REALTORS: HAS YOUR BUSINESS FLATLINED AT $2-3MM/YEAR? READY TO LEVEL UP?
"Joining the Houston Properties Team was life changing. I was selling about $2MM/year before I joined. In my first year, I sold over $7M. In my second year, I doubled that. If you have the work ethic and desire to grow, we'll get you there." Kim Vargas
Are you struggling to grow your business?
Do you know you are capable for more than your numbers reflect today?
Are you worried your knowledge limitations are holding you back from providing the best fiduciary services to your clients?
Are you willing to put in the work to achieve your goals?
Do you have grit to push through painful realities and lessons now?
If you’re looking for a community of like-minded Realtors who will push you to grow, hold you accountable for your commitments, increase your knowledge, and help you through a playbook of success . . . and you’re willing to work for it . . . this may be the team for you.
"Before I joined the team, I was selling about $2M/year for the last several year. In my first year, I closed almost $9M." - Ashley
Table of Contents
- STEP #1: LEADS
- STEP #2: SUPPORT
- STEP #3: COMMUNITY
- STEP #4: THE SYSTEM
- STEP #5: KNOWLEDGE
- OUR WHY
- HOUSTON PROPERTIES TEAM VALUES
- BEST REAL ESTATE AGENTS IN HOUSTON: WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- INTERESTED? START HERE!
STEP #1: LEADS
"I've been able to increase my business over $10 million per year with the Houston Properties Team." - Shannon Poindexter
We currently have 34,411 opt-in prospective leads in our system that we connect with at least twice a month.
Between 60,000 - 80,000 people visit HoustonPropeties.com every month.
Between 200 - 400 new leads sign up every week.
We have 13 agents.
Why don’t we add a lot more agents? Our community and our culture mean too much to us to dilute the team.
If you’re on the Houston Properties Team, you’ll never have a shortage of leads.
STEP #2: SUPPORT
Our Success Team helps agents do what they do best - spend time with clients. They handle everything else.
We have 16 back office staff members supporting our agents.
429 people apply for every single job we fill on the backend team. The ones we hire are exceptional.
Every agent has a dedicated Success Team Liaison.
- These liaisons are responsible for coordinating our entire backend team to help you achieve your goals.
- They check in with you in the morning, to sync up on your schedule for the day.
- They’re on call Monday through Saturday for you to drop in projects, tasks, emails you need sent out, offers or anything else you need.
- They’re responsible for giving you end of day reports on everything finished and everything outstanding from your task list.
- When you sign up for your annual goal, a big part of their goal is to help you reach it.
Here’s a small list of the 586 tasks that our backend support team are trained to do:
- Draft offers
- Draft listing docs
- Create buyer reps
- Follow up with clients to ensure documents are signed
- Organize your files
- Coordinate showings
- Pull (or track down) Seller Disclosure notice
- Run our 152-step Seller checklist for your listings
- Run our 135-step Buyer checklist for anyone you have under contract
Every one of our 586 tasks has a dedicated workflow.
- You (and anyone else on the team) can rate any task.
- This is how we know which workflows need to be improved and who needs coaching.
If you’re on the Houston Properties Team, you’ll also have enough support so you can focus on your clients.
STEP #3: COMMUNITY
Every year we take all agents who qualify (and their significant other) on a fabulous trip to celebrate the year!
If you're a Houston Realtor, your life is stressful.
Who's there to talk you through the nuances of a contract late on a Friday?
Who do you call to find out what builders are reputable?
Who is there for you when you just need to vent?
Who holds you accountable for your weekly call goals?
Who is there for you when you're planning your life goals and how you want to shape your career?
Who do you enjoy traveling with?
The Houston Properties Team is a small group of elite agents who understand the stresses of the business AND who want to help each other achieve their full potential.
STEP #4: THE SYSTEM
If you're willing to put in the work, and you have the grit to get through the painful life lessons to truly add value to your clients, we have the leads and the systems to get you there.
Before Paige Martin founded the Houston Properties Team, she was ranked the #5 Individual Realtor in the world at Keller Williams (and #1 in Texas!)
