The Huntingdon Condos In Houston
Developed by James E. Lyon, The Huntingdon luxury high-rise has been a River Oaks landmark since 1984.
Currently pegged as the 27th tallest building in Houston, The Huntingdon has 34 floors and 120 luxury condos for sale.
- Address: 2121 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX, 77019
- Year Built: 1984
- Number of Units: 120
- Nearby Buildings: 2727 Kirby, Gotham Lofts, Renoir Lofts and The Royalton
- Neighborhood: River Oaks
For more information or available The Huntingdon Houston Condos for sale, call Paige Martin at
713-384-5177 or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com
12 Things The Huntingdon Condo Buyers Should Know
Standing at 503 feet, The Huntingdon luxury high rise is among the tallest purely residential buildings in the Bayou City.
- Currently the 27th tallest building in the Bayou City, The Huntingdon features 34 stories and 120 condo units. The building also features 6 penthouses.
- Completed in 1984, The Huntingdon was from developer James E. Lyon and architect Talbott Wilson.
- It is located in River Oaks, one of Houston’s most expensive and exclusive neighborhoods.
- The Huntingdon is nestled along Kirby Drive, just south of San Felipe Street. S Shepherd and Westheimer are a few blocks away.
- Several retail and entertainment options are available nearby, including the Riverl Oaks Shopping Center, Rice Village, and Highland Village.
- Residents also have plenty of dining and nightlife options minutes away from the building.
- The Huntingdon’s great location makes it highly accessible to and from key Houston districts like the Galleria/Uptown area, Downtown, and the Medical Center.
- The Huntingdon residents are zoned to top-rated HISD schools, including River Oaks Elementary, Lanier Middle School, and Lamar High School.
- Building amenities include a concierge and valet service, tennis courts, two swimming pools, an exercise room, and a sauna.
- The Huntingdon condos for sale typically feature spacious living areas, modern interior designs, and top of the line appliances.
- The luxury high rise features a variety of floor plans, from 1-bedroom units to penthouses with 4 to 5 bedrooms. Sizes range from 800 to more than 8,500 square feet.
- Prices for The Huntingdon condos for sale are typically priced between $400,000 to more than $3,500,000.
The Huntingdon Condos: River Oaks Houston Neighborhood Guide
Standing at 503 feet high, The Huntingdon towers over the peaceful and affluent neighborhood of River Oaks. It serves as a centerpiece to one of Houston’s more prestigious and exclusive areas, providing its residents with exclusive access to amazing River Oaks views.
The affluent community of River Oaks is located north of the Upper Kirby district, west of Montrose, east of Briar Hollow and the Galleria/Uptown area, south of Memorial Park and Rice Military. The neighborhood is mere minutes away from Downtown Houston.
This location allows Huntingdon residents easy access to many of Houston’s main spots, including world-class restaurants, dynamic shopping malls and retail outlets, and sprawling business districts. The River Oaks Shopping Center, Highland Village, and Rice Village are a convenient distance away.
The Central Business District is only four miles away from the neighborhood. Other job and business centers like the Greenway Plaza area, The Galleria, and the Medical Center are also highly accessible to and from the neighborhood.
River Oaks Houston is under the 77019 Harris County zip code.
The Huntingdon: Features and Amenities
The Huntingdon was from developer James E. Lyon and architect Talbott Wilson. It opened its doors in 1984, and has since become a prominent landmark in Houston’s most affluent neighborhood.
The luxury Houston high rise is known for its well appointed units with spacious rooms, modern interior designs, and premium appliances. Featuring 120 units spread across 34 stories, The Huntingdon offers a variety of floor plans ranging from one to three bedrooms. The most expensive units can offer as many as 4 to 5.
Building amenities include such concierge and valet services, tennis courts, two swimming pools, an exercise room, and a sauna.
The Huntingdon Amenities
- Concierge service
- Valet parking
- Exercise room
- Two swimming pools
- Tennis courts
- Party room
- Storage space
- Service elevator
The Huntingdon Condo Features
- Spacious living spaces
- Modern interior designs
- Premium appliances
The Huntingdon Condo Sale Trends
Like most luxury Houston condos, The Huntingdon has a median sales price of over $1,000,000. Property values have shown strong appreciation rates, despite slight fluctuations.
The Huntingdon condos for sale have remained popular. On average, there have been less than 10 units sold per year in the last decade.
Some factors tend to affect pricing, including the building’s variety of condo sizes in different price ranges and the number of units put in the market each year.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For more information on available The Huntingdon Houston condos, please contact Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com