Briar Hollow Houston Guide | Briar Hollow Homes For Sale
Briar Hollow is a mix of gated communities, highrise condominiums, and world-class retail centers.
- LUXURY HIGHRISES: The Wilshire and the Arabella, two new upscale highrise developments, are located within Briar Hollow. These luxury condos offer lavish amenities including 24-hour concierge and valet services, private elevators, private garages, fitness centers, and even areas for pets.
- UPSCALE GATED COMMUNITIES: Audubon Hollow, Eaton Square, and River Hollow are among the best gated communities in Houston. Apart from 24/7 security, these communities also offer central community park areas, beautiful patio homes and townhomes, and other luxury amenities.
- PROXIMITY TO THE GALLERIA: The Galleria/Uptown District is one of Houston’s most vibrant retail and business districts. With over 23 million square feet of office space, it is home to around 2,000+ companies with 55,000+ employees. The Galleria area also features around 5,000,000 square feet of retail/leasable space.
- RIVER OAKS DISTRICT AND HIGHLAND VILLAGE: Briar Hollow residents are minutes away from the city’s most exciting retail centers, including the Galleria, Uptown Park, and Post Oak Plaza. River Oaks District and Highland Village are blocks away from the neighborhood, offering a mix of upscale boutiques, high-end dining, and other retail options.
- MEMORIAL PARK: Located just south of Memorial Park and the Buffalo Bayou, residents have easy access to miles of hike and bike trails, the Memorial Park Golf Course, and the Seymour Lieberman Exertrail. Facilities for croquet, volleyball, skating, swimming, and tennis are also available within the park, along with playgrounds and picnic spots.
- IB WORLD SCHOOLS: Briar Hollow homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District. Three IB World Schools serve the area, namely the School at St. George Place, Lanier Middle School, and Lamar High School. (See Best Houston Neighborhoods With Top Houston Schools)
Briar Hollow real estate can be tough to navigate due to the diversity of home types in the area (which can make pricing difficult), proximity to train tracks (which can affect property values), and proximity to freeways and main roads (you want to be near one, but not too near).
POPULAR Briar Hollow TX RESOURCES
- The Wilshire and the Arabella, two new upscale highrise developments, are located within Briar Hollow. These luxury condos offer lavish amenities including 24-hour concierge and valet services, private elevators, private garages, fitness centers, and even areas for pets.
- Audubon Hollow, Eaton Square, and River Hollow are among the best gated communities in Houston. Apart from 24/7 security, these communities also offer central community park areas, beautiful patio homes and townhomes, and other luxury amenities.
- The Galleria/Uptown District is one of Houston’s most vibrant retail and business districts. With over 23 million square feet of office space, it is home to around 2,000+ companies with 55,000+ employees.
- Briar Hollow residents are minutes away from the city’s most exciting retail centers, including the Galleria, Uptown Park, and Post Oak Plaza. River Oaks District and Highland Village are blocks away from the neighborhood, offering a mix of upscale boutiques, highend dining, and other retail options.
- Located just south of Memorial Park and the Buffalo Bayou, residents have easy access to miles of hike and bike trails, the Memorial Park Golf Course, and the Seymour Lieberman Exertrail. Facilities for croquet, volleyball, skating, swimming, and tennis are also available within the park, along with playgrounds and picnic spots.
- Briar Hollow homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District. Three IB World Schools serve the area, namely the School at St. George Place, Lanier Middle School, and Lamar High School.
- The neighborhood is made up of several luxury communities, mid-rise condos, and luxury highrises.
- Briar Hollow sits east of Loop 610 and north of Westheimer Road. Main roads and freeways are easily accessible from the neighborhood. Downtown Houston is around 6 miles away.
- Briar Hollow homes offer 2- to 5-bedroom floor plans. Home sizes range from 1,200 to more than 5,000 square feet.
- Briar Hollow homes typically sit on smaller lots, from around 2,500 to 10,000 square feet.
