Charnwood Houston Neighborhood Guide
Charnwood is a quiet neighborhood nestled within the Western Houston area. Charnwood features:
- CENTRAL LOCATION: Charnwood is near Houston locations including the Galleria, Memorial area, and the Inner Loop.
- EASY ACCESSIBILITY: The neighborhood has convenient access to Loop 610, San Felipe Street, Memorial Drive, and Westheimer Road.
- LUSH SURROUNDINGS: Charnwood homes are laid out in expansive wooded lots, with numerous parks, country clubs, and the Buffalo Bayou lacing around the neighborhood.
- STRONG HOUSING MARKET: Thanks to the neighborhoods continued popularity, Charnwood real estate has remained strong in the last few years and has been included in the Top 25 most expensive neighborhoods in Houston.
Like most of Houston’s affluent neighborhoods, deed restrictions are implemented in Charnwood to maintain the community’s overall look and atmosphere. Homebuyers will benefit from the guidance of an experienced Charnwood realtor who knows the neighborhood, deed restrictions, and non-MLS inventory.
For any inquiries about Charnwood homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Charnwood Resources (Popular Topics)
- 12 Things Charnwood Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Fun things to do in Charnwood
- Neighborhoods near Charnwood
- Charnwood schools
- Paige Martin – Top Ranked Charnwood Realtor
Call Paige at 713-384-5177 to tour a Charnwood Houston home today or email [email protected] for more information.
Charnwood is an affluent neighborhood with a strong real estate appreciation thanks to its beautiful homes, lush surroundings, central location, and small town vibe.
- Charnwood homes are bounded by Voss Road, Buffalo Bayou, Inwood Drive, and Stoney Brook Drive.
- The neighborhood enjoys easy access to major roads including Loop 610, San Felipe Street, Memorial Drive, Woodway Drive, and Westheimer Road.
- Charnwood was established in the 1950s in a predominantly rural area with very few farm roads.
- Charnwood is zoned to the Houston ISD and a number of notable private schools are also located nearby.
- Charnwood homes are laid out in expansive wooded lots, with numerous parks, country clubs, and the Buffalo Bayou lacing around the neighborhood.
- The neighborhood features updated vintage homes mostly from the 1950s as well as recent-construction homes.
- Charnwood is a deed-restricted community to maintain its overall look and small town feel.
- The neighborhood has an active civic association that helps enforce the deed-restrictions.
- Charnwood shares the Briarbend Park with the neighboring Briarbend community. It is considered as one of Houston’s finest small parks, with easy access to trails along Buffalo Bayou.
- Charnwood lot sizes range from 13,000 up to more than 15,000 square feet.
- Homes are done in traditional and ranch-style designs.
- Prices for Charnwood homes for sale can start at around $700,000 up to $1.8 million.
Charnwood homes have convenient access to key Houston locations including upscale shops and restaurants in the Galleria, Memorial City Mall, and CityCentre.
Here are some of the places to visit in and around Charnwood:
- Double Apple Grill
- Muscle Maker Grill
- Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
- Hot Breads
- Thai Style
- The Galleria
- Memorial City Mall
- Town & Country Village
- Bunker Hill Shopping Center
- Hedwig Village Shopping Center
- Briarbend Park
- Memorial Park
- Tanglewood Park
- Houston Country Club
- Lakeside Country Club
- Royal Oaks Country Club
- River Oaks Country Club
Neighborhoods near Charnwood include:
- Piney Point Village
- Hunters Creek Village
- Memorial Park
- Galleria / Uptown
Charnwood homes are zoned to Houston Independent School District (HISD). Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- Briargrove Elementary School at 6145 San Felipe Street. Briargrove Elementary is an International Baccalaureate World School, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP). The school also features a gifted and talented program as well as a Critical Thinking Lab.
- Grady Middle School at 5215 San Felipe Street. Established in 1992, Grady is a Vanguard magnet school that offers Pre-AP programs for gifted and talented students. Its core enrichment classes cover several subjects, including Technology, Visual Arts, Fine Arts, Music, and Spanish.
- Lee High School at 6529 Beverly Hill Street. Lee opened its doors in 1962, as a relief school for Lamar and Bellaire. Today, it is a magnet school that offers several advanced placement courses.
Charnwood Private Schools
The following are some of the notable private schools near Charnwood.
- Michael Catholic School at 1833 Sage Road. St. Michael School is a co-educational Catholic school for elementary to middle school students. It is located in the Galleria area.
- Al-Hadi School of Accelerative Learning at 2313 S Voss Road. Al-Hadi School of Accelerative Learning is an Islamic school located in southwest Houston. The school accepts students from Pre-K to 12th grade.
- Strake Jesuit College Preparatory at 8900 Bellaire Boulevard. Strake Jesuit College Preparatory is the largest Catholic school in Houston for grades 9 to 12.
- Agnes Academy at 9000 Bellaire Boulevard. St. Agnes Academy is a Dominican school for female students in grades 9 to 12.
- John’s School at 2401 Claremont Lane. St. John’s School is one of “America’s Elite Prep Schools” according to Forbes.com and “the best private school in Houston” according to the New York Times. St. John’s admits students from K-12.
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Drive. The Kinkaid School is a non-sectarian school attended by students from PK to 12. It is also the oldest independent coeducational school in Greater Houston.
To find an updated listing of all Charnwood real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Houston and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Charnwood, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Charnwood Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.