Of all types of Houston homes, the single family home is the most popular. Houston single family homes are everywhere, and they are easy to buy and to sell. A single family home is located on its own plot of land, meaning it is not attached to another home.
Advantages of Houston Single Family Homes
The advantages of a Houston single family homes include:
1) The space is yours (both the house and the land it sits on)
2) Resale value is usually higher than with other types of homes,
3) Provides you the most privacy and flexibility as there are no common walls between you and your neighbors,
4) If you have enough room, and you can add on rooms to your home.
Disadvantages of Houston Single Family Homes
The disadvantages of a Houston single family homes include:
1) The cost of maintenance and repairs is yours, you would be responsible for landscaping and upkeep cost;
However, Houston single family homes are the most affordable among the top 10 most populated metropolitan areas in the United States. Single family homes in Houston cost approximately 40% less than the average prices of 26 metropolitan locations in the US. Houston is a very attractive and affordable city to live in!
If you need any assistance searching for Houston Single Family Homes, please call Paige at 713-384-5177 or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
As featured on Fox News, Paige Martin is a multi-year, multi-award winning Houston Realtor and the owner of HoustonProperties.com. Paige is a member of HAR, TAR and the National Association of Realtors. Her website, HoustonProperties.com features over 500 pages of Houston real estate information and details on over 40,000 Houston Texas Real Estate properties for sale as well, as free tips on how to quickly sell Houston homes.