- Some of the neighborhood’s older homes date back to the mid-1970s.
- Prices for Briar Hollow homes for sale range from $300,000 to more than $1,300,000. Luxury townhomes and condos can sell for more than $5,000,000.
Briar Hollow is nestled between the Galleria/Uptown District and River Oaks.
The neighborhood is roughly bordered by the Buffalo Bayou to the north, Loop 610 to the west, Westheimer Road to the south, and rail road tracks to the east.
Centrally located and highly accessible, the mixed-use neighborhood is a mix of upscale gated communities and luxury mid- and high-rise condominiums. Some retail and business centers also call Briar Hollow home.
The River Oaks District, an outdoor shopping center, is located just minutes away from Briar Hollow homes. It features around 250,000 square feet of retail space, with the upscale boutiques, cafes, and restaurants.
Other retail centers nearby include the Galleria, Uptown Park, and Highland Village.
Business centers within the Galleria area and the Greenway Plaza are also easily accessible from Briar Hollow homes. Downtown Houston is around 6 miles east of the neighborhood.
Briar Hollow real estate have a 77027 zip code. (View Houston zip code map.)
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
Briar Hollow homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
Established in the 1920s, Houston ISD is the largest school district in the state (with 283 schools). The Texas Education Agency (TEA) gave the district a “Met Standard” rating in 2016. HISD features several International Baccalaureate (IB) World schools, including Lamar High School, Lanier Middle School, and St. George Place Elementary School.
Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- St. George Place Elementary School at 5430 Hidalgo St. Also known as St. George Place Elementary School, it is an IB World School (Primary Years Programme) and a Vanguard neighborhood school for Gifted and Talented students.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. Established in the 1920s, Lanier Middle School serves the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP), a non-magnet neighborhood program, and a Vanguard magnet program for gifted and talented students. In 2011, the school received the Texas Gold Performance Award.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Home of the Lamar Texans and one of the oldest lacrosse programs in the state, Lamar High School is an International Baccalaureate World School serving the Diploma Programme. It boasts the most number of graduates with IB diplomas in Texas and features other academic programs like a Business Administration magnet program and Advanced Placement programs.
Briar Hollow Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Briar Hollow.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln.
- Afton Oaks School at 4739 Ingersoll St.
- Presbyterian School at 5300 Main St.
- St. Anne Catholic School at 2120 Westheimer Rd.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
To find an updated listing of all Briar Hollow real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Briar Hollow real estate has continued to appreciate over the past decade, despite slight fluctuations. The median sales price of homes in the area are at over $500,000.
Several factors contribute to the neighborhood’s strong property values, including its proximity to the Galleria, Memorial Park, and River Oaks, its high accessibility, and its luxury communities.
Due to the number of smaller communities within the neighborhood, Briar Hollow real estate trends can be tough to accurately track. For more information about specific communities and condos within Briar Hollow, please email me.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Briar Hollow real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Briar Hollow is known for its luxury communities and offers single-family homes alongside attached homes. Older homes in the neighborhood date back to the mid-1970s, though most have been updated.
Briar Hollow homes can offer 2- to 5-bedroom floor plans, spread over 1,200 to upwards of 5,000 square feet. Lot sizes vary, though most homes in the area offer smaller lots (patio homes and townhomes).
Architectural styles are primarily contemporary/modern.
The most expensive Briar Hollow real estate are typically within the neighborhood’s exclusive luxury communities, including Briar Hollow Estates and Audubon Estates, among others.
Briar Hollow homes for sale can start at around $300,000 to upwards of $1,300,000.
Luxury townhomes within gated communities are common in Briar Hollow. Raintree Place, the 24-hour guard-gated community, is located within the neighborhood.
Gated communities in the area feature different amenities, including central park areas, landscaped grounds, and manned gates/secure access.
Briar Hollow townhomes typically offer 3- to 4-bedroom, 3-story floor plans. Sizes range from 2,000 to over 3,000 square feet of living space, with 2,500 to 4,000 square feet lot areas.
