Tealwood Houston Neighborhood Guide
Tealwood is a gated neighborhood located just outside Houston’s Inner Loop.
With tree-roofed streets and a wide selection of beautiful homes, Tealwood has remained popular over the years due to its:
- GREAT LOCATION: Nestled just outside the Inner Loop neighborhood, Tealwood features close proximity to Houston’s main hubs including the Galleria, Energy Corridor, and Texas Medical Center. The affluent Memorial neighborhood is also minutes away from the community.
- EXCELLENT ACCESSIBLITY: Featuring convenient access to major roads and freeways, Tealwood homes are located east of Beltway 8, west of Gessner Road, north of Briar Forest Drive, and south of I-10.
- SECURE COMMUNITY: With round-the-clock security patrol and gated entrance to the neighborhood, Tealwood offers the ultimate sense of safety and security.
- QUIET, SMALL-TOWN FEEL: Despite its location in the greater Houston area, Tealwood features a quiet enclave with sprawling oak and pine trees scattered all throughout the neighborhood.
- STRONG REAL ESTATE MARKET: Tealwood real estate market has posted steady increase in the last 10 years.
Thanks to its great location and affluent neighbors, Tealwood residents can enjoy top-tier shops and establishments right outside its gates.
For any inquiries about Tealwood homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Tealwood Resources (Popular Topics)
- All Tealwood Homes For Sale
- 12 Things Tealwood Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Fun things To Do Near Tealwood
- Neighborhoods Near Tealwood
- Tealwood Schools
- Paige Martin – Top Ranked Tealwood Realtor
Call Paige at 713-384-5177 to tour a Tealwood Houston home today or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com for more information.
Like most of its neighbors in the Memorial area, Tealwood offers great location, excellent schools, high accessibility, and small town vibe.
- Located just outside the Inner Loop, Tealwood features close proximity to Houston’s main hubs including the Galleria, Energy Corridor, and Texas Medical Center.
- Tealwood enjoys easy accessibility with Beltway 8 to its east, Gessner Road to its west, Briar Forest Drive to its north, and I-10 to its south.
- There are plenty of dining, shopping, and entertainment options in and around the neighborhood, including Memorial City Mall, Town & Country Village, and CityCentre.
- Tealwood is made up of about 170 single-family homes. The neighborhood has an active homeowners association and a set of deed restrictions in place.
- Tealwood is known for its sprawling oak and pine trees, and lovely cul-de-sacs.
- The neighborhood’s real estate market has posted steady increase in the last 10 years.
- Tealwood homes are part of the highly-acclaimed Spring Branch Independent School District.
- Like the rest of its neighbors in Memorial Village, Tealwood homes are priced slightly higher than other places in the greater Houston area.
- Homes in the area feature original 70s ranch-style designs, but French and contemporary modern designs are also available.
- Tealwood homes for sale typically sit on large lots, ranging from 9,600 to 10,800 square feet.
- Most homes in the neighborhood feature three to four bedroom plans, with larger properties offering up to 5 to 6 bedrooms.
- Prices for Tealwood homes for sale can start at around $600,000 up to $2 million.
Tealwood residents can enjoy top-tier establishment right outside its gates, with dozens of restaurants, cafes, bars, and other shops scattered throughout the Memorial Village area.
Some of Houston’s best shopping centers are within minutes from the neighborhood, including Memorial City Mall, Town & Country Village, and CityCentre.
Outdoor recreation is also easily accessible with Memorial Park just 15 minutes away from Tealwood. Memorial Park is one of the country’s largest urban park and features hike-and-bike trails, playing fields, and picnic areas.
Other notable places to visit in and around Tealwood include:
- Adam’s Chef & Grill
- Local Foods
- Gumbo Jeaux’s
- Taste of Texas
- Izakaya Wa
- Roostar Vietnamese Grill
- Peli Peli
- Bean’s Café CoffeeHouse
- French Riviera Bakery & Café
- Pura Coffee
- The Americana Café
- Pappy’s Café
- Memorial City Mall
- Town & Country Village
- The Galleria
- Costco Wholesale
- Memorial Park
- Hedwig Park
- George Bush Park
- Nottingham Park
- Terry Hershey Park
- Bendwood Park
Neighborhoods near Tealwood include:
- Spring Branch
- Galleria / Uptown area
- Energy Corridor
- Lakeside Forest
- Royal Oaks
- Upland Lakes
Tealwood homes are part of the highly-acclaimed Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD) and students in the area can attend the following public schools:
- Frostwood Elementary School at 12214 Memorial Drive. The newly constructed campus welcomed students in January 2014 and serves kindergarten through 5th It has a GreatSchools.Org rating of 10/10.
- Memorial Middle School at 12550 Vindon Drive. Memorial Middle School serves students from grades 6 to 8. It has a GreatSchools.Org rating of 10/10.
- Memorial High School at 935 Echo Lane. Memorial High School serves grades 9 through 12, and offers a rigorous college preparatory program. It has a GreatSchools.Org rating of 8/10.
Tealwood TX Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Tealwood:
- Memorial Private High School at 14333 Fern Drive
- Theresa Catholic School at 6623 Rodrigo Street
- Thomas High School at 4500 Memorial Drive
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Drive
To find an updated listing of all Tealwood real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Houston and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Tealwood, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Tealwood Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate atPaige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.