Guide To Stablewood Houston Real Estate, Homes For Sale
One of the first gated communities in Houston, Stablewood covers a 72-acre area just outside the Inner Loop. Patterned after Boulevard Oaks, the community showcases tree-lined streets and luxury homes.
- EXCLUSIVITY: The homes in upscale Stablewood neighborhood have a median sales price of over $3,500,000. Homes in nearby Bayou Woods and Tanglewood feature similar prices.
- 77024 ZIP CODE: Forbes lists the 77024 as one of the most expensive ZIP codes in the US. Some of Houston’s most expensive real estate is within 77024 – including the Memorial Villages and the Memorial area.
- UPTOWN HOUSTON AND THE GALLERIA: The Uptown District/Galleria area is a couple of miles away from Stablewood. The district is home to about 23 million square feet of office space and 5 million square feet of retail space. Over 2,000 businesses with 55,000+ employees call the district home. Uptown Houston is also a major retail and entertainment center, with the Galleria and Uptown Park as major draws.
- GUARDED AND GATED: Stablewood is a private community with a manned entrance off Memorial Drive and a residents-only key card-accessible entrance on Post Oak Lane.
- ACTIVE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION: The Stablewood Property Owners Association handles the community’s security and landscaping, organizes events for residents, and maintains common areas.
- AWARD-WINNING SCHOOLS: Three National Blue Ribbon Schools – Hunters Creek Elementary, Spring Branch Middle School, and Memorial High School – serve Stablewood homes. These multi-award winning schools are from the Spring Branch Independent School District.
- MEMORIAL PARK: Memorial Park, a 1,400+ acre urban park, is a few blocks away from Stablewood. The park features miles of hike and bike trails (including the Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail), several sports facilities, and an 18-hole public golf course. The Houston Arboretum and Nature Park is also located within the park.
Stablewood real estate can be tricky to navigate due to limited inventories (there have been less than 20 public sales in the last two years). Contact Paige Martin, one of Houston’s Best Realtors and one of Stablewood’s most active real estate agents, if you’re looking to buy or sell Stablewood homes for sale.
POPULAR Stablewood HOUSTON RESOURCES
- Stablewood is located in the Memorial area, near Memorial Park, the Galleria, and The Houstonian.
- Credit to the neighborhood’s central location, residents have convenient access to key Houston roads like Memorial Drive, Post Oak Lane, and Loop 610.
- Multi-award winning schools from the Spring Branch ISD, including Hunters Creek Elementary, Spring Branch Middle School, and Memorial High School serve the community.
- Gorgeous homes adorn Stablewood’s tree-lined streets, with styles ranging from Spanish, Mediterranean, and Traditional designs.
- Stablewood carries the distinction of being Houston’s first manned guard-gated community.
- The Stablewood Property Owners Association handles the neighborhood’s security, landscaping, and maintanance of common areas.
- Stablewood homes are minutes away from restaurants, upscale boutiques, schools, parks, and entertainment hotspots.
- Business and employment centers like Downtown Houston and the Energy Corridor are also highly accessible from the subdivision.
- Homes in the area typically have 4- to 5-bedroom floor plans. Home sizes are between 4,000 to 6,800 square feet.
- The most expensive Stablewood real estate can feature up to 20,000 square feet of living space.
- Like most neighborhoods in the Memorial area, Stablewood features large homesites ranging in size from 12,000 to more than 25,000 square feet.
- Prices for Stablewood homes for sale start at around $1,500,000. Bigger properties can sell for more than $5,000,000.
Located some 7 miles west of Downtown Houston, Stablewood lies just outside the Loop, south of I-10.
The neighborhood covers a 76 acre area south of Bayou Woods, west of Memorial Park and Loop 610, north of Tanglewood and the Galleria/Uptown area, and east of the Memorial Villages.
One of the neighborhoods that make up the Memorial area, Stablewood features a central boulevard and 8 streets. The neighborhood is fully gated, with a manned entrance off Memorial Drive and a key card-accessed entrance at N Post Oak Lane.
Made up of about 120 homes, Stablewood is centrally located near one of Houston’s business districts. In addition to the Galleria, other key areas are also highly accessible from Stablewood homes, including Downtown Houston, Memorial Park, and the Energy Corridor.
Retail and entertainment centers within the Galleria and Uptown Park are minutes away from the neighborhood. Parks, schools, outdoor activity hubs, restaurants, and bars are also readily available near Stablewood.
Stablewood is under the 77024 Harris County zip code.
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
Stablewood homes are zoned to schools from the highly regarded Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD).
Spring Branch ISD is known for its multi-award winning schools, most of which have been named National Blue Ribbon School. Headquartered in Hedwig Village, the SBISD received a “Met Standard” accountability rating from the Texas Education Agency in 2016.
National Blue Ribbon Schools Hunters Creek Elementary School, Spring Branch Middle School, and Memorial High School all serve Stablewood homes.
*Note: For a more detailed information on specific schools zoned to different Stablewood areas, please refer to our Houston Schools Guide OR email me.
- Hunters Creek Elementary School at 10650 Beinhorn Rd. Located in nearby Hunters Creek Village, HCE was named a National Blue Ribbon School (1993-94). The school offers several academic programs including Gifted & Talented, English as a Second Language (ESL), Health & Fitness, and music, among others.
