Guide To ALL Braes Heights Homes For Sale
One of Houston’s first master-planned neighborhoods, Braes Heights is a 9-square mile community located just outside the Inner Loop.
Braes Heights has one of the fastest real estate appreciation rates in the Inner Loop.
Braes Heights homes for sale are a popular option due to the neighborhood’s:
- Great location: Braes Heights enjoys a central location in southwest Houston and has easy access to key centers like Downtown, the Galleria, and the Medical Center.
- Convenient access: With two major Houston freeways within minutes of the neighborhood, Braes Heights residents have a fairly easy commute to job centers, cultural hubs, and entertainment hotspots.
- Highly rated schools: Braes Heights homes are zoned to some of the Houston ISD’s best schools, including Bellaire High School and Johnston Middle School. The neighborhood is also home to three excellent elementary schools, namely Herod, Lovett, and Kolter.
- Strong sense of community: Family-friendly Braes Heights has a very active homeowners’ association (MCIA) that maintains the neighborhood’s infrastructure and security.
- Affordable, quality homes: Deed-restricted and subdivided into different sections, Braes Heights offers comparably more affordable homes that its neighbors, Bellaire and West University.
Braes Heights Houston Resources:
- Braes Heights Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive Braes Heights Homes
- Braes Heights Homes Under $1M
- Braes Heights Homes Under $500K
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Braes Heights homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Texas. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Braes Heights Houston homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-425-4194 or email [email protected]
Braes Heights Houston Real Estate and Neighborhood Guide
Like neighboring Bellaire, Braes Heights exudes a family-friendly, small-town vibe. Old trees, traditional homes, and wide streets accentuate the neighborhood’s character and add to its overall appeal.
Braes Heights is located just west of Loop 610, with Bellaire to the north, Linkwood/Woodside to the east, and Braes Oaks and Sharpstown to the west. West University is further east of the community, just across the freeway. The Braes Bayou runs through the middle of the neighborhood.
Braes Heights’s location adjacent to Loop 610 gives it excellent access to key Houston business, cultural, and entertainment centers, including Downtown, the Texas Medical Center, the Museum District, and the Galleria.
Built on former rice fields, Braes Heights owes much – and not just its name – to the Meyer family. Three generations of the family were key players to the neighborhood’s development and eventual growth.
The Braes Heights Community Improvement Association (MCIA) is another key factor that contributed to helping the neighborhood flourish. The association hires additional security patrols and organizes community events, among other things.
The neighborhood was developed in sections and each section has its own set of deed restrictions.
Braes Heights features old homes from the 50s and 60s, as well as newer construction single-family homes. The neighborhood is often compared to Bellaire because both are zoned to the same schools, though price-wise, Braes Heights real estate tend to be more afforable.
Architectural styles vary, though Traditional is more prevalent than others. Mid-Century Modern, a style developed from 1933 to 1965, is also quite popular in Braes Heights homes for sale. A number of older homes have been updated – though owners tend to stay true to the style.
Neighborhoods near Braes Heights includes the Galleria, Bellaire, Gulfton, Braes Oaks, Sharpstown, West University, River Oaks, and Linkswood.
Braes Heights Houston is under the 77096 Harris County zip code.
Fun Things To Do In And Around Braes Heights
Braes Heights’s proximity to Loop 610 gives it excellent access to Houston’s cultural, entertainment and retail centers like the Museum District, Downtown Houston, and the Galleria.
The Braes Heights Plaza Shopping Center is nestled within the community. Since opening its doors back in 1957, it has offered a slew of dining and retail options. Its anchor stores include J. C. Penney, Target, Marshalls, Old Navy, and Best Buy, among others.
There are plenty of kid-friendly parks near and within Braes Heights that offer facilities for indoor and outdoor sports, and other recreational activities. Apart from the Braes Heights Neighborhood Park located in 5151 Jason, Godwin Park is also a popular choice amongst residents. Within the park’s oak-shaded area is the Godwin Community Center, equipped with an outdoor pavilion, baseball and soccer fields, playgrounds, and a covered basketball court.
