Copperfield Houston TX Neighborhood Guide
Nestled in a largely suburban area in northwest Houston, Copperfield is a master-planned community made up of seven villages.
Copperfield real estate have remained popular for a number of reasons, including its great location, schools, and accessibility.
- GREAT LOCATION: Copperfield sits southeast of other master-planned communities like Bridgeland, Cypress Creek Lakes, Towne Lake, and Canyon Lakes at Stonegate. Cypress is a couple of miles northeast of the community.
- NEAR KEY HOUSTON DISTRICTS: Thanks to Copperfield’s great location along two major roads, US 290 and Highway 6, residents are minutes away from the Energy Corridor, the Memorial area, and other key Houston districts.
- EXCELLENT SCHOOLS: Copperfield homes are zoned to the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Award-winning schools like Lowery Elementary, Owens Elementary, Labay Middle School, Langham Creek High School, and Cypress Falls High School serve the community.
- ACTIVE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATIONS: Each village has its own homeowners association and deed restrictions. The individual civic groups are under the Copperfield Community Association.
- BEAUTIFUL HOMES: Though relatively older than neighboring master-planned communities, deed restrictions have kept Copperfield homes updated and carefully maintained.
For any inquiries about Copperfield homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Houston Copperfield Neighborhood Profile
- 12 Things Copperfield Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Copperfield maps and location
- Fun things to do in Copperfield
- Neighborhoods near Copperfield
- Copperfield History
- Copperfield Schools
Copperfield Real Estate Guide
Copperfield Houston Homes for Sale
Nestled in a largely suburban area in northwest Houston, Copperfield is a master-planned community made up of seven villages.
- Copperfield real estate have remained popular for a number of reasons, including its great location, schools, and accessibility.
- Copperfield sits southeast of other master-planned communities Cypress Creek Lakes, Towne Lake, and Canyon Lakes at Stonegate. Cypress is a couple of miles northeast of the community.
- Thanks to Copperfield’s great location along two major roads, US 290 and Texas Highway 6, residents are minutes away from the Energy Corridor, the Memorial Area, and other key Houston districts.
- Copperfield homes are zoned to the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Award-winning schools like Lowery Elementary, Owens Elementary, Labay Middle School, Langham Creek High School, and Cypress Falls High School serve the community.
- Each village has its own homeowners association and deed restrictions in place. The individual civic groups are under the Copperfield Community Association.
- Though relatively older than neighboring master-planned communities, Copperfield homes are updated and carefully maintained, thanks to deed restrictions.
- Copperfield’s villages include: Easton Commons Village, Copperfield Place Village, Middlegate Village, Northmead Village, Southdown Village, Southcreek Village, and Westcreek Village.
- Each village features parks, hike-and-bike trails, and pool areas. The master-planned community also has a central community center.
- Developed in the late 1970s, Copperfield covers a 2,000-acre area along Texas 6.
- Copperfield homes range from bungalows to two-story traditional dwellings. Home sizes range between 1,000 to 4,000 square feet.
- Homes in the area typically feature mid- to large-sized lots (by Houston standards). Sizes range from 5,000 to more than 15,000 square feet.
- Copperfield homes for sale can start at around $100,000. Bigger properties in the area can sell for more than $300,000.
Located some 20 miles northwest of downtown Houston, Copperfield is a master-planned community nestled within a lush area along Texas Highway 6.
It covers around 2,000 acres of land south of Pebble Lake Drive and north of FM 529. Major Houston freeways like US 290, Interstate 10, and Beltway 8 are all easily accessible from Copperfield homes.
Cypress is a few miles northwest of the community, along with other master-planned communities like Canyon Lakes at Stonegate, Bridgeland, Cypress Creek Lakes, and Towne Lake, among others. The Energy Corridor, one of Houston’s major employment centers, is located south of Copperfield.
Copperfield is made up of seven distinct communities called villages:
- Easton Commons Village – This village is east of Highway 6, north of Copperfield Place.
- Copperfield Place Village – Developed by Standard Pacific of Texas, this community sits just north of FM 529, east of Highway 6.
- Middlegate Village – Located west of the Highway 6, Middlegate sits north of Southdown Village. It is home to Labay Middle School.
- Northmead Village – Northmead is north of Southdown, east of Highway 6.
- Southdown Village – Southdown is west of Highway 6, a couple of blocks away from FM 529. Lowery Elementary School is located within the community.
- Southcreek Village – Southcreek sits west of Southdown Village, east of Queenston Boulevard.
- Westcreek Village – Westcreek sits west of Southcreek and Queenston Boulevard, east of Barker Cypress Road.
Thanks to the community’s central location, Copperfield homes have schools, parks, retail and recreational areas, restaurants, and bars nearby.
Copperfield Texas is under the 77095 Harris County zip code. (View Houston zip code map.)
Copperfield is mostly residential, though the villages do have areas for retail stores, restaurants, and other commercial establishments. Each village also has park, greenbelt, swimming, and recreational areas. Copperfield also features a 10-acre community center and community park just off Willow River Drive.
Copperfield homes aren’t too far away from retail, dining, and entertainment centers either, with several commercial establishments located along FM 529 and Highway 6. Copperwoood Village Shopping Center, for example, features Marshalls, Target, and Old Navy, among others.
Golf courses, like the Hearthstone Country Club and the Houston National Golf Club, are minutes away from Copperfield.
Thanks to the community’s location near main roads, residents can easily drive to other entertainment areas within Houston and surrounding communities.
