Ayrshire Houston Neighborhood Guide
Ayrshire is a quaint neighborhood popular for its cul-de-sac streets, close-knit community, and great schools. It is one of the seven communities that make up Braeswood Place, one of the hottest Inner Loop neighborhoods.
Ayrshire homes are located at the northern portion of Braeswood Place, bordered by Gramercy Street to its north, Braeswood Boulevard to its south, and Kirby Drive to its east. The community is easily accessible from key Houston areas including Texas Medical Center, West University, and Museum District.
Similar to other Braeswood Place communities, Ayrshire’s features include:
- An active civic community under the Braeswood Place Homeowners Association, a blanket HOA covering all the communities in Braeswood Place. It handles the upkeep of neighborhood infrastructure, security, and the neighborhood’s deed restrictions.
- Charming mix of homes, mostly 1950s ranch-styles as well as custom-built new construction. Compared to similar properties in Bellaire and West University, homes in Ayrshire have bigger yards and more affordable rates.
Thanks to its great location, residents are mere minutes away from retail and entertainment areas, as well as Houston’s main job centers. Schools are also one of Ayrshire’s main draws, as homes in the area are zoned to award-winning schools of Houston ISD.
For any inquiries about Ayrshire homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Ayrshire Resources (Popular Topics)
- 12 Things Ayrshire Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Fun things to do in Ayrshire
- Neighborhoods near Ayrshire
- Ayrshire Schools
- Paige Martin – Top Ranked Ayrshire Realtor
Call Paige at 713-425-4194 to tour a Ayrshire Houston home today or email [email protected] for more information.
Ayrshire is part of Houston’s most popular neighborhoods, thanks to its great location, excellent schools, high accessibility, and small town vibe.
- Ayrshire is centrally located within the Inner Loop and a few miles southwest of Downtown Houston.
- Key Houston areas are easily accessible from Ayrshire including Texas Medical Center, West University, and Museum District.
- Ayrshire is one of the seven subdivisions that comprise Braeswood Place, the others being Braes Heights, Braes Oaks, Braes Manor, Braes Terrace, Emerald Forest, and Southern Oaks.
- Ayrshire is under the Braeswood Place Homeowners Association, a blanket HOA covering all the communities in Braeswood Place. It handles the upkeep of neighborhood infrastructure, security, and the neighborhood’s deed restrictions.
- Ayrshire features mostly 1950s ranch-style homes to new construction custom-built homes.
- Ayrshire is zoned to some of Houston ISD’s best schools including Twain Elementary and Bellaire High School.
- Like most neighborhoods in the area, the vintage 1950s ranch-style homes in the neighborhood have been updated or torn down to make way for new construction.
- Compared to similar properties in Bellaire and West University, homes in Ayrshire typically have bigger yards and more affordable rates.
- Ayrshire lot sizes range from 8,000 up to 12,000 square feet. Larger properties can have as much as 26,000 square feet.
- Homes on the area typically follow the traditional and ranch-style architectural design, while other properties are done in French and Mediterranean styles.
- Ayrshire homes often sit on large cul-de-sac streets lined with mature trees.
- Prices for Ayrshire homes for sale can start at around $485,000 up to $1.6 million.
Ayrshire is in close proximity to several parks, recreational facilities, as well as shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
Karl Young Park, located in 7800 Stella Link Road, features several basketball courts, a baseball field, a tennis court, playgrounds, and a picnic pavilion. At around 5 acres, the park also features a trail system.
The Weekley Family YMCA, on the other hand, features facilities for several indoor and outdoor sports, including a gymnasium, an outdoor field, and an outdoor pool. Office spaces are also housed within the YMCA.
Rice Village and the Galleria, offering some of the best shopping and dining options in the Inner Loop, are just minutes from Ayrshire.
Here are other places to visit in and around Ayrshire:
- Fajita Pete’s
- Antone’s Import Co Original
- La Fresca Pizza
- Super La Mexicana
- Captain Benny’s Half Shell Oyster
- Garden Kitchen
- Weekley Family YMCA
- Sheltering Arms Senior Services
- McGovern-Stella Link Library
- Karl Young Park
- Helen Park
- Braeswood Park
- McGovern Park
- Rice Village
- The Galleria
- Meyerland Plaza
- Braes Heights Shopping Center
- The Fresh Market
- Brompton Market
- La Michoacana
- Whole Foods Market
Neighborhoods near Ayrshire include:
Ayrshire homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD). Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- Mark Twain Elementary School at 7500 Braes Blvd. Twain Elementary has been serving the Braeswood Place area since 1950. It is an International Baccalaureate World School and offers a PYP (IB Primary Years Programme) and a Literary Development Magnet program. Twain is also an International Spanish Academy that offers a Dual Language program.
- Pershing Middle School at 3838 Blue Bonnet Blvd. Pershing is a Neighborhood Vanguard and a Fine Arts Magnet school noted for its great academic programs. The school offers four levels of academics: Grade Level, Pre-AP, Vanguard/GT, and Accelerated Vanguard/GT. It also offers several enrichment classes, including a ropes course, concepts in engineering, robotics, and music production, among others.
- Bellaire High School at 5100 Maple St. Bellaire High is an IB World School that offers advanced placement and IB Diploma programs. It is a magnet school for foreign languages, and offers classes in Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hebrew, Italian, Latin, Chinese, and French, among others.
Ayrshire Private Schools
The following are some of the notable private schools near Ayrshire:
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St. It is a co-educational private day school with a curriculum based on four pillars, Academics, Religion, Fine Arts, and Athletics.
- Mark’s Episcopal School at 3816 Bellaire Blvd. St. Mark’s Episcopal School is accredited by the Southwest Association of Episcopal Schools. The school runs a number of Design Thinking and Enrichment Programs.
- St. Vincent De Paul School at 6800 Buffalo Spdwy. St. Vincent De Paul is a parochial co-educational school that focuses on religious foundation, strong academic curriculum, and extracurricular programs.
To find an updated listing of all Ayrshire real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Houston and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Ayrshire, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Ayrshire Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194.