Guide To Franklin Lofts | Franklin Lofts Houston For Sale
Franklin Lofts Resource Directory
- Franklin Lofts For Sale
- Franklin Lofts For Lease
- Reviews & Trends
- Building Amenities
- Similar Highrises: Bayou Lofts, Hermann Lofts, St Germain Lofts
- Neighborhood: Downtown
- Maps & Directions: 201 Main St, Houston, Texas 77002
- Year Built/Converted: 1904/2002
- # Units: 62
- Sell My Franklin Lofts Condo
Franklin Lofts Executive Summary
Houston’s first steel-framed structure, Franklin Lofts features 62 units with “next-door” living to Downtown’s most exciting retail and entertainment venues. Franklin Lofts is also located near Allen’s Landing and Market Square Park.
- UNIQUE ARCHITECTURE AND FLOOR PLAN: Franklin Lofts is previously known as Lomas & Nettleton Building. Frank Garvey converted the original building in 2002, retaining its neoclassical architectural details. Featuring characteristics unique to converted historical buildings, Franklin Lofts units have exposed ductwork, high ceilings, brick walls and open floor plans.
- GOOD LOFT SPACES: Franklin Lofts’ 62 units are located on the upper six floors of the building. Each floor features eleven lofts ranging in size between 800 square feet up to about 2,500 square feet. The lofts feature large windows, 11-20 foot concrete ceilings, gallery like hallways, solid wood doors and oak flooring, stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, and European style cabinets.
- NEAR CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT: One of Houston’s main employment centers, Downtown houses over 150,000 employees and 3,000 businesses. Franklin Lofts residents who work Downtown benefit from the easy commute or drive between their home and workplace.
- EXCITING RETAIL AND ENTERTAINMENT: Market Square Park, located 2 blocks from the building, features green space, dog runs, public art exhibit, entertainment plaza, sidewalk restaurants and nightlife hotspots. Downtown is also home to popular sports and entertainment venues including Minute Maid Park, Toyota Center, BBVA Compass Stadium, and Discovery Green.
- THEATRE DISTRICT: Less than a mile from Franklin lofts, The 17-block Theatre district is one of Downtown’s cultural and entertainment centers. The district features nine performing arts organizations, the Bayou Place, restaurants, plazas, and parks. Bayou Place is a 130,000 square foot complex that houses full-service bars, restaurants, theatres and house films.
- METRORAIL ACCESS: One of the condos near MetroRail stations, Franklin Lofts provides residents easy commute to and from different Houston key districts like Texas Medical Center, Museum District and NRG Park. The nearest MetroRail stop is Preston Station, located one block from the building.
Buying a condo in Franklin Lofts can be tricky. It’s a converted building with only a few units sold each year. Some units have been updated while others are maintained to keep the “loft style” intact (exposed ductwork, high ceilings, brick walls). There are also a lot of new construction projects in the Downtown area. This is dramatically changing the views of other units, while also providing comparable condos in newer buildings.
Following are the amenities currently offered at Franklin Lofts and what the HOA fee covers:
- Covered parking in adjacent 7-story parking facility
- 10-foot windows
- 11 to 20-foot concrete ceilings
- Gallery like hallways
- Solid wood doors and oak flooring
- Stainless steel appliances,
- Granite counter tops
- European style cabinets.
- Solid oak flooring
- Double density wall partitions
- Halogen track lighting & decorative wall sconces
- Commercial grade telecommunications wiring
- Energy efficient water source heat pump
Franklin Lofts has signature features unique to converted historical buildings such as exposed ductwork, high ceilings, brick walls and open floor plans. Monthly maintenance fee pays for the building’s shared expenses including building & grounds, porter, gas and trash.
Buildings from the 1960s and 1980s typically have larger HOA fees because they are less energy efficient than newer buildings.
Below you will see how Franklin Lofts compares with other Downtown, Neartown and EaDo condos: (See Houston Condos: HOA Fees & Amenities)
Franklin Lofts has posted steady real estate appreciation rates over the last decade. Many owners are retaining their units yearly.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For more information on available Franklin Lofts condos, please contact Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
12 Things Franklin Lofts Condo Buyers Should Know
Previously the base of the First National Bank, Franklin Lofts is one of Downtown’s premier historic converted buildings.
- Built in 1904, Franklin Lofts is Houston’s first steel-framed structure. It is the tallest building at the time of its completion.
- Frank Garvey converted the building in 2002 and retained the neoclasscal architectural details of the original building.
- Featuring characteristics unique to converted historical buildings, Franklin Lofts units have exposed ductwork, high ceilings, brick walls and open floor plans.
- One of Downtown’s historic converted buildings, Franklin lofts is located along Main Street just few blocks from Allen’s Landing.
- Franklin Lofts features 62 units located on the top 6 floors of the building. Each floor features eleven lofts ranging in size between 800 square feet up to about 2,500 square feet.
