Find Braes Heights Homes For Sale Under $500k
Braes Heights, one of the seven communities in Braeswood Place, features one of the fastest growing real estate markets in the Inner Loop.
Mostly residential and deed-restricted, Braes Heights homes for sale are centrally located near schools, parks, work places, activity centers, stores, entertainment hubs and major thoroughfares.
Located near the southwest corner of the Inner Loop, Braes Heights is easily accessible to key Houston areas like Downtown, Galleria, and Museum District are minutes away from the neighborhood. The Medical Center, a major Houston employment hub, is a stone’s throw away.
Another key factor that makes Braes Heights homes a great option is its excellent schools. The neighborhood is zoned to some of the best schools the HISD has to offer, including Bellaire High School and Pershing Middle School.
Braes Heights features raised single-family homes on sprawling lots. Older ranch-style homes from the 1950s are interspersed with newer construction two-story homes in various styles.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Braes Heights home.
Braes Heights Houston Resources:
- Braes Heights Neighborhood Guide
- All Braes Heights Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Braes Heights Homes
- Braes Heights Homes Under $1M
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Braes Heights homes for sale under $500,000 call Paige Martin at 713-425-4194 or email [email protected]
Braes Heights Houston Neighborhood Guide
Located in southwest Houston, Braes Heights is a charming little community of mostly single-family homes. It has Brays Bayou to the south, the city of Bellaire to the west, West University and Southside Place to the north, and Medical Center to the east.
Braes Heights, Ayrshire, Southern Oaks, Braes Oaks, Braes Manor, Braes Terrace, and Emerald Forest make up Braeswood Place, with each community having its own set of deed restrictions. Braes Heights is subdivided to 13 sections and is one of the older Houston neighborhoods.
Development in the area started in the late 1940s and was finished by the early 1950s. During its early years, Braes Heights mostly consisted of ranch-style single-family homes. These vintage homes from the 50s are still available, with most of them either expanded or updated.
Though the neighborhood’s transition from old to new started out quite slow, some Braes Heights homes for sale are more recently constructed. New homes in the area are typically two-story dwellings in various architectural styles.
Home prices in the area depend on a number of factors, including condition and age of the home, location, and size.
Known for its sprawling lawns and large living spaces, Braes Heights homes are often compared to similar properties in West University and Bellaire. Braes Heights typically feature much larger lots, ranging from 7,000 to 15,000 square feet.
Braes Heights Houston is located within the 77025 Harris County zip code.
Braes Heights Schools Information
Braes Heights is zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
- Mark Twain Elementary School at 7500 Braes Blvd. Mark Twain Elementary has been serving the southwest Houston area since 1950. Since then, it has become an IB World School featuring programs like the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme, the PYP and the Literary Development Magnet program. Twain is also an International Spanish Academy with a Dual Language program.
- Pershing Middle School at 3838 Blue Bonnet Blvd. John J Pershing Middle School offers several academic programs, including neighborhood, gifted and talented, high school credits, and pre-AP. It also features a Fine Arts magnet program and several enrichment classes in varying “unorthrodox” areas.
- Pin Oak Middle School at 4601 Glenmont. One of the best middle schools in the HISD, Pin Oak is a multi-award winning, “application only” school (National Blue Ribbon School and TEA Exemplary School). Students within the Pershing area can apply to the regular program. Students may also apply for the school’s Foreign Languages magnet program, which offers Chinese, French, Spanish, Italian, and German.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Home to the Lamar Texans (formerly theRedskins), it is considered to have one of the best Athletics programs in the HISD. Lamar is not all about athletics though, as it offers a great academics program too. It offers a business magnet, neighborhood, and Advanced Placement programs. The school is also an IB World School, with one of the largest International Baccalaureate Diploma programs in North America.
- Bellaire High School at 5100 Maple St. Bellaire has long held the reputation of being one of the HISD’s finest schools. It is a Foreign Languages magnet school, and offers several languages, including Spanish, Hebrew, Latin, Italian, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese, among others. An IB World School since the late 70s, Bellaire also offers an Advanced Placement program and an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
Braes Heights also features several private schools. Here are some of them:
- St. Vincent de Paul School at 6800 Buffalo Speedway.
- St. Mark’s Episcopal School at 3816 Bellaire Blvd.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
To find an updated listing of all Braes Heights real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Braes Heights Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Braes Heights Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Braes Heights.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194.