Godwin Park also serves as the venue for Braes Heights’s Annual Afternoon in the Park Festival where residents can enjoy a day of family fun and good food with friends and neighbors.
Running through the center of the neighborhood, Brays Bayou is another popular spot. It offers trails for joggers, walkers, and bikers.
The Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center of Houston, fondly called the J by locals, offers Braes Heights residents of all ages with a wide array of activities ranging from gymnastics, kids’ day camps, tennis, fitness, and arts and culture activities, among others. An annual Jewish Book and Arts Fair, an event that features films, concerts, a family day, and Q&A sessions with prominent and rising authors, is also held at the J.
The Meyer Neighborhood Library is operated by the Houston Public Library and serves the Braes Heights Community.
Other places of interest in and around Braes Heights include:
- Mark’s American Cuisine
- Café Rabelais
- Fadi’s Mediterranean Grill
- Russo’s New York Pizzeria
- Fainmous BBQ
- Local Foods
- Mambo Seafood
- 168 Beijing Restaurant
- Egg & I
- JJ Gardens
- Houston’s Restaurant
- Chama Gaúcha Brazilian Steakhouse
- Escalante’s Mexican Grille
- Pappas Bros Steakhouse
- The Capital Grille
- Hunter’s Pub
- Cozy Corner
- Red River Ice House
- Kaif Hookah Lounge
- Emmit’s Place
- Azul Lounge
- Golden Grain
- Braes Heights Neighborhood Park
- Godwin Park
- Russ Pitman Park
- Helen’s Park
- Braeswood Square
- Braes Heights Plaza
Braes Heights Schools Information
Zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD), Braes Heights has long had the reputation of having some of the best schools in Houston.
- Lovett Elementary School at 8814 South Rice Ave. Lovett Elementary School serves PK to 5 students. The school features a Fine Arts Magnet Program where students receive specialized instruction in strings, band, choral music, handbells, and art, among others. Lovett is located within Braes Heights and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out 10.
- Kolter Elementary School at 9710 Runnymeade Dr. Kolter Elementary School serves PK to 5 students and is known for its foreign language and cultures program. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out of 10.
- Herod Elementary School at 5627 Jason. Herod Elementary School is a PK to 5 school that features a Vanguard magnet program. The school also offers a Dual Language Program and an after-school enrichment program.
- Johnston Middle School at 10410 Manhattan Dr. Johnston Middle School serves students in grades 6 to 8. Rated Recognized by the TEA, the school has a Magnet program and a strong Athletics program.
- Pershing Middle School at 3838 Bluebonnet. Pershing Middle School offers a wide range of academic programs such as a Vanguard and Fine Arts Magnet program, pre-AP, gifted and talented, and high school credits to name a few.
- Pin Oak Middle School at 4601 Glenmont Dr. Located in Bellaire, Pin Oak Middle School was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 2008. It offers a Foreign Languages magnet program (Spanish, German, French, Italian, Chinese, and Hebrew) and has an Exemplary TEA rating. Its GreatSchools.org rating is 10 out of 10.
- Fondren Middle School at 6333 South Braeswood Blvd. Fondren Middle School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School and features an IB Design and Technology curriculum. The school received a Gold Performance Acknowledgement Commended on Social Studies.
- Bellaire High School at 5100 Maple St. Bellaire High School is known for its great academics and athletics programs. It is one of the best secondary schools in the area and has produced professional athletes and other accomplished graduates with notable achievements in various fields.
A number of private schools are located in and around Braes Heights. Listed below are some of them:
- St. Thomas’ Episcopal School at 4900 Jackwood St. The school is the reigning champion and recipient of the 2014 Henderson Cup after garnering the highest points in 24 Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) championships.
- Beth Yeshurun Day School at 4525 Beechnut St.
- Robert M. Beren Academy at 11333 Cliffwood Dr.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
- Corpus Christi Catholic School at 4005 Cheena Dr.
- Westbury Christian School at 10420 Hillcroft St.
- Emery/Weiner School at 9825 Stella Link Rd.
To find an updated listing of all Braes Heights real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Braes Heights Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Braes Heights, Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Braes Heights, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Braes Heights Houston I know”. See more client testimonials.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194.