Southside Place Houston Neighborhood Guide
An upscale community just north of Bellaire Boulevard, Southside Place is one of Houston’s most expensive neighborhoods.
Southside Place homes for sale are consistently in high demand due to the community’s central location, luxurious homes, and charming small-town feel.
- CENTRAL LOCATION: Featuring a central Inner Loop location, Southside Place homes are minutes away from dining, shopping, and entertainment hotspots.
- GREAT ACCESSIBILITY: Southside Place is conveniently located near major roads and thoroughfares including Loop 610, Bellaire Boulevard, and Bissonnet Road, giving it convenient access to key Houston areas such as Downtown Houston and Texas Medical Center.
- LUXURIOUS HOMES: With some of the most expensive real estate in Houston, Southside Place features a luxurious selection of vintage and newly constructed homes sprawled across spacious lots.
- STRONG REAL ESTATE MARKET: Southside Place boasts one of the highest appreciation trends in the past 10 years.
Southside Place homes are ideal for homebuyers looking for quiet and upscale living within the Inner Loop.
For any inquiries about Southside Place homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Southside Place Resources (Popular Topics)
- All Southside Place Homes For Sale
- 12 Things Southside Place Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Southside Place Maps and Location
- Fun things to do in Southside Place
- Neighborhoods near Southside Place
- Southside Place History
- Southside Place Schools
- Paige Martin – Top Ranked Southside Place Realtor
Call Paige at 713-384-5177 to tour a Southside Place Houston home today or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com for more information.
With luxurious homes sprawled on large lots, Southside Place continuously ranks as one of Houston’s wealthiest locations
- Southside Place features a central Inner Loop location, with dining, shopping, and entertainment hotspots just minutes away from the community.
- Conveniently located near major roads such as Bellaire Boulevard and Loop 610, Southside Place homes are easily accessible from key Houston areas including Downtown Houston and the Medical Center.
- Homes in the neighborhood are just a short drive to some of Houston’s best retail hubs such as Uptown Park, Highland Village Shopping Center, and River Oaks Shopping Center.
- Chinese tallows line the streets of Southside Place, giving the neighborhood a lush and charming small-town feel.
- With some of the most expensive real estate in Houston, Southside Place features a luxurious selection of vintage and new-construction homes.
- Homes in the area sit on larger lot sizes compared to its neighbors such as West University. Lot sizes range from 6,750 to 11,000 square feet.
- Southside Place boasts one of the highest appreciation trends in the past 10 years, and is considered as one of the hottest Inner Loop neighborhoods.
- A former marshland, Southside Place was initially developed in the 1920s and featured what were then considered as modern advances such as concrete curbs and sidewalks.
- Southside Place home sizes start at 1,500 square feet for older properties, up to 6,700 square feet for newer properties.
- Homes in the neighborhood can feature 2- to 4-bedroom floor plans, with the most expensive homes offering as many as 5 to 6 bedrooms.
- Southside Place is zoned to the Houston ISD and is serviced by award-winning schools including West University Elementary School and Pershing Middle School.
- Prices for Southside Place homes for sale can start at around $800,000 and can go as high as $4 million.
The neighborhood is located north of Gramercy Street, west of Edloe Street, south of University Boulevard, and east of the 4200 block of Bellaire Boulevard. Streets are alphabetized starting from the west edge with Auden Street to the north end with Jardin Street.
Southside Place features easy accessibility to major roads and thoroughfares including Loop 610, Bellaire Boulevard, and Bissonnet Road.
Southside Place enjoys proximity to Uptown and Downtown Houston, Texas Medical Center, and the Galleria.
Credit to its Inner Loop location, Southside Place has easy access to the best Houston hotspots.
Homes in the neighborhood are just a short drive away to some of Houston’s best retail hubs such as Uptown Park, Highland Village Shopping Center, and River Oaks Shopping Center.
Southside Place also features its own community pool and fire truck park. Other nearby parks and outdoor recreation include Hermann Park and Brays Bayou Park.
Here are some of the best places to visit in and around Southside Place:
- Fabio’s Fresh Pasta
- Central Market Houston
- Tacos Tierra Caliente
- Phoenicia Specialty Foods
- Pat Greer’s Kitchen
- New York Coffee Shop
- Common Bond Café & Bakery
- The Galleria
- Highland Village Shopping Center
- Uptown Park
- River Oaks Shopping Center
Arts & Entertainment
- Miller Outdoor Theatre
- The Menil Collection
- Museum of Fine Arts Houston
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Hermann Park Conservancy
- Memorial Park
- Menil Park
- Helen’s Park
- Brays Hike and Bike Trail
Neighborhoods near Southside Place include:
Southside Place was initially established in 1925 by Edlo L. Crain, a renowned Houston developer.
To attract residents to the area, the developer built park and pool amenities, and planted Chinese tallows all over the neighborhood.
The developer also engineered what were then considered modern advances into the streets of Southside Place such as concrete curbs and sidewalks, and gravel streets.
Residents were attracted to Southside Place both by its updated facilities and the park that served as a central gathering place for the residents — forming a community bond that still exists today.
Southside Place homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD) and students in the area can attend the following public schools:
- West University Elementary School at 3756 University Blvd. Residents located north of Bellaire Boulevard are zoned to the West University Elementary. West University Elementary serves kindergarten to 5th grade students. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Mark Twain Elementary School at 7500 Braes Blvd. Residents located south of Bellaire Boulevard are zoned to the Mark Twain Elementary School. It is an International Baccalaureate World School and offers a PYP (IB Primary Years Programme) and a Literary Development Magnet program.
- Pershing Middle School at 3838 Blue Bonnet Blvd. Pershing is a Neighborhood Vanguard and a Fine Arts Magnet school noted for its great academic programs. The school offers four levels of academics: Grade Level, Pre-AP, Vanguard/GT, and Accelerated Vanguard/GT. It also offers several enrichment classes, including a ropes course, concepts in engineering, robotics, and music production, among others.
- Pin Oak Middle School at 4601 Glenmont St. Located in nearby Bellaire, Pin Oak is an “application only” Foreign Language Magnet school. It offers classes in Chinese, French, Italian, German, and Spanish. It was named a Higher Performing School by the Texas Business and Education Coalition and as a National Blue Ribbon School (2008).
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Home of the Lamar Texans, Lamar High School is located in Upper Kirby. It offers a business administration magnet program, advanced placement, and an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Like its exemplary academics programs, Lamar also features great athletics programs.
- Bellaire High School at 5100 Maple St. Also an IB World School, Bellaire High also offers advanced placement and IB Diploma programs. It is a magnet school for foreign languages, and offers classes in Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hebrew, Italian, Latin, Chinese, and French, among others.
Southside Place TX Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Southside Place.
- Vincent de Paul School at 6800 Buffalo Speedway.
- Mark’s Episcopal School at 3816 Bellaire Blvd.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
To find an updated listing of all Southside Place real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Houston and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Southside Place, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Southside Place Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate atPaige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.