Audubon Hollow Houston | Audubon Hollow Homes For Sale
Located in the area between the Galleria and River Oaks, Audubon Hollow is a new construction gated community just off Briar Hollow Lane. The 3.2-acre development is tucked within a wooded hollow, with a bridge and manned entrance.
- SEMI-CUSTOM LUXURY HOMES: Audubon Hollow homes are semi-custom, so homebuyers can opt to change some aspects of their homes’ floor plans, finishes, and furnishings. Common amenities include spacious master suites, chef’s kitchens, open living spaces, game rooms, and elevators.
- SECURE AND EXCLUSIVE: Tucked within a wooded area, Audubon Hollow is a gated community with a manned gate just off Briar Hollow Lane. Prices for homes in the community start at around $1,700,000. (See 16 Best Gated Communities Within 35 Minutes of Downtown Houston)
- CENTRAL LOCATION: Audubon Hollow is one of the residential communities within Briar Hollow, a mixed use district south of Memorial Park and east of Loop 610. Residents enjoy short commutes to key business and entertainment districts, including downtown, the Galleria, and Upper Kirby/Greenway Plaza.
- NEAR PLENTY OF RETAIL AND ENTERTAINMENT: The community is blocks away from several retail centers, including River Oaks District and Highland Village.
- PROXIMITY TO THE GALLERIA: The Galleria (Uptown area) is home to more than 23 million square feet of office space. Over 2,000 companies with 50,0000+ employees operate out of the district. Several retail centers are also within the area, including Uptown Park and the Galleria, one of the largest shopping centers in the country.
POPULAR Audubon Hollow TX RESOURCES
- Audubon Hollow homes are semi-custom, so homebuyers can opt to change some aspects of their homes’ floor plans, finishes, and furnishings. Common amenities include spacious master suites, chef’s kitchens, open living spaces, game rooms, and elevators.
- Tucked within a wooded area, Audubon Hollow is a gated community with a manned gate just off Briar Hollow Lane. Prices for homes in the community start at around $1,700,000.
- Audubon Hollow is one of the residential communities within Briar Hollow, a mixed use district south of Memorial Park and east of Loop 610. Residents enjoy short commutes to key business and entertainment districts, including downtown, the Galleria, and Upper Kirby/Greenway Plaza.
- The community is blocks away from several retail centers, including River Oaks District and Highland Village.
- The Galleria (Uptown area) is home to more than 23 million square feet of office space. Over 2,000 companies with 50,0000+ employees operate out of the district. Several retail centers are also within the area, including Uptown Park and the Galleria, one of the largest shopping centers in the country.
- Audubon Hollow homes are zoned to three of the Houston ISD’s IB World Schools: School at St. George’s Place, Lanier Middle School, and Lamar High School.
- Houston-based Butler Brothers Development, the same developers behind Maravilla Court and Place de Vosges, spearheads the 3.2-acre project.
- Audubon Hollow features garden homes that demand low maintenance with smaller yards and 3-story construction.
- There are 11 different 3- to 5-bedroom floor plans from which to choose. Home sizes range from 3,600 to 6,000 square feet.
- Lot sizes are 3,300 to around 4,500 square feet.
- Homes in Audubon Hollow draw inspiration from Acadian and Creole architecture with simple brick veneer and stucco exteriors.
- Prices for Audubon Hollow homes for sale range from $1,700,000 to upwards of $3,000,000.
Audubon Hollow features 22 luxury homes looped around a central park area. The community’s gated entrance is just off Briar Hollow Lane, a couple of blocks away from Loop 610. A bridge connects the community to the rest of Briar Hollow, crossing a ravine.
Covering around 3.2 acres, Audubon Hollow is one of the communities that make up Briar Hollow, a mixed-use neighborhood west of River Oaks and east of the Galleria/Uptown Park area. Other nearby neighborhoods include Afton Oaks, Highland Village, and Oak Estates.
Raintree Place, another gated community, is located nearby.
The community is easily accessible via main roads and freeways, including Loop 610, Westheimer Road, Post Oak Boulevard, and San Felipe Street. Downtown Houston is about 6 miles away.
Major retail centers are blocks away from Audubon Hollow homes. Uptown Park, River Oaks District, the Galleria, and Highland Village are all within a few minutes away from the community.
Downtown Houston is approximately 6 miles away from Audubon Hollow. Other key employment centers, like the Galleria and the Greenway Plaza/Upper Kirby area, are minutes away.
Audubon Hollow real estate have a 77027 zip code. (View Houston zip code map.)
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
Audubon Hollow homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
Established in the 1920s, Houston ISD is the largest school district in the state (with 283 schools). The Texas Education Agency (TEA) gave the district a “Met Standard” rating in 2016. HISD features several International Baccalaureate (IB) World schools, including Lamar High School, Lanier Middle School, and St. George Place Elementary School.
Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- St. George Place Elementary School at 5430 Hidalgo St. Also known as St. George Place Elementary School, it is an IB World School (Primary Years Programme) and a Vanguard neighborhood school for Gifted and Talented students.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. Established in the 1920s, Lanier Middle School serves the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP), a non-magnet neighborhood program, and a Vanguard magnet program for gifted and talented students. In 2011, the school received the Texas Gold Performance Award.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Home of the Lamar Texans and one of the oldest lacrosse programs in the state, Lamar High School is an International Baccalaureate World School serving the Diploma Programme. It boasts the most number of graduates with IB diplomas in Texas and features other academic programs like a Business Administration magnet program and Advanced Placement programs.
Audubon Hollow Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Audubon Hollow.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln.
- Afton Oaks School at 4739 Ingersoll St.
- Presbyterian School at 5300 Main St.
- St. Anne Catholic School at 2120 Westheimer Rd.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
To find an updated listing of all Audubon Hollow real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Note: Since the community is quite new, Audubon Hollow real estate trends aren’t available as of this writing. For more information about specific homes, communities and condos in and around Audubon Hollow, please email me.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Audubon Hollow real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Audubon Hollow is known for its new construction garden homes featuring Acadian architecture. The community features 22 luxury homes, each with high end furnishings and finishes.
There are 11 floor plans available, though most feature three-story construction with attached garages, spacious masters bedrooms, covered patios, and soaring ceilings. Audubon Hollow homes are also elevator-ready.
Brick veneer and stucco adorn Audubon Hollow homes’ exteriors, with exposed brick on outdoor balconies and covered patios.
Home sizes range from 3,600 to 6,000 square feet. Three- to five-bedroom floor plans are available. Lot sizes are between 3,300 to around 4,500 square feet.
Prices for Audubon Hollow homes for sale can start at $1,600,000. Bigger floor plans can fetch price tags of upwards of $3,000,000.
Audubon Hollow’s garden homes are detached single-family dwellings. There are plenty of townhomes in the Briar Hollow area, however.
Listed below are some of them.
- Bancroft Square
- Raintree Place
- The Park at Audubon Hollow
There are a number of midrise and luxury highrise condos within the Briar Hollow area. Unit sizes, floor plans, and building amenities vary.
- The Arabella
- The Wilshire
- Chateau Briar Hollow
- Highland Tower
- 58 BriarHollow Lane
- Park Square One Condominiums
Here are more condos in nearby River Oaks and Galleria area.
- River Oak Gardens
- Piedmont at River Oaks
- The Royalton at River Oaks
- Bayou Bend Towers
- Inwood Manor
- Regency House
- Renoir Lofts
- The Willowick
- The River Oaks
Drawing its name from naturalist John James Audubon and its verdant surroundings just south of the Buffalo Bayou, Audubon Hollow is one of the newest gated communities in the Briar Hollow area.
Briar Hollow was once farmland, well outside Houston city limits. Development in the area started around the 1970s, resulting in a number of smaller communities and residential condominiums, including Raintree Place, Riverhollow, and Park Square Condominium.
Audubon Hollow is among the more recent developments in the area, along with Place de Vosges (also from Butler Brothers Development).
Audubon Hollow homes are arranged around a central park area. Thanks to the community’s location, residents are mere minutes away from some of Houston’s best retail, dining, and entertainment hotspots.
River Oaks District, a 250,000-square feet outdoor shopping center, features upscale stores, restaurants, and cafes.
The Highland Village Shopping Center, on the other hand, is home to an Apple store, Williams-Sonoma, and Banana Republic, among others. Many restaurants, cafes, and other commercial establishments also line Westheimer Road and Post Oak Boulevard.
One of Houston’s landmarks, Memorial Park, is a short drive away from Audubon Hollow homes. Several sports facilities (croquet, swimming, tennis, etc.), miles of multi-use trails, picnic areas, and playgrounds are available within the former army boot camp.
The Memorial Park Golf Course is an 18-hole John Bredemus-designed municipal course. Other popular attractions within the park is the Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail and the Houston Arboretum and Nature Park.
Uptown Park and the Galleria, two popular retail and entertainment hotspots, are also located nearby.
Here are some of Audubon Hollow Houston must-visit places:
- rise nº2
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar
- Liberty Kitchen & Oysterette
- North Italia
- True Food Kitchen
- Sozo Sushi & Lounge
- Steak 48
- Shake Shack
- Adair Kitchen
- River Oaks District
- The Galleria
- Highland Village
- Uptown Park
- Post Oak Plaza
- Sage Plaza Shopping Center
- Story Ultralounge
- Le Colonial
- The Tasting Room
- Bar 12
- The Cellar Bar
- The Remington Bar
- The Railyard
- The West End
- Seasons 52
- Central Market
- Whole Foods Market
- Westcreek Market and Deli
- Trader Joe’s
Golf and Outdoor Entertainment
- River Oaks Country Club
- Memorial Park
- Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
- Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail
- Memorial Park Tennis Center
- Memorial Park Golf Course
- Picnic Loop
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.