Guide To All Cottage Grove Homes For Sale
New development is a common sight, but the old cottages that define the neighborhood still dot its narrow, tree-lined streets. Cottage Grove homes are quite popular for their high accessibility, afforable homes, and central location.
The neighborhood is located along the Katy Freeway (I-10) and is minutes away from Loop 610. Main Houston thoroughfares Washington Avenue, Westcott Street, and TC Jester Boulevard are also easily accessible from Cottage Grove homes.
With major job, cultural, and entertainment options readily accessible, Cottage Grove is quite popular with professionals and families. Downtown, Medical Center, Montrose, and the Galleria, along with other key Houston neighborhoods are just a short drive or commute away.
Another major draw is the neighborhood’s location near schools, shopping centers, parks, restarants, cafes, and outdoor recreation. Residents can also take advantage of the green spaces in and around the neighborhood, like Memorial Park and the Cottage Grove Park.
High demand has driven prices up, but Cottage Grove homes for sale are still among the most affordable in the Inner Loop.
Contact Paige Martin, a top-ranked Houston Realtor and head of the Houston Properties Team for questions and advice about Cottage Grove homes for sale.
Cottage Grove Houston Resources:
- Cottage Grove Neighborhood Guide
- All Cottage Grove Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Cottage Grove Homes For Sale
- Cottage Grove Homes Under $500K
- Cottage Grove Townhomes For Sale
- Cottage Grove Houston Maps
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Cottage Grove homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Cottage Grove homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Cottage Grove Houston Neighborhood Guide
Cottage Grove, named for its collection of vintage cottages, was originally an independent city. Now a growing Houston neighborhood, Cottage Grove straddles the I-10 and is a stone’s throw away from Loop 610.
Easily one of Houston’s most accessible neighborhoods, Cottage Grove has Timbergrove and Lazybrook to the west and Houston Heights to the north and east. Memorial Park, Camp Logan, and Rice Military are to the south of the neighborhood, just beyond the Katy Freeway. The neighborhood is under the 77007 Harris County zip code.
Centrally located within the Inner Loop, Cottage Grove homes for sale have schools, job centers, malls, restaurants, parks, and entertainment hubs nearby. Residents can easily walk or bike to one of the country’s largest urban parks, Memorial Park.
During the 20s and 30s, Cottage Grove was a stop for the Houston and Texas Central Railway, serving the Eureka Oil Field. Hundreds of cottages were built during this period to house the thousands of workers who moved into the area.
Nowadays, some of those early cottages still stand. Others have been replaced by recently constructed townhomes as well as single-family patio homes.
The humble community is now home to gated communities and multi-family dwellings.
Cottage Grove Schools Information
Zoned to Houston Independent School District (HISD), students of Cottage Grove can attend the following public schools:
- Memorial Elementary School at 6401 Arnot St. Located in a former boot camp (Camp Logan), Memorial Elementary School was established in 1926. It has a TEA “Recognized” rating.
- Love Elementary School at 1120 W 13th St. Love Elementary School offers several services and programs for its students, including a Neighborhood Vanguard Gifted/Talented program, an Bilingual/ELL program, and a special education program. Activities offered at Love include Early Act First Knight and a Lego-based robotics program.
- Hogg Middle School at 1100 Merrill St. Hogg Middle School is one of HISD’s International Baccalaureate World schools. It features the IB Middle Years Programme, as well as a STEM Academy (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) magnet program.
- Waltrip High School at 1900 West 34th St. Stephen Pool Waltrip High School features Houston ISD’s Research and Technology magnet program and houses a child development center for low income preschool students. Apart from a great academics program, Waltrip also offers a full complement of girls’ and boys’ varsity teams.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Lamar is one of Houston ISD’s seven International Baccalaureate schools and it has the biggest number of students who graduate with the IB Diploma in Texas. Lamar is also home to the Texans (formerly the Redskins) and have a great athletics program.
Cottage Grove Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Cottage Grove.
- River Oaks Baptist School at 2300 Willowick Rd. River Oaks Baptist School is a coed, non-sectarian school for students in grades PK to 8. Affiliated with the NAIS, it has a GreatSchools.org community rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
- St. Theresa Catholic School at 6623 Rodrigo St. St. Theresa is a co-educational school and is part of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. It is also a member of the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA).
- St. Thomas High School at 4500 Memorial Dr. St. Thomas is an all-boys Catholic school at that serves students from grades 7 to 12. It is affiliated with the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and the NCEA.
To find an updated listing of all Cottage Grove real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Fun Things to Do In and Around Cottage Grove
Cottage Grove is conveniently located near shopping, entertainment, and dining hotspots.
Outdoor recreation areas aren’t in short supply either, as Memorial Park is just across the freeway from the neighborhood. One of the largest urban parks in the country, Memorial Park features several jogging, hiking and biking trails, and picnic areas, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, and playgrounds. It also features the Memorial Park Golf Course, the Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail, and the Houston Arboretum and Nature Park.
The neighborhood also features green spaces of its own, Cottage Grove Park. The park has a covered basketball court, a baseball field, and a playground. Future improvements to the park, as well as the addition of more hike and bike trails around the neighborhood are expected.
With the Galleria, Montrose, and Rice Military within driving distance of the neighborhood, residents won’t run out of places to visit. Be it upscale boutiques, restaurants, bars, lounges, coffee shops, and second-hand stores, they are all within easy reach from Cottage Grove.
Here are some of Cottage Grove Houston must-visit places:
- Rainbow Lounge
- Zelko Bistro
- Bourbon and Bacon
- Urban Eats
- Backstreet Cafe
- Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
- Lei Low
- The Boot
- Down the Street
- Underdogs Pub
- Liberty Station
- Anvil Bar and Refuge
- Poison Girl
Retail and Entertainment Centers
- The Galleria
- River Oaks Shopping Center
- Marq*E Entertainment Center
- Uptown Park
- Highland Village
- Revival Market
- Whole Foods Market
- Memorial Park
- Cottage Grove Park
- Spotts Park
In Memorial Park
- Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail
- Houston Arboretum and Nature Park
- Memorial Park Golf Course
Cottage Grove Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Cottage Grove Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.