Guide To Cottage Grove Houston Townhomes
Cottage Grove, formerly just a stop for the Houston and Texas Central Railway, is now a fast developing Inner Loop neighborhood.
Traditional cottages and ranch-style homes used to line its streets. Rapid growth in real estate development allowed builders to add new construction townhomes all over the neighborhood.
Cottage Grove townhomes are in high demand for its:
- Central location: The neighborhood has schools, parks, restaurants, job centers, retail hubs, and entertainment options, among other things.
- High accessibility: Located along the Katy Freeway (I-10) and near Loop 610, Cottage Grove is minutes away from the best Houston has to offer. Job centers like Downtown and Medical Center, along with cultural and entertainment centers like the Galleria, Montrose, and Rice Military, are within minutes of Cottage Grove homes.
- Great housing options: Cottage Grove townhomes come in a variety of architectural styles and floor plans. Older units tend to sell for cheaper, while new construction townhomes in gated communities cost more.
Cottage Grove Houston Resources:
- Cottage Grove Neighborhood Guide
- All Cottage Grove Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Cottage Grove Homes For Sale
- Cottage Grove Houston Maps
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Cottage Grove Houston Homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-425-4194 or email [email protected].
Cottage Grove Houston Neighborhood Guide
Cottage Grove sits north of the I-10, south of Houston Heights and east of Timbergrove/Lazybrook. Memorial Park, Camp Logan, and Rice Military lie south of the neighborhood, just beyond the freeway. Downtown Houston is just a few miles east of the community.
Its location within the Inner Loop makes Cottage Grove an ideal option for families and professionals alike.
During the 20s and 30s, the neighborhood experienced a housing boom due to the Eureka Oil Field. Thousands had moved into the area and demand for housing exploded in Cottage Grove.
Today, high demand has also driven Cottage Grove’s development boom. Townhomes and multi-story single-family homes have replaced some of the neighborhood’s vintage cottages.
Still, the neighborhood remains one of the Inner Loop’s most affordable – despite the area’s growth.
Cottage Grove townhomes can range from $350,000 to more than $600,000, and can come in various architectural styles. Luxury townhomes in gated communities are also available.
Cottage Grove Houston is within the 77007 zip code of Harris County.
Fun Things To Do Near Cottage Grove Townhomes
Cottage Grove is conveniently located near shopping, entertainment, and dining hotspots.
Outdoor recreation areas aren’t in short supply either, as Memorial Park is just across the freeway from the neighborhood. One of the largest urban parks in the country, Memorial Park features several jogging, hiking and biking trails, and picnic areas, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, and playgrounds. It also features the Memorial Park Golf Course, the Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail, and the Houston Arboretum and Nature Park.
The neighborhood also features green spaces of its own, Cottage Grove Park. The park has a covered basketball court, a baseball field, and a playground. Future improvements to the park, as well as the addition of more hike and bike trails around the neighborhood are expected.
With the Galleria, Montrose, and Rice Military within driving distance of the neighborhood, residents won’t run out of places to visit. Be it upscale boutiques, restaurants, bars, lounges, coffee shops, and second-hand stores, they are all within easy reach from Cottage Grove.
Here are some of Cottage Grove Houston must-visit places:
- Rainbow Lounge
- Zelko Bistro
- Bourbon and Bacon
- Urban Eats
- Backstreet Cafe
- Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
- Lei Low
- The Boot
- Down the Street
- Underdogs Pub
- Liberty Station
- Anvil Bar and Refuge
- Poison Girl
Retail and Entertainment Centers
- The Galleria
- River Oaks Shopping Center
- Marq*E Entertainment Center
- Uptown Park
- Highland Village
- Revival Market
- Whole Foods Market
- Memorial Park
- Cottage Grove Park
- Spotts Park
In Memorial Park
- Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail
- Houston Arboretum and Nature Park
- Memorial Park Golf Course
Cottage Grove Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Cottage Grove Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194.