- Residents are few minutes away from Texas Medical Center.
- Market Square Park, located 2 blocks from the building, features green space, dog runs, public art exhibit, entertainment plaza, sidewalk restaurants and nightlife hotspots.
- Residents are also few minutes away from Downtown’s popular sports and entertainment venues including Minute Maid Park, Toyota Center, BBVA Compass Stadium, and Discovery Green.
- Less than a mile from Franklin lofts, The 17-block Theatre district is one of Downtown’s cultural and entertainment center. The district features nine performing arts organizations, the Bayou Place, restaurants, plazas, and parks.
- Franklins Lofts is one of the condos near MetroRail stations. The nearest MetroRail stop is Preston Station, located a block from the building.
- Each loft features large windows, 11-20 foot concrete ceilings, gallery like hallways, solid wood doors and oak flooring, stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, and European style cabinets.
- Franklin Lofts condos for sale are priced between $250,000 to $350,000.
Franklin Lofts Pet Policies & Management Office
Franklin Lofts is a pet-friendly building and allows residents to home pets in their units. Franklin Lofts doesn’t have its own dog walking area but Market Square Park, few blocks from the building, has dog runs.
Franklin Lofts: Mass Transit Options And Access
Downtown is among the most accessible neighborhoods in Houston. Key Houston districts like the Museum District and Medical Center are highly accessible via the METRORail, the bus system, Houston B-Cycle, and Greenlink.
Franklin Lofts residents are only a block away from the nearest METRORail stop, the Preston Station. Green Link Bus is a free transportation service within Downtown. The 2.5-mile bus route has 18 stops that connects eight hotels, the George R. Brown Convention Center, the Central Library, Green Street, Discovery Green, City Hall, Main Street Square and Houston Pavilions.
Downtown is not only known as Houston’s Central Business District but also one of the city’s popular culture and entertainment centers. Downtown houses several sports and entertainment venues like Minute Maid Park, Toyota Center and Discovery Green. Theatre and Historic Districts also feature a collection of exciting retail and entertainment establishments like Market Square Park and Bayou Place.
- Popular Neighborhood Venues: Discovery Green, GreenStreet, Houston Theater District
- Top Ranked Restaurants Nearby: Niko Niko’s, Hearsay Gastro Lounge, La Fisheria, La Carafe, The Pastry War, Fusion Taco
- Grocery Stores: Phoenicia Specialty Foods, Guanajuato Supermarket
- Trails & Parks: Market Square Park , The Buffalo Bayou
Franklin Lofts is located at 201 Main St. in the northern part of Downtown Houston. Downtown Houston lies north of I-69 (Gulf Freeway), south of I-10 (Katy Freeway), and west of I-45 (Eastex Freeway).
Other Houston key districts are few minutes away from Franklin lofts. Texas Medical Center and Galleria is located 6 miles southwest and 10 miles west of of the building, respectively.
Residents are few minutes away from Downtown’s exciting entertainment and retail establishments. GreenStreet is less than a mile away from the building and features 263,000 sq. ft. of office and retail space. Market Square Park, just two blocks away, houses a variety of entertainment venues, businesses, nightclubs and restaurants.
Less than a mile, Theatre District is one of Houston’scultural and entertainment center featuring nine performing arts organizations, the Bayou Place, restaurants, plazas, and parks.
Downtown Houston’s zip code is 77002.
Franklin Lofts: School Zoning Information
Franklin Lofts is located within Downtown. Downtown is zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
Franklin Lofts residents can send their children to the following schools:
Crockett Elementary School at 2112 Crockett Street. Crockett is a neighborhood Vanguard school that offers bilingual and fine arts programs. They serve Serving students from grades PK to 5 and also offers fine arts program like classes in ballet, visual art, music, and rhythmic dancing.
Gregory-Lincoln Education Center at 1101 Taft St. GLEC serves students from Kindergarten to 8th grade. The school features a fine arts magnet program and offers classes in the theatre arts, culinary arts, dance, visual arts, multimedia arts, and vocal music.
Davis High School at 1101 Quitman St. Jefferson Davis High School features a Hotel and Restaurant Management magnet program.
Paige Martin is one of the most experienced and knowledge condo Realtors in Houston, and has a lot of experience helping people buy and sell at Franklin Lofts.
Our vast market knowledge, relationships & extraordinary marketing platform (built over 10 years) will help you sell faster, for more money. Know what your home value is AND learn more about our Houston seller program.
We pay to have your condo staged and professionally
photographed by one of the best
photographers in Houston.*
Online Marketing Dominance
9 out of 10 buyers use the Internet to search for condos.
We rank in the top 3 results for over 1,150 unique, intentional Houston condo keyword searches on Google.
Only we will feature you to our 400,000 annual visitors.