Over 15 years, she developed the playbook on how to create a great real estate career.
Over the last 10 years, we’ve developed the technology CRM that fully integrates all:
- Lead management
- Prospect follow up
- Neighborhood analytics
- Support functions
- Daily dashboard
- Buyers under contract
- Listing marketing
As of last year, 100% of our team who’s been with us for a year sold over $7M, and our average agent sold over $15M/year.
If you’re on the Houston Properties Team, you’ll have a winning playbook to follow to grow your business.
STEP #5: KNOWLEDGE
The foundation of providing exceptional client care is knowledge.
100% of our agents are knowledgeable about their craft, contracts, real estate trends and the changing market.
- 30/60/120 day onboarding steps
- Daily call script training calls
- 2,000+ pre-written templates offering content on nearly any topic any client has asked
- 57+ Houston real estate guides
- Proprietary analytics system giving you insight into the changes in the neighborhoods where you focus
If you’re on the Houston Properties Team, you'll be held to the highest standards of knowledge and competency.
We believe your career is an investment - both in the life you want to lead and also to generate long term wealth.
The Houston Properties Team believes our clients’ homes are an investment—both in the life they want to live and also to help them create long-term wealth.
Our purpose is to help people create prosperity & wealth through the ownership of real estate.
By finding the right home, our clients experience joy in their lives and abundance with their assets.
The best financial advisers will tell you that the main way to build wealth is to “stay invested for the long term” and “avoid big mistakes.”
This is true for stocks and bonds – and for most people’s single largest asset: their home.
What this means is that our team is candid. We will NOT just “sell a house to make a commission.” We tell our clients the bad and the ugly. This is hard and not everyone likes it, but this candor is something we expect from everyone on the team.
This is why the Houston Business Journal recognizes us as one of the top real estate teams in Houston. We believe in helping our clients seek opportunities that define the life they want to live. We understand their lifestyle is an investment into the joy they experience every day and we work to enhance that.
Our agents will spend more time telling clients why they SHOULDN’T buy a home than tell them which homes to buy. This unique approach is why we’re among the best real estate companies for Houston agents.
HOUSTON PROPERTIES TEAM VALUES
When it’s all said & done, we live by the Golden Rule: We treat others the way we want to be treated.
Why are we the best real estate company to work for in Houston? It’s because we are a values-driven team.
Our values define our daily actions, whether we’re communicating with each other or protecting our clients’ interests. This is what makes the Houston Properties Team a world class organization, ranking among the top realtors in Houston.
“It’s not what you say in life. It’s what you do that defines you.”
- See It. Own It. Solve It. Do It.
- Have the integrity to take responsibility for what you promised. “Your word is your bond."
- Take responsibility for your actions.
“Coachable (Adjective): Being grateful someone cares enough about you to push you to improve beyond where you would get on your own.” - Lindsey Wilson
- Humility. No Ego. No Entitlement. This is the starting point.
- Ask: “What can I do better?” . . . then listen and absorb the answer.
- Respond without excuses. Improve every day.
“No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.” – Teddy Roosevelt
- A home is someone’s sanctuary, foundation & investment. A home is a place of personal freedom, security, comfort & a source of financial stability. Helping them protect this is why they hire you.
- Give before you take.
- Our care is illustrated by knowledge, empathy, advice & emotional support.
“Speak the Truth. Transparency breeds legitimacy.” – John Maxwell.
- We believe in clear, unhindered honesty. We believe we all want the truth – even if when it’s hard to speak it & hear it.
- It is through candor that you establish a trusted relationship.
- We are authentic in our relationships and how we communicate – in work & in life.
- We value candor - it’s where you tell the good, the bad & the ugly – even when it’s painful to do so.
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Ben Franklin
- Never quit learning.
- We exhibit competency and know-how to enable our clients’ success and protect them from harm.
- We invest in our continual education to be the single most informed real estate source for our clients.
We aspire to hone the best real estate agents in Houston by providing great training opportunities and tools. For our team members, our organization's role is to give you the infrastructure & support to achieve your opportunity & growth.
