Free Houston Home Value Report
Get a Free Houston Comparative Market Analysis.
Selling your home but don't know where to start? This article explains how to know the value of the property that you're selling. The article discusses:
Realtors in Houston can charge up to $475 for a CMA. A CMA from HoustonProperties.com is completely free and does not obligate you to anything. A detailed CMA will help get you a good deal on your home sale.
The Houston Properties Team brings its depth of real estate knowledge and experience in the preparation of the report.
"Paige Martin and the Houston Properties Team are all specialists in their roles. I was amazed at how fast my transactions were completed with the best deals possible. Thank you for removing the hassle out of my real estate experience!" – Courtney Nuckols
Table of Contents
- What is a CMA?
- Why is Pricing My House For Sale Important?
- How Does a CMA Help Me Price My House?
- The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
What is a CMA?
Complete the form above for a free, no-obligation Houston Comparative Market Analysis for your Houston home for sale, or call 713-425-4194 for immediate assistance.
A CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) is an important tool in helping you sell your Houston home or understand how much to offer for a new home purchase. A CMA is an analysis of properties that have recently sold in your market area and serves as a critical benchmark for your home’s value.
Using our Houston market knowledge, we provide qualitative price adjustments to the properties that have sold based on the characteristics of your home and the comparable properties. Some of those characteristics are:
Home square footage
Lot square footage
Interior upgrades and finishes
Home’s age and condition
Exterior upgrades (e.g. pool, landscaping, porch, etc.)
Why is Pricing My House For Sale Important?
The Houston Properties Team provided excellent resources and guidance. Their staging, photography, and marketing were second to none. We joked that the pictures online could not have come from our house!!! They brought a lot of buyers through, and we were fortunate enough to have multiple offers to choose from. They helped us pick a great offer and negotiated very strongly on our behalf. In addition, they got us a free leaseback, so we had time to find our new home after closing. We highly recommend them for real estate needs.”-Jeff, Cinda &Billy Long
Pricing a home for sale is one of the most important steps in selling a Houston home.
If you price a home too high, it can sit on the markets for months or even years, costing you precious time and money. Sometimes it may never sell at all and create the aura of a “problem house.”
If you price your home for sale too low, you can leave tens of thousands of dollars or more on the table. All of the advertising and marketing dollars will not overcome an incorrectly priced home.
Determining the right price for a home is one of the most difficult steps for a Houston home seller. It is often an emotional process.
It can be overly influenced by factors that may not be important to the seller (e.g. dollars you’ve spent on personal upgrades; How much profit you “want” from the house; Getting enough profit from a recent utility or roof fix, etc.)
Fortunately, there are ways to get the market value of my home for free.
Homeowners benefit greatly from a clear and un-emotional understanding of the facts and recent transactions that have closed in their surrounding areas.
Even if a home is unique, buyers will still look to neighborhood homes that have sold and use that information in their pricing offer.
If the home seller doesn’t have information from comparable home sales and an analysis of the nearby market, they’ll be at a competitive disadvantage in negotiations.
How Does a CMA Help Me Price My House?
Paige Martin guides clients through all aspects of selling a home and ensures that all transactions goes as seamlessly as possible. Email Paige at PMartin@HoustonProperties.com or call 713-425-4194 today for personalized service.
A Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) helps you price your home because it gives you:
Data from recent homes sold in your area;
Facts surrounding the conditions and options included in those neighboring homes;
Analysis of market trends that provide you insight into Houston real estate market conditions;
A professional Realtor’s input and opinion on how to use all of this information and arrive at a recommended price range to optimize your home sale process.
We are skilled and experienced at selling hundreds of Houston homes.
These experiences have allowed us to understand Houston market information, make the right CMA selection, and utilize the most appropriate comparable properties.
More often than not, the value and opinions from our staff are very close to the actual sale prices of Houston homes.
The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
The Houston Properties Team has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member. Each member is a specialist in their role – which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
Paige Martin, Broker Associate with Keller Williams Realty, and the Houston Properties Team are ranked among the top residential Realtors in the world.
They have been featured on TV and in dozens of publications including The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, Reuters, Fox News in the Morning, Money Magazine, Houston Business Journal, Houstonia, and Houston Chronicle.
Paige Martin was just ranked as the #5 agent in the world with Keller Williams, completing over $1 Billion in Houston residential real estate sales.
Recent awards include:
– 2022: #1 Residential Real Estate Team by Sales Volume, Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Real Estate Teams in America, RealTrends.com
– 2021: Top 100 Women Leaders in Real Estate of 2021
– 2021: America’s Top 100 Real Estate Agents
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
– 2020: America’s Best Real Estate Teams, Best of America Trends
– 2020: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2020: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2020: #6 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
– 2020: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas (Top Keller Williams Realtor)
– 2020: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2019: Top Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2019: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2019: #5 Individual Agent, KW Worldwide
- 2019: #1 Individual Agent, KW Texas
- 2018: #5 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2018: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2018: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2018: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2017: #10 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2017: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2017: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2017: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2016: #20 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2016: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, United States
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2014: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
...in addition to over 318 additional awards.
Paige also serves a variety of non-profits, and civic and community boards. She was appointed by the mayor of Houston to be on the downtown TIRZ board.
Benefits Of Working With The Houston Properties Team
Our team, composed of distinguished and competent Houston luxury realtors, has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member.
We find the team approach as the most effective way to sell homes. We have dedicated people doing staging, marketing, social media, open houses, and showings. Each Houston Properties Team member is a specialist in their role—which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
The benefits of working with a team include:
- the ability to be in two or three places at one time; a member can handle showings, while another answer calls
- collective time and experience of members
- targeted advice and marketing of agent expert in your area
- competitive advantage by simply having more resources, more ideas, and more perspectives
- a “checks and balances” system; selling and buying a home in Houston is an intensely complex process
- more people addressing field calls and questions from buyers and agents to facilitate a faster, successful sale
- efficient multi-tasking; one agent takes care of inspections and repair work, while another agent focuses on administrative details
- multiple marketing channels using members’ networks
- constant attention: guaranteed focus on your home and your transaction
- lower risk for mistakes. Multiple moving parts increase oversights. A team approach handles these “parts” separately
- flexibility in negotiation and marketing
- better management of document flow
- increased foot traffic through more timely and effective showing schedule coordination; and
- increased sphere of influence and exposure to more potential buyers.
To meet all the award-winning members of the Houston Properties Team, please go here.
Best Houston Real Estate Resources
- Houston Texas Zip Code Map | HoustonProperties
- How To Avoid Buying In Houston's Flooded Zones
- The Best Gated Communities In Houston TX | Updated (2023)
- Kingwood West Housing Market | Real Estate Trends & Forecast
- Revere At River Oaks Condo Houston | 2325 Welch Street