- Spring Branch Middle School at 1000 Piney Point Rd. Located in Hedwig Village, Spring Branch Middle is one of the SBISD’s multi-award winning schools. It was named a National Blue Ribbon School in 1997-98. The school was also a TEA Recognized Campus from 2008 to 2010, and a TBEC Honor Roll School in 2008.
- Memorial High School at 935 Echo Ln. MHS opened its doors in 1962 and is currently the oldest high school within the SBISD. Memorial has received a number of awards and recognitions, including the College Readiness Award (2008 and 2010) and the TAKS Gold Performance Award (2012). It was also named a High Performing School (2008 and 2009), an Honor Roll School, and a National Blue Ribbon School (1988-1989).
Stablewood Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Stablewood.
- St. Michael School at 1833 Sage Rd. St. Michael School is a co-educational Catholic school for elementary to middle school students. It is located in the Galleria area.
- Al-Hadi School of Accelerative Learning at 2313 S Voss Rd. Al-Hadi School of Accelerative Learning is an Islamic school located in southwest Houston. The school accepts students from Pre-K to 12th grade.
- Strake Jesuit College Preparatory at 8900 Bellaire Blvd. Strake Jesuit College Preparatory is the largest Catholic school in Houston for grades 9 to 12.
- St. Agnes Academy at 9000 Bellaire Blvd. St. Agnes Academy is a Dominican school for female students in grades 9 to 12.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln. St. John’s School is one of “America’s Elite Prep Schools” according to Forbes.com and “the best private school in Houston” according to the New York Times. St. John’s admits students from K-12.
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Dr. The Kinkaid School is a non-sectarian school attended by students from PK to 12. It is also the oldest independent coeducational school in Greater Houston.
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr.
- Primrose School at the Galleria at 5015 Westheimer Rd.
- St. Theresa Catholic School at 6623 Rodrigo St.
To find an updated listing of all Stablewood real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Stablewood real estate are among the most expensive in Houston. Homes in the gated community have a median sales price of more than $3,500,000. Very few Stablewood homes are put up in the market every year – historically, there are less than 10 public home sales annually within the area.
Note: There have been less than 20 Stablewood homes sold in the past couple of years. Since there are so few average public sales per year, email me for more updated real estate trends.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Stablewood real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Like most homes in the Memorial area, Stablewood real estate features large wooded lots and expansive living spaces.
Stablewood homes typically feature lots with sizes ranging from 12,000 to more than 25,000 square feet. Four to five-bedroom floor plans are common, though bigger homes may feature as many as 6 bedrooms. Home sizes range between 4,000 to more than 6,000 square feet.
Homes in the subdivision offer premium appliances and furnishings, multi-car garages, and landscaped grounds.
Smaller properties in the neighborhood cost around $1,500,000, while the most expensive Stablewood real estate can sell for more than $5,000,000.
The 76-acre area now known as Stablewood was previously a summer estate, owned by Humble Co. co-founder Harry Wiess. The estate featured a John Staub-designed home, and a stable that was later converted into a house for entertaining guests.
Development in the area started in the early 1990s, under Walter Mischer and Jim and Margaret Elkins. Mark Kilkenny was put at the helm of the development.
The neighborhood was modeled after Boulevard Oaks (North and South Boulevards). Streets were carefully planned, along with landscape and architectural guidelines. Original subdivision plans included 135 homesites with six oversized lots. It features two access points: a driveway gate and a guarded main entrance.
Stablewood was incorporated in 1992, the first private guard-gated subdivision in Houston.
Today, Stablewood’s wooded, private streets is adorned with about 120 homes. It is one of Houston’s most exclusive neighborhoods, as well as one of its most expensive.
Houston’s finest dining, retail, and entertainment hotspots are highly accessible from Stablewood homes. Thanks to the neighborhood’s proximity to key neighborhoods like the Galleria and Memorial Park, residents have plenty of options from which to choose.
Memorial Park, a 1,500-acre municipal park, lies a few blocks away from the Stablewood subdivision. The park features a golf course, miles of hike and bike trails, picnic areas, and facilities for swimming, volleyball, skating, tennis, and softball.
The Memorial Park Golf Course opened in 1936 and is one of the state’s top municipal golf courses. The 18-hole course has a 73 course rating and a 122 slope rating. Other Memorial Park attractions includes the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center and the Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail.
The Galleria, on the other hand, features more than 300 upscale boutiques and stores. Anchor stores include Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Saks Fifth Avenue. The area also has several restaurants, bars, and cafes to choose from.
Uptown Park, an upscale retail center, is also minutes away from Stablewood homes.
Here are some of Stablewood TX must-visit places:
- Olivette at the Houstonian
- The Manor House at the Houstonian
- The Americana Cafe
- Etoile Cuisine et Bar
- Uptown Sushi
- Barnaby’s Cafe
- Boca2 Gastro Bar & Bites
- Osaka Japanese Restaurant
- Island Grill
- Cafe Express
- Table on Post Oak
- The Tasting Room
- The Living Room
- Bar 12
- The West End
- WXYZ Bar
- 51fifteen Restaurant & Lounge
- Memorial Win Cellar
- Yellow Rose Distilling
- Whole Foods
- The Fresh Market
In Memorial Park
- Memorial Park Golf Course
- Houston Arboretum and Nature Center
- Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail
- Picnic Loop
- The Galleria
- Uptown Park
- River Oaks District
- Highland Village
- Post Oak Plaza
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.