Houston Homestead Exemption Guide
What You Need To Know About Houston Homestead Exemptions
The best thing Houston area homeowners can do to protect their primary residence against rising tax bills is to file for a homestead exemption.
You can file Homestead exemptions at any time immediately after closing. Each county has a different online application process:
- Apply using this form.
Fort Bend County
- Create an account or log in here and complete the homestead application form.
- Create a new account or log in here and complete the homestead application form.
- You can also submit your application via mail or at their office.
If you have any questions about Homestead Exemptions in the Houston area, please let us know.
Table of Contents
Best Houston Real Estate Resources
- Houston Texas Zip Code Map | HoustonProperties
- How To Avoid Buying In Houston's Flooded Zones
- Houston Neighborhoods | Houston Map, Real Estate, Homes
- The Best Houston Neighborhoods Near The METRORail
- San Luis Condo Houston | 5220 Seawall Boulevard