Here are some of Copperfield TX must-visit places:
- Manny’s Cafe
- Aguirre’s Tex-Mex
- Cafe Adel
- Catfish Station
- Georgee’s Baja Grill
- Pho and More
- BlueWater Seafood
- Happy Garden
- Island Spice Bar & Grill
- The Cave Hookah Lounge
- The Queenston Grill
- Fatoush Grill & Cafe
- Sheer Hookah Lounge
- Brewski’s Pub and Patio
- Pennison’s Sports Pub Too
- Benchwarmer’s Sports Bar
- Red Myst
- Blackjack’s Bar and Grill
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Copperwood Shopping Center
- Hearthstone Country Club
- Houston National Golf Club
- Blackhorse Golf Club
- Jersey Meadow Golf Club
Neighborhoods near Copperfield Houston include:
- Canyon Lakes at Stonegate
- Cypress Creek Lakes
- Jersey Village
- Kluge Lake
- Spring Branch
Master-planned communities within Copperfield include:
- Copperfield Place Village
- Easton Commons Village
- Middlegate Village
- Northmead Village
- Southcreek Village
- Southdown Village
- Westcreek Village
Development in Copperfield started in 1977 when the Friendswood Development Company acquired 1,800 acres from the Gus Wortham estate.
The first homes in the area were completed and sold two years later. Development continued onto the next decade, and in 1989, Friendswood bought 260 acres more. In 1991, Standard Pacific of Texas bought 70 acres from the original developer and built Copperfield Place Village, with 295 homes.
Today, Copperfield is a peaceful suburban retreat just 20 miles northwest of downtown Houston.
Copperfield homes are zoned to Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Students in the area can attend the following public schools:
- Copeland Elementary School at 18018 Forest Heights Dr.
- Fiest Elementary School at 8425 Pine Falls Dr.
- Lowery Elementary School at 15950 Ridge Park. Lowery Elementary School was named a National Blue Ribbon School in 1991-92.
- Holmsley Elementary School at 7315 Hudson Oaks Dr.
- Owens Elementary School at 7939 Jackrabbit Rd. Like Lowery, Owens was also named a National Blue Ribbon School (1998-99).
- Aragon Middle School at 16823 West Rd. Located northwest of Copperfield, Aragon Middle School was named for a long-time Cy-Fair ISD educator.
- Labay Middle School at 15435 Willow River Dr. Labay has been named a National Blue Ribbon School three times, during school years 1988-89, 1992-93, and 1997-98.
- Cy-Fair High School at 22602 Northwest Fwy (US Hwy 290). Established in 1935, Cy-Fair has been named an Honor Roll School by the TBEC. It is also notable for its various athletics programs (basketball, volleyball, and football, among others).
- Cypress Falls High School at 9811 Huffmeister Rd. Opened in 1992, Cypress Falls was named a National Blue Ribbon School in 1999-2000. Apart from its academic programs, the school also has a notable music department (band, orchestra, and choir).
- Langham Creek High School at 17610 FM 529. Named National Blue Ribbon School 1990-91, Langham Creek first opened in 1984.
Copperfield TX Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Copperfield homes.
- Primrose School of Barker-Cypress
- Covenant Academy at 11711 Telge Rd.
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School at 6646 Addicks Satsuma Rd.
- The Goddard School at 9739 Wortham Blvd.
- Epiphany Lutheran School at 14423 West Rd.
To find an updated listing of all Copperfield real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Copperfield real estate have posted steady numbers over the past decade. The median sales price of homes in the area is at over $190,000.
Despite slight fluctuations, property values in the area have steadily increased. A number of factors have contributed to this upward trend, including Copperfield’s deed restrictions, great neighborhood amenities, and excellent schools, among others.
*Note: Due to the number of smaller communities in Copperfield, it may be more advisable to look at the real estate trends of the specific villages for a more accurate view.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Copperfield real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Copperfield is mostly made up of detached single-family homes on spacious lots. Traditional aesthetics and beautifully maintained lawns are common in the area. Some villages feature bungalows, while others offer two-story homes.
Copperfield homes typically feature 2- to 3-bedroom floor plans, though bigger properties can offer 4 to 5 bedrooms. Most homes in the community were built in the 80s to the early 1990s. Newer construction homes from the early 2000s are available in Copperfield Place Village.
Each village has its own set of deed restrictions, enforced by the village’s community association.
Home sizes range from 1,000 to more than 4,000 square feet. Copperfield homes typically sit on large lots, between 5,000 to more than 20,000 square feet.
Prices for Copperfield homes for sale depend on a number of factors, including location, age, and size of the home.
Homes in the area can start at around $100,000. The most expensive Copperfield real estate can sell for more than $500,000.
Due to the area’s deed restrictions, there are no Copperfield townhomes for sale. There are however, plenty of patio homes and townhomes available in nearby communities.
There are no mid- or high-rise Copperfield condos for sale, but plenty of units are available within Houston’s Inner Loop.
To see other condos within the Inner Loop, see Inner Loop Houston Condos.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige Martin’s recent awards include:
- 2016: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015 Q3: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide (of 125,000 agents)
- 2015: #2 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Southwest Texas (Houston, Woodlands, Katy, San Antonio)
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2015: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2014 – “One of the Top 40 Houston Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
- 2014 – “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” RealTrends.com
- 2014 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2013 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2013 – Top 50 Houston Realtors by the Houston Chronicle
- 2013 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2013 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2012 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2012 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2011 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2011 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2010 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2010 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Katy, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Copperfield TX realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Copperfield Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.