Houston Home Buying Programs: 7 Tips To Get Your Dream Home
Increase your chances of getting your Houston dream house instead of losing it to another buyer, with these easy steps.
- Get pre-qualified for a mortgage with a Houston mortgage broker. By securing mortgage pre-qualification, you’ll be able to make a firm commitment to buy and make your offer more desirable to the seller.
- Stay in close touch with your real estate agent to find out first about new listings that come on the market. And be ready to go see a Houston house as soon as it goes on the market.
- Scout out new listings yourself. Look at Internet sites, newspaper ads, and drive by the Houston neighborhood frequently. Maybe you’ll see a brand-new ‘for sale’ sign before anyone else.
- Be ready to make a decision. Spend lots of time in advance deciding what you must have so you won’t be unsure when you have the chance to make an offer.
- Bid competitively. You may not want to start out offering the absolutely highest price you can afford, but don’t try to go to low and get a deal. In a tight market, you’ll lose out.
- Keep contingencies to a minimum. Restrictions such as needing to sell your Houston home before you move or wanting to delay the closing until a certain date can make your offer unappealing. In a tight market, you’ll probably be able to sell you house rapidly. Or talk to your lender about getting a bridge loan to cover both mortgages for a short period.
- Don’t get caught in a buying frenzy. Just because there’s competition doesn’t mean you should just buy anything. And even though you want to make your offer attractive, don’t neglect inspections that help ensure that your house is sound.
Paige Martin is a member of the prestigious Martha Turner Properties’ Circle of Excellence, an award given to honor the company’s top producers. Paige is a member of HAR, TAR and the National Association of Realtors. Her website, , features over 500 pages of Houston real estate information and details on over 40,000 properties of Houston Texas Real Estate for sale as well, as free tips on how to quickly sell Houston homes. Paige Martin, Realtor, Martha Turner Properties.
Call Paige at 713-384-5177 to tour a Houston TX home or get other Houston home buying programs today. Email [email protected] for more information.