Weslayan Plaza Houston Neighborhood Guide
Weslayan Plaza is a small deed-restricted neighborhood located in one of Houston’s most expensive neighborhoods.
With wide curving streets, towering oak trees, and well-kept lawns, Weslayan Plaza homes are continuously in demand.
- GREAT LOCATION: Nestled within the Inner Loop, Weslayan Plaza homes are minutes away from numerous entertainment and dining options, excellent schools, and major employment centers including Downtown Houston.
- CONVENIENT ACCESSIBLITY: Weslayan Plaza is in close proximity to major thoroughfares such as Buffalo Speedway, Bissonnet Street, Kirby Drive, and Southwest Freeway.
- BEAUTIFUL HOMES: From traditional ranch-styles to contemporary modern homes, Weslayan Plaza offers a great selection. Like homes in West University, homes in the area are priced higher compared to other neighboring districts.
- NEAR RETAIL AND ENTERTAINMENT CENTERS: The neighborhood has plenty of shopping options nearby including Rice Village, Highland Village, Greenway Plaza, and the Galleria.
Weslayan Plaza homes are ideal for homebuyers looking for a quiet neighborhood within the prized Inner Loop location.
For any inquiries about Weslayan Plaza homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Weslayan Plaza Resources (Popular Topics)
- All Weslayan Plaza Homes For Sale
- 12 Things Weslayan Plaza Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Fun things to do in Weslayan Plaza
- Neighborhoods near Weslayan Plaza
- Weslayan Plaza Schools
- Paige Martin – Top Ranked Weslayan Plaza Realtor
Call Paige at 713-384-5177 to tour a Weslayan Plaza Houston home today or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com for more information.
Like its affluent neighbors West University, Southampton, and Upper Kirby, Weslayan Plaza features a quiet community within a prized Inner Loop location.
- Weslayan Plaza homes are minutes away from key Houston locations including the Medical Center and Downtown Houston.
- The neighborhood has convenient access to major thoroughfares including Buffalo Speedway, Bissonnet Street, Kirby Drive, and Southwest Freeway.
- Weslayan Plaza is in close proximity to numerous dining, shopping, and entertainment options including Highland Village, Rice Village, Greenway Plaza, and the Galleria.
- The neighborhood is zoned to the Houston Independent School District, and students in the area may attend the West University Elementary School, Pershing Middle School, and Lamar High School.
- Like most neighborhoods in the area, Weslayan Plaza has an active homeowners association and enforces deed restrictions within the community.
- Most Weslayan Plaza homes for sale feature original 1950s ranch-style designed homes.
- New construction 2-storey homes in contemporary modern designs are also available.
- Homes in the area typically sit in large wooded lots, ranging from 6,800 up to 7,500 square feet.
- Older Weslayan Plaza home sizes range between 1,400 to 1,800 square feet;
- While new construction home sizes are much larger and range from 4,000 up to 6,400 square feet.
- Most homes feature two to three bedroom floor plans, with newer properties offering up to 5 bedrooms.
- Prices for Weslayan Plaza homes for sale can start at around $500,000 to $1.1 million.
Thanks to Weslayan Plaza’s central location, residents are mere minutes away from Houston’s finest cultural and entertainment hotspots, as well as major economic centers. Rice Village and Highland Village are just some of the upscale shopping centers within its vicinity.
Residents of Weslayan Plaza can also enjoy a variety of outdoor recreation. From numerous parks and green spaces, the neighborhood has easy access to several outdoor facilities including Hermann Park and Buffalo Bayou Park
Other must-visit places in and around Weslayan Plaza include:
- Little Jimmy’s Deli
- Luna’s Pizzeria
- Local Foods
- Peli Peli
- Del Frisco’s Steakhouse
- Luigi’s Cucina Italiana
- Argentina Café
- Sweet Paris Creperie & Café
- Sonoma Wine Bar & Restaurant
- Seasons 52
- The Cellar Bar
- Simone on Sunset
- Highland Village
- The Galleria
- Rice Village
- Greenway Plaza
- Central Market
- Ten Thousand Villages
- World Market
- Hermann Park
- Gerald Hines Waterwall Park
- Rice Running Trail
- Memorial Park
- Buffalo Bayou Park
- Houston Arboretum and Nature Center
Neighborhoods near Weslayan Plaza include:
- West University
- Braeswood Place
- Southside Place
- Upper Kirby
- River Oaks
- Museum District
Weslayan Plaza homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School Disctrict (HISD). Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- West University Elementary School at 3756 University Blvd. West University Elementary School serves kindergarten to 5th grade students. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Pershing Middle School at 3838 Blue Bonnet Blvd. The school serves students grades 6 through 8 and offers a Fine Arts magnet program. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 7/10.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. The school offers business management courses as well as International Baccalaureate programs. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 7/10.
Weslayan Plaza TX Private Schools
The following are some of the notable private schools near Weslayan Plaza:
- Southampton Montessori School at 5012 Morningside Dr. It is a co-educational preschool with a GreatSchools.org community rating of 5/5.
- Mark’s Episcopal School at 3816 Bellaire Blvd. The school serves students from preschool to Grade 8 and has a GreatSchools.org community rating of 4/5.
- The Post Oak School at 4600 Bissonnet St, Bellaire. The Post Oak School is a Montessori school serving elementary to high school students. It has a GreatSchools.org community rating of 4/5.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St, Bellaire. Episcopal High School is a co-educational school with a curriculum based on academics, religion, fine arts, and athletics. It has a GreatSchools.org community rating of 4/5.
To find an updated listing of all Weslayan Plaza real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Houston and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Weslayan Plaza, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Weslayan Plaza Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate atPaige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.