Capitol Lofts Houston | Compare Capitol Lofts For Sale
Capitol Lofts Resource Directory
- Capitol Lofts For Sale
- Capitol Lofts For Lease
- Reviews & Trends
- Building Amenities
- Similar Highrises: Bayou Lofts, Hermann Lofts, St Germain Lofts
- Neighborhood: Downtown
- Maps & Directions: 711 Main Street Houston, Texas, 77002
- Year Built/Converted: 1908/1998
- # Units: 35
- Sell My Capitol Lofts Condo
Capitol Lofts Executive Summary
Originally built in 1908 for office and retail use, Capitol Lofts is a 10-story converted building with 35 units. Capitol Lofts sits next to St. Germain condos, just a few blocks away from Theatre District and Historic District.
- CONVERTED LOFTS: 711 Main LLC converted the former M.E. Foster Building into Capitol Lofts in 1998. The developers kept most of the building intact, with lofts built out within the existing walls. The renovation included the construction of one and two-story units on levels three through nine and penthouses on the tenth floor. Capitol Lofts also features an exercise room and a rooftop terrace area.
- UNIQUE ARCHITECTURE: Capitol Lofts features a glass-and-granite curtain wall on the exterior, an original design from Architect Jack Preston Wood. The developers retained the building’s traditional and classical designs while at the same time added modern finishes. Each unit features characteristics unique to converted buildings such as exposed ductwork, brick walls and open floor plans.
- GOOD LOFT SPACES: Capitol Lofts offers 35 units ranging between 906 square feet up to 2,000 square feet. The lofts come with 11-foot concrete ceilings, large windows, frosted glass panels, crown moldings, hardwood floors from Brazil, stainless steel appliances, and European-style cabinets.
- THEATRE DISTRICT: Residents are just two blocks away from Theatre District, one of Downtown’s cultural and entertainment hubs. The 17-block Theatre District is home to Houston’s nine performing arts organizations, the 130,000-square-foot Bayou Place entertainment complex, restaurants, plazas, and parks.
- MARKET SQUARE PARK: Market Square Park, located 2 blocks from the Capitol Lofts, features green space, dog runs, public art exhibit, and entertainment plaza. Residents also get to enjoy several restaurants and bars that border the park, including Bad News Bar, Batanga, OKRA Charity Saloon, La Carafe, and Warren’s.
- CENTRAL DOWNTOWN LOCATION: Located centrally within the Downtown area, Capitol Lofts provides residents easy access to Houston’s Central Business Center. Home to more than 200,000 employees, Downtown has more than 3,000 businesses including big, prominent companies such as Chevron, JP Morgan Chase, Continental Airlines, and Shell Oil Company.
- ENTERTAINMENT AND SPORTS VENUES: Residents are only minutes away from Downtown’s popular sports and entertainment venues, including Minute Maid Park and Toyota Center (home to the Astros and The Rockets). Also a few blocks away, Avenida Houston is one of Downtown’s newest entertainment hotspots. Named after the boulevard that fronts the George R. Brown Convention Center, the 99,000-square-foot Avenida Houston includes Discovery Green’s 12-acre park, public art installations, Hilton Americas-Houston and the Marriott Marquis.
- METRORAIL ACCESS: Sitting along Main Street, Capitol Lofts is directly in front of the MetroRail. Serving as a major transfer point between the Red, Purple, and Green lines, the Central Main Station is only a block away from Capitol lofts. Residents enjoy easy access to and from Houston’s key districts like The Medical Center, EaDo, and Museum District. (See Houston Highrises Near The Metrorail Guide.)
Buying a condo in Capitol Lofts can be tricky. It’s a converted building with only a few units sold each year. Some units have been updated while others are maintained to keep the “loft style” intact (exposed ductwork, high ceilings, brick walls). There are also a lot of new construction projects in the Downtown area. This is dramatically changing the views of other units, while also providing comparable condos in newer buildings.
Following are the amenities currently offered at Capitol Lofts and what the HOA fee covers:
- Granite and marble lobby
- Reserved basement parking
- 2 elevators
- Exercise room on second floor
- Rooftop garden terrace
- 9-to-16′ ceilings
- Balcony per unit
- Custom vanity cabinetry with porcelain sink
- Granite countertops
- High quality electric appliances including: cooktop, oven/microwave combination or range & separate microwave, dishwasher, disposal and Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Imported hardwood flooring
- Imported marble countertops
- Independent air conditioning/heating units
- Large windows
- Multiple TV, cable, and telephone outlets
- Some units feature original terrazzo flooring or tile
- Sound-insulated demising walls
- Stainless steel or cast iron sink with separate hand sprayer
- Washer/dryer connections
- Whirlpool tub – separate shower in most units
Capitol Lofts not only offers excellent central Downtown location, but also great building amenities like the rooftop terrace and exercise room on the second floor.
The building’s monthly maintenance fee covers common building amenities and services including insurance, trash, water and sewer.
Below you will see how St. Germain Lofts compares with other Downtown, Neartown and EaDo condos: (See Houston Condos: HOA Fees & Amenities)
Since its renovation in 1998, Capitol Lofts has posted steady real estate appreciation annually. Most of the owners are retaining their units over the last 10 years. Capitol Lofts’ units for sale have a list price between $250,000 to $300,000.
