Bellaire Homes For Sale Under $1M
Nestled between the cities of Houston and West University, Bellaire features top ranking schools, several parks, and its very own library.
Southwest Freeway and The Galleria are just north of the city’s border, while Loop 610 runs through the city’s center.
Though generally a residential neighborhood, Bellaire also has commercial, light industrial and mixed-use residential and commercial zones.
Bellaire homes for sale are in constant demand because of its:
- WIDE RANGE OF HOMES: Bellaire has a variety of homes including bungalow single-family homes, two-story townhomes, and sprawling estate style homes.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Bellaire residents have easy access to Texas Medical Center and Downtown Houston. Houston shopping, entertainment, and cultural districts like The Galleria, Museum District, and River Oaks Shopping Center are only minutes away.
- GREAT SCHOOLS: The city is zoned to Bellaire High School, Pin Oak Middle School, Condit Elementary School, and Horn Elementary School. Bellaire High School is a top rated school in the country, while Pin Oak is a National Blue Ribbon School.
Bellaire is a “city within a city”. It enjoys a central location and easy access to and from Houston’s main districts. It provides a quiet and friendly community, and has rightfully earned its nickname, “City of Homes.”
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Bellaire townhome.
Bellaire Houston Resources:
- Bellaire Neighborhood Guide
- All Bellaire Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Bellaire Homes For Sale
- Bellaire TX Maps
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Bellaire homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Bellaire homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Bellaire TX Neighborhood Guide
Bellaire is surrounded by the cities of Houston and West University. It has a central location in the Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land metropolitan area, and a southwest location in Harris County.
Two major freeways, the Southwest Fwy and West Loop S, provide easy access to key Houston locations, including the Galleria, the Medical Center, Downtown Houston, and the Museum District.
Bellaire’s roots can be traced to a certain William Wright Baldwin, president of the South End Land Company, who bought a piece of William Marsh Rice’s ranch back in 1908. He developed the land into Westmoreland Farms and established Bellaire at the heart of the Farms to serve as the local trading center and residential neighborhood.
Years later, during the post-WWI housing boom, the young and independent city experienced a population explosion. Another boom, this time in teardowns, caused the rebuilding of most of Bellaire’s 3-bedroom bungalows into gorgeous two-story single-family homes.
Bellaire is often compared to West University, as both are considered bedroom communities to Houston. Bellaire’s average 7,000 square foot parcels are, however, bigger than West University’s 5,000 square foot average.
Bellaire townhomes and single-family homes are competitively priced as well. Properties in the area vary in sizes and styles, and prices are determined based on a number of factors like location.
Bellaire Schools Information
Bellaire is home to some of the best schools in the area. It is under zip code 77401 in Harris County, zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
- Condit Elementary School at 7000 South 3rd Street. Condit Elementary School serves PK to 5 students. It has a student population of 648 and its students have above average TAKS scores. It has a TEA Exemplary rating and a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out of 10.
- Horn Elementary School at 4530 Holly Street. Horn Elementary School, like Condit, serves PK to 5 students. It is a magnet school with a TEA Exemplary rating. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Mandarin Chinese Language Immersion Magnet School at 6300 Avenue B.Affectionately called MCLIMS, it is a relatively new magnet primary school located in the former Gordon Elementary School. It caters to PK-5 students and has a diverse student body.
- Ripley House Charter School at 4410 Navigation Boulevard. Ripley House is a co-educational charter school that has a student population of 1,530. It serves grades PK to 5 students.
- Pin Oak Middle School at 4601 Glenmont Drive. Pin Oak is a National Blue Ribbon School that serves students in grades 6 to 8. It as an Exemplary TEA rating and has a similarly excellent rating at GreatSchools.org, 10/10.
- Ripley House Middle Campus at 4410 Navigation Boulevard. This is Ripley House Charter School’s middle school campus. It serves grades grades 6 to 8 students.
- Bellaire High School at 5100 Maple Street. Bellaire High School is one of the best secondary schools in the area, offering great academics and athletics programs. It has produced a lot of professional athletes and other accomplished alumni with notable achievements in various fields.
Bellaire is also home to excellent private schools. Listed below are some of them:
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet Street. It is a co-educational private day school with a curriculum based on four pillars, Academics, Religion, Fine Arts, and Athletics.
- The Post Oak School at 4600 Bissonnet Street. The Post Oak is a Montessori school with campuses in both Bellaire and the Museum District in Houston. It has received accreditation from both the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) and the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS).
- Veritas Christian Academy at 7000 Ferris Street. It is a private school that offers an accelerated Classical Program. It also has excellent arts, academics, and athletics programs.
To find an updated listing of all Bellaire real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Bellaire TX Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Bellaire, Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.