10 Key Tips When Buying A Home In Houston TX
- Find a Houston real estate agent that has a successful track record and understands Houston neighborhoods. Home buying in Houston is not only a big financial commitment, but also an emotional one. It’s critical that the Houston real estate agent you chose is both skilled and a good fit with your personality.
- Remember, there’s no ‘right’ time to buy at Houston home, any more than there’s a right time to sell. If you find a Houston home now, don’t try to second-guess the interest rates or the housing market by waiting. Changes don’t usually occur fast enough to make that much difference in price, and a good Houston home won’t stay on the market long.
- Don’t ask for too many opinions. It’s natural to want reassurance for such a big decision, but too many ideas will make it much harder to make a decision.
- Accept that no house is ever perfect. Focus in on the things that are most important to you and let the minor ones go.
- Don’t try to be a killer negotiator. Negotiation is definitely a part of the real estate process, but trying to ‘win’ by getting an extra-low price may lose you the Houston home you love.
- Remember your Houston home doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Don’t get so caught up in the physical aspects of the house itself’room size, kitchen’that you forget such issues as amenities, noise level, etc., that have a big impact on what it’s like to live in your new Houston home.
- Don’t wait until you’ve found a Houston home and made an offer to get approved for a mortgage, investigate insurance availability, and consider a schedule for moving. Presenting an offer contingent on a lot of unresolved issues will make your bid much less attractive to sellers.
- Factor in maintenance and repair costs in your post-home buying budget. Even if you buy a new Houston home, there will be some costs. Don’t leave yourself short and let your Houston home deteriorate.
- Accept that a little buyer’s remorse is inevitable and will probably pass. Buying a Houston home, especially for the first time, is a big commitment, but it also yields big benefits.
- Choose a Houston home first because you love it; then think about appreciation. While U.S. homes have appreciated an average of 5.4 percent annually over from 1998 to 2002, a home’s most important role is as a comfortable, safe place to live.
Paige Martin is a member of the prestigious Martha Turner Properties’ Circle of Excellence, an award given to honor the company’s top producers. Paige is a member of HAR, TAR and the National Association of Realtors. Her website, HoustonProperties.com , features over 500 pages of Houston real estate information and details on over 40,000 properties of Houston Texas Real Estate for sale as well, as free tips on how to quickly sell Houston homes. Paige Martin, Realtor, Martha Turner Properties.
Call Paige at 713-384-5177 to tour a Houston Tx home today or email [email protected] for more information.