This is about your story - not ours. What is the life you want to live & how do you want to create your long term wealth?
This is not a job. This is a life.
We want to help you curate one – regardless of where you are in your path. But you cannot do that without accepting these values.
These values are the foundation. Working your way to being one of the top earning real estate agents would just be an added bonus.
BEST REAL ESTATE AGENTS IN HOUSTON: WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for talent. We can train everything else.
You’re looking for the best real estate companies to work for in Houston. We’re looking for an exceptional agent who has the wit and the grit.
Committed to building relationships. Our team won’t “love and leave” clients. Our commitment to act with integrity and care extends beyond closing. We want people who really care and will place their clients’ best interests over theirs.
A team player. We want people who are dedicated to moving the organization forward for everyone’s benefit.
Willing to learn and grow your knowledge. Our team thrives on challenges and arms themselves with continuing education, training, and current market data. We want people who are willing to expand their knowledge to be able to serve their clients better.
We want people who we like and want to spend time with. Life is short – not everything is easy – but you want to enjoy your work, colleagues, and clients.
Success is never accidental. It requires great determination and commitment.
We're looking for agents who are hungry enough to put on the work to become exceptional.
INTERESTED? START HERE!
Step #1: Email Paige@HoustonProperties.com and say hello!
Interested in learning more?
If you’ve read this far, then you probably have a good sense that relationships are of the utmost importance to us.
We want both parties to be sure there’s a strong match.
Our hiring process is slow and methodical. We'll want you to meet a lot of our team members. Everyone in the team has a voice in who else we bring on.
We want your full commitment. Before you make a decision, ask yourself:
- What motivates you to join the team?
- Which aspects of this job do you think you would enjoy the most?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
STEP #1: SEND US AN EMAIL
- Send us an email telling us a little about yourself.
- Tell us about your experience as an agent (assuming you’re an agent) including years in the business, your production.
- Tell us where you live now.
- Tell us what you know about the role/company.
- Tell us why you think you may be a good fit.
(You don’t need great prose, just something from the heart will do!)
Step #2: Take a free personality assessment and a free assessment to see how you match to about 40 different roles in the industry.
We're not a fit for everyone.
Here are the biggest reasons that we're not going to be a fit:
- If you're in this business "just to make money" (and put your economics ahead of a fiduciary duty to clients).
- If you expect this to be easy.
- If you run from painful lessons.
- If you're not willing to invest in your knowledge and education every month.
- If you really want to be a solo agent, and being part of a team is just a means to an end.
We're also a big believer in profile assessments.
If you're interested in joining our team, we'll send you two, free, profile assessments to complete.
FIRST - THE KPA
Based on our experience, Keller Williams has the single best profile assessment in the world (the Keller Personality Test aka KPA) to help people match their core personality with up to 40 different jobs in real estate.
These assessments help you learn about yourself and what jobs you are best at.
Just like we want to be candid with clients about not buying a bad house “that is beautiful” - if your profile doesn’t match being a fit on our team, we want to tell you upfront.
These tests are free and take about 20-30 minutes to complete.
SECOND - THE DISC
In addition, we believe there is a lot of value in the DISC
You can read about the benefits here.
We'll send a you link to complete the full version for free.
This helps you both learn more about yourself, and helps us learn how to best communicate with you.
Note: everyone on the Houston Properties Team needs to place their real estate license at Keller Williams Memorial for E&O purposes.
The Houston Properties Team is part of one of the top real estate brokerage firms in Houston and in the world.
- Keller Williams is the #1 real estate organization in the world.
- Keller Williams is the #1 real estate organization in the US
- Keller Williams Memorial is the #1 full service brokerage in Houston.
- The Houston Properties Team is the #1 boutique real estate team.
If you're not with Keller Williams Houston now, that's no problem.
In your email (step #1) just mention that you'd also like to meet with the head of our brokerage. We'll get you a meeting so you can learn more about the brokerage.
If you think you may be a fit, we’d love to hear from you!