For a custom report about this building and its sales trends, please email me. For a detailed report on how the condo market is performing, see Best Performing Housing Segment in Houston.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For more information on available Capitol Lofts condos, please contact Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
12 Things Capitol Lofts Condo Buyers Should Know
One of Downtown’s converted historic lofts, Capitol Lofts features excellent central Downtown location near popular entertainment and retail hotspots.
- 711 Main LLC converted the former M.E. Foster Building into Capitol Lofts in 1998.
- Capitol Lofts sits next to St. Germain along Main Street in front of the MetroRail line.
- Capitol Lofts features 10 stories with one and two-story units on levels three through nine and penthouses on the tenth floor.
- Located centrally within the Downtown area, Capitol Lofts provides residents easy access to Houston’s Central Business Center.
- Residents are just two blocks away from Theatre District, one of Downtown’s cultural and entertainment hubs.
- Market Square Park, located 2 blocks from the Capitol Lofts, features green space, dog runs, public art exhibit, and entertainment plaza.
- Residents are only minutes away from Downtown’s popular sports and entertainment venues, including Minute Maid Park and Toyota Center (home to the Astros and The Rockets). Also a few blocks away, Avenida Houston is one of Downtown’s most popular entertainment hotspots.
- The building features an exercise room and a rooftop terrace.
- Capitol Lofts’ 35 units has exposed ductwork, brick walls and open floor plans, some of the characteristics unique to converted loft buildings.
- Available in 7 floor plans, the units range in size between 906 square feet up to 2,000 square feet.
- The lofts come with 11-foot concrete ceilings, large windows, frosted glass panels, crown moldings, hardwood floors from Brazil, stainless steel appliances, and European style cabinets.
- Capitol Lofts units for sale have a list price between $250,000 to $300,000.
Capitol Lofts Pet Policies & Management Office
One of Houston’s pet-friendly condos, Capitol Lofts allows residents to house domestic pets like dogs, cats and fishes. The breed and weight of the pets need approval from the management.
Capitol Lofts: Mass Transit Options And Access
Downtown is among the most accessible neighborhoods in Houston. Residents enjoy easy access to and from Houston key districts like the Museum District and Medical Center via the METRORail, the bus system, Houston B-Cycle, and Greenlink.
Downtown is not only known as Houston’s Central Business District but also one of the city’s popular culture and entertainment centers. Downtown is home to several sports and entertainment venues like Minute Maid Park, Toyota Center and Discovery Green. Theatre and Historic Districts also feature a collection of exciting retail and entertainment establishments like Market Square Park and Bayou Place.
- Popular Neighborhood Venues: Discovery Green, GreenStreet, Houston Theater District
- Top Ranked Restaurants Nearby: Niko Niko’s, Hearsay Gastro Lounge, La Fisheria, La Carafe, The Pastry War, Fusion Taco
- Grocery Stores: Phoenicia Specialty Foods, Guanajuato Supermarket
- Trails & Parks: Market Square Park , The Buffalo Bayou
Capitol Lofts sits at 711 Main Street, Downtown Houston. Downtown Houston lies north of I-69 (Gulf Freeway), south of I-10 (Katy Freeway), and west of I-45 (Eastex Freeway).
Located centrally in the Downtown area, Capitol Lofts have direct access to other Houston key districts. Texas Medical Center, about 5 miles away from the building, is the largest medical complex in the country. Home to premier shopping and retail centers, the Galleria area is located 8 miles west of Capitol Lofts.
Downtown’s popular entertainment hotspots are just a few blocks away from Capitol Lofts. Just a block away, Theatre District houses Houston’s 9 performing arts organizations, the Bayou Place, restaurants, plazas, and parks. Avenida Houston, a Downtown entertainment attraction, is located about 3 blocks away from Capitol Lofts.
Downtown Houston’s zip code is 77002.
Capitol Lofts: School Zoning Information
Capitol Lofts is located within Downtown. Downtown is zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
Capitol Lofts residents can send their children to the following schools:
Gregory-Lincoln Education Center at 1101 Taft St. GLEC serves students from Kindergarten to 8th grade. The school features a fine arts magnet program and offers classes in the theatre arts, culinary arts, dance, visual arts, multimedia arts, and vocal music.
Northside High School at 1101 Quitman St.The formerly named Jefferson Davis High School features a Hotel and Restaurant Management magnet program.
Paige Martin is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable condo Realtors in Houston, and has a lot of experience helping people buy and sell at Capitol Lofts.
Our vast market knowledge, relationships & extraordinary marketing platform (built over 10 years) will help you sell faster, for more money. Know what your home value is AND learn more about our Houston seller program.
We pay to have your condo staged and professionally
photographed by one of the best
photographers in Houston.*
Online Marketing Dominance
9 out of 10 buyers use the Internet to search for condos.
We rank in the top 3 results for over 1,150 unique, intentional Houston condo keyword searches on Google.
Only we will feature you to our 400,000 annual visitors.