Prices for Briar Hollow townhomes for sale range from $200,000 to over $1,000,000.
- Audubon Hollow
- Bancroft Square
- Raintree Place
- The Park at Briar Hollow
There are a number of midrise and luxury highrise Briar Hollow condos. Unit sizes, floor plans, and building amenities vary.
- The Arabella – This luxury highrise is one of Randall Davis’ newest condo developments and is set to open its doors in 2017. It features 34 stories, with 109 condo units. Prices range from $700,000 to more than $1,200,000. Penthouse units at the Arabella tend to sell for upwards of $5,000,000.
- The Wilshire – Located within the River Oaks District, The Wilshire is a 17-story luxury condominium. Also set to open in 2017, the highrise features 96 units and great amenities. Prices of Wilshire condos for sale can start at $800,000 and can get up to more than $2,500,000.
- Chateau Briar Hollow – Built in 2004, Chateau Briar Hollow features 24 units tucked within a wooded nook near the Buffalo Bayou.
- Highland Tower – A 15-story residential building within Briar Hollow, Highland Tower features 99 condo units. Prices for units in the building typically go from $400,000 to around $2,000,000.
- 58 Briar Hollow Lane
- Park Square One Condominiums
Here are more condos in nearby River Oaks and Galleria area.
- River Oak Gardens
- Piedmont at River Oaks
- The Royalton at River Oaks
- Bayou Bend Towers
- Inwood Manor
- Regency House
- Renoir Lofts
- The Willowick
- The River Oaks
The area where Briar Hollow now sits used to be farmland. Unlike surrounding neighborhoods like Afton Oaks, Oak Estates, and Highland Village, Briar Hollow’s development came in bursts during the 1970s, specifically small upscale gated communities and condominiums.
Raintree Place, Riverhollow (also River Hollow), and Park Square Condominiums were all built during this period between the 1970s and 1980s.
The other communities in Briar Hollow came later, including Eaton Square and Audubon Hollow, two of the best gated communities in Houston.
Today, Briar Hollow remains a popular option due to its central location, proximity to the Galleria, and high accessibility.
Briar Hollow residents have easy access to some of Houston’s outdoor entertainment and retail centers. Both Memorial Park and the Galleria area are within minutes away.
Previously an army boot camp, Memorial Park is one of Houston’s largest urban parks, spanning a 1,400-acre area. The sprawling park is home to several popular spots, including the Memorial Park Golf Course, the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center, and the Seymour Lieberman Exertrail. Facilities for tennis, swimming, croquet, and other sports as well as miles of multi-use trails, picnic areas, and playgrounds are also available within the park.
The Galleria/Uptown area, on the other hand, is home to around 5,000,000 square feet of retail and commercial space. The Galleria is one of the largest retail centers in the country, with over 2 million+ square feet of leasable space. Anchors include Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
The River Oaks District and Highland Village, two upscale shopping and entertainment hubs, are blocks away from Briar Hollow homes.
Here are some of Briar Hollow Houston must-visit places:
- rise nº2
- Hopdaddy Burger Bar
- Liberty Kitchen & Oysterette
- North Italia
- True Food Kitchen
- Sozo Sushi & Lounge
- Shake Shack
- Steak 48
- Eloise Nichols Grill & Liquors
- Uptown Park
- Post Oak Plaza
- River Oaks District
- Highland Village
- The Galleria
- River Oaks Shopping Center
- Sage Plaza Shopping Center
- Story Ultralounge
- Le Colonial
- The Tasting Room
- Bar 12
- The Cellar Bar
- The Remington Bar
- The Railyard
- The West End
- Seasons 52
- Central Market
- Whole Foods Market
- Westcreek Market and Deli
- Trader Joe’s
Golf and Outdoor Entertainment
- River Oaks Country Club
- Memorial Park
- Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
- Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail
- Memorial Park Tennis Center
- Memorial Park Golf Course
- Picnic Loop
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.