Camp Logan Houston Townhomes Guide
Camp Logan is a close-knit community of more than 400 households located near Memorial Drive and I-10. Cradled by Memorial Park to the west and along Katy Freeway (I-10), Camp Logan enjoys easy access to Houston’s outdoor, recreational, commercial, and entertainment hubs.
The Galleria, River Oaks Shopping Center, and Highland Village are within minutes from the neighborhood, along with several restaurants and other establishments.
Camp Logan townhomes are also near great schools from the Houston Independent School District, including Memorial Elementary School, Hogg Middle School, and Lamar High School. St. Theresa School, a part of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, is only a few blocks away from Camp Logan.
Camp Logan townhomes for sale mix the convenience of city living with the perks of living close to nature.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for help buying or selling a Camp Logan townhome.
Camp Logan Houston Resources:
- Camp Logan Neighborhood Guide
- All Camp Logan Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Camp Logan Homes For Sale
- Camp Logan Houston Maps
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Camp Logan Houston Homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected].
Camp Logan Houston Neighborhood Guide
The Camp Logan neighborhood is located near Katy Freeway (I-10), Memorial Park, Westcott Street, and Memorial Drive and sits just north of Memorial Elementary School. Its convenient location provides its residents easy commute to and from work, shopping centers, and commercial establishments.
Memorial Park, one of the largest urban parks in the United States, offers an abundance of various outdoor activities readily available to Camp Logan residents. Popular spots include the Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail, the Houston Arboretum and Nature Park, the Memorial Park Golf Course, and the Memorial Park Picnic Loop. The park also has facilities for swimming, tennis, volleyball, softball, and croquet.
Apart from ready access to outdoor activities, Camp Logan townhomes are also treated to the best dining, shopping, and entertainment that Houston has to offer. The Galleria, River Oaks, Uptown Park, and Highland Village are easily accessible from the neighborhood.
Camp Logan and its neighbor, Memorial Park, used to be a boot camp for the US Army back in World War I. The training camp was later decommissioned and the sprawling acreage – and adjoining land from the family of William Marsh Rice – was purchased by brothers Will and Mike Hogg. Initially, they planned to develop home sites on the property, but ultimately decided to move their project somewhere else. The land was sold to the city of Houston at cost, and the area where the camp once stood was turned into Memorial Park, in memory of the soldiers who had died in WWI.
Today, Camp Logan is an eclectic mix of beautifully maintained ranch-style houses and newly constructed multi-level single family homes and townhomes.
Townhomes are the community’s main housing attraction, following a trend in constructing two to four storey single-family homes. Camp Logan townhomes for sale typically have an average square footage of 2,625 – a little smaller compared to other, more affluent Inner Loop subdivisions.
Despite this, Camp Logan homes remain in high demand because of their excellent location, luxurious living spaces, wide variety of architecture offered, and close proximity to Memorial Park.
Camp Logan Schools Information
Camp Logan neighborhood is under the Harris County and zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD). The following are the schools under the zone 77007.
- Houston Heights Learning Academy at 902 W 8th St. A charter school that has 115 students in grades PK-5 and has a 10 out of 10 test rating by Education.com. Its TEA ranking is Exemplary.
- Crockett Elementary School at 2112 Crockett St. It is a charter school with an Exemplary TEA Ranking that serves 402 students in grades PK-5. It has a 9 out of 10 test rating by Education.com.
- Harvard Elementary School at 810 Harvard St. It is a magnet school that has 689 students in grades PK-5 and has a Recognized TEA Ranking. It has a 7 out of 10 test rating from Education.com. It has an 18:1 student ratio.
- Memorial Elementary School at 6401 Arnot St. It is a coeducational public school that serves PK-6 students. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 6 out of 10.
- Depelchin-Elkins Campus at Memorial Drive. It is one of the 16 schools included in the University of Texas’ University Charter School District that serves 36 students in grades 6-12.
- Hogg Middle School at 1100 Merrill St. Hogg Middle School is a public co-ed school that serves 722 students in grades 6 to 8.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer. Lamar High School serves 3225 students in grades 9 to 12 and has a great Athletics program. Apart from having one of the oldest lacrosse programs in the state of Texas, the school’s football team, the Lamar Redskins, is also considered as one of the best in the Greater Houston area. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 7 out of 10.
Camp Logan townhomes are also located near some great private schools. St. Theresa Catholic school is within a stone’s throw of the neighborhood, while others are 15 to 20 minutes away.
- St. Theresa Catholic School at 6623 Rodrigo St. It is a private school that employs co-education. It is a part of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and is a member of the National Catholic Educational Association.
- St. Thomas High School at 4500 Memorial Dr. It is an all-boys Catholic school that serves grades 9 to 12 students. Like St. Theresa, it is also affiliated with the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and the NCEA.
- River Oaks Baptist School at 2300 Willowick Rd. River Oaks Baptist School is a coed, nonsectarian school for PK-8 students. It is affiliated with NAIS, and has a GreatSchool.org community rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
To find an updated listing of all Camp Logan real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Camp Logan Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Camp Logan Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.