Crestwood Houston Real Estate, Homes & Neighborhood Guide
Made up of around 120 homes, Crestwood is an affluent community directly east of Memorial Park. Part of the Crestwood/Glen Cove area, the Crestwood community is popular for its central location, beautiful homes, and high accessibility.
- EXCLUSIVITY: Crestwood real estate is among Houston’s most expensive. Median sale price is at over $2,000,000. (See The Salary I Need To Buy A Home In Houston’s Best Neighborhoods)
- LARGE LOTS: Crestwood homes typically sit on mid- to large-sized lots by Houston standards. Median lot size is at around 9,000 square feet. Some of the most expensive Crestwood real estate can offer as much as 40,000 square feet.
- MEMORIAL PARK: Memorial Park is one of Houston’s largest urban parks. Covering more than 1,400 acres west of Loop 610, the park features miles of multi-purpose trails, picnic areas, and sports fields. Key places to visit within the park include the Memorial Park Golf Course (a top-rated municipal course), the Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail, and the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center.
- NEAR GALLERIA: The Galleria area is just a couple of miles away from Crestwood homes. The district is one of Houston’s main employment and retail centers, with over 23 million square feet of office space. Over 2,000 businesses operate within the district, with 55,000+ employees. The Galleria is also home to more than 350 stores and commercial establishments. Anchor stores include Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Nordstrom. Other retail centers nearby include Uptown Park, River Oaks Shopping Center, River Oaks District, and Highland Village.
- EASY COMMUTES: Crestwood homes have near immediate access to several main roads and freeways, including Loop 610, I-10, Memorial Drive, and Washington Avenue.
Crestwood real estate can be challenging to navigate due to the neighborhood’s deed restrictions (which can be a problem depending on your goals long term) and proximity to main roads (as you want to be near one, but not too near). Many homes in the neighborhood are new and newly updated, though there are Crestwood homes that may need renovations.
POPULAR Crestwood RESOURCES
Thanks to the neighborhood’s central location, beautiful homes, and high accessibility, Crestwood real estate are notably among Houston’s most expensive.
- Nestled east of Memorial Park, the neighborhood is mere minutes away from key Houston districts like Downtown and the Galleria.
- Crestwood homes have convenient access to main thoroughfares, including Loop 610, I-10, Memorial Drive, and Washington Avenue.
- Lot sizes in the area are bigger by Houston standards. Crestwood real estate typically offer 7,500 to 9,000 square feet. Bigger properties can offer more than 40,000 square feet.
- One of the Inner Loop’s most expensive neighborhoods, Crestwood features gorgeous single-family homes and stately manors.
- Thanks to the neighborhood’s continued popularity and high demand, Crestwood real estate continues to steadily appreciate.
- The median sales price and average price per square foot of Crestwood homes have posted impressive increases over the past decade.
- Like most Inner Loop neighborhoods, Crestwood’s inventory is tight. The number of homes sold have decreased over the last 10 years.
- Crestwood is one of the neighborhoods under the Crestwood/Glen Cove Civic Club.
- Like Camp Logan, Crestwood has deed restrictions in place to protect the look and feel of the neighborhood.
- The neighborhood is zoned to the Houston ISD. Some of the best schools serve the area, including Lamar High School.
- Crestwood homes typically feature four- to five-bedroom floor plans with 3,000 to more than 7,000 square feet of living space.
- Prices for Crestwood homes for sale can start at around $500,000 and can go up to more than $4,000,000.
Made up of around 130 homes, Crestwood is a small Inner Loop subdivision. The neighborhood shares a homeowners association with neighboring Glen Cove.
The Crestwood/Glen Cove neighborhood is made up of 6 smaller communities, including Crestwood, Glen Cove 1, Glen Cove 2, Glen Cove 3, Crestwood Acres, and Arlington Court.
Having a 1,500-acre park next door has its perks, including easy access to a municipal golf course, hike and bike trails, and other facilities for outdoor activities. Schools, restaurants, cafes, and retail centers are also mere minutes away from Crestwood homes.
Several main Houston roads like Loop 610, I-10 (Katy Freeway), Memorial Drive, and Washington Avenue are easily accessible from the neighborhood. Homes in the area have convenient access to job and entertainment centers like the Galleria and Downtown Houston, among other key districts.
Crestwood is a couple of miles away from the Uptown District, one of Houston’s major employment and retail centers. Uptown features over 23 million square feet of office space, with 2,000 businesses and 55,000 employees. The district also has 5 million square feet of retail space, about half of which is within The Galleria. Other retail centers in the area include Uptown Park and Post Oak Plaza.
Crestwood is under the 77007 Harris County zip code.
Zip codes near Crestwood Houston include 77006, 77019, 77027, and 77008. (View Houston zip code map.)
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
Crestwood homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
Established in the 1920s, Houston ISD is the largest school district in the state (with 283 schools). The Texas Education Agency (TEA) gave the district a “Met Standard” rating in 2016. HISD features several International Baccalaureate (IB) World schools, including Lamar High School and Hogg Middle School.
Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- Memorial Elementary School at 6401 Arnot St. Located just north of the Crestwood/Glen Cove neighborhood, Memorial Elementary School opened its doors in 1926. The school offers a dual language program, with dual language classrooms for pre-K, Kindergarten, and First Grade students.
- Hogg Middle School at 1100 Merrill St. James Hogg Middle School is an International Baccalaureate World school that offers the IB Middle Years Programme. The