-based developer Sunrise Colony Co. purchased the 500-acre property.
Development of the golf course community started in 2000. It was the first country club to be built within Houston city limits in 50 years.
Upon completion, Royal Oaks is set to feature 900 single-family homes. Several luxury builders offer homes in the community, including Charles Martin Custom Homes, Daybreak Custom Homes, Fairmost Homes, and McVaugh Custom Homes.
Today, around 850 homes have been completed. The community has a very active homeowners association and is one of the best gated communities in Houston.
Royal Oaks homes are zoned to Alief Independent School District (AISD) and students in the area can attend the following public schools:
- Outley Elementary School at 12355 Richmond Ave. The school was named after David Outley, Sr. a dedicated educator. Opened in 1993, Outley specializes in providing a “multicultural program” for its students, with classes in ESL, art, music, language arts, and social studies, among others.
- Budewig Intermediate School at 12570 Richmond Ave. Budewig offers a number of electives (Art, Choir, Orchestra, Health-Tech, and Drama) and clubs (Sports, Dance Fusion, BDN, and others).
- O’Donnell Middle School at 14041 Alief Clodine Rd. O’Donnell is a public co-ed school that serves students in grades 7 to 8.
All students zoned to the Alief ISD can attend Elsik, Hastings, and Taylor. Attendance is assigned via a lottery.
- Elsik High School at 12601 High Star Dr. Elsik first opened its doors in 1975, built adjacent to its “sister school,” Hastings High School. The school boasts of having one of the best debate teams in the state, and offers dual credit for English, Government, and Economics.
- Hastings High School at 4410 Cook Rd. Opened in 1972, Hastings has two campuses. The main campus and the Ninth grade center at 6750 Cood Road.
- Taylor High School at 7555 Howell Sugar Land Dr. Taylor High School opened in 2001 to ease overcrowding in Elsik and Hastings. The relatively young school has made a name for its great athletics programs (Football, Tennis, Swimming and Diving).
Royal Oaks TX Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Royal Oaks.
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaird Schood Dr.
- Memorial Private High School at 14333 Fern Dr.
- River Oaks Academy at 10600 Richmond Ave.
- The Tenney School in at 3500 S Gessner Rd.
- Christ the Lord Lutheran Elementary School at 4410 S Kirkwood Rd.
- Wesley Academy at 10570 Westpark Dr.
To find an updated listing of all Royal Oaks real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Royal Oaks real estate have shown good appreciation rates over the past decade, thanks to a number of factors.
The neighborhood’s popularity, as well as the good number of housing options available in the area, make it an excellent choice for homebuyers of different budgets and needs.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Royal Oaks real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
There are four types of Royal Oaks homes: villas, chateaus, single-family homes, and estates. Custom and semi-custom homes are available from a number of reputable home builders.
The typical Royal Oaks home can feature a 4- to 5-bedroom floor plan. Home sizes range from 2,800 to more than 9,000 square feet. Lot sizes are generous (by Houston standards), ranging from 4,000 to more than 20,000 square feet.
Prices for Royal Oaks homes for sale can start at $300,000 to about $500,000. The most expensive Royal Oaks real estate can sell for more than $2,500,000.
Royal Oaks is mostly made up of single-family homes, though there are plenty of townhomes available in neighboring communities like Royal Oaks Square, Royal Oaks Court and Royal Oaks Courtyard Villas.
These townhomes typically feature 3/2/1 floor plans and about 2,000 square feet of living space. Prices for these Royal Oaks townhomes are between $300,000 to about $500,000.
There are no mid- or high-rise Royal Oaks condos for sale, but plenty of units are available in surrounding areas like Memorial and the Galleria.
Other condos within 10-20 minutes of Royal Oaks include:
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Royal Oaks Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Royal Oaks, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Royal Oaks TX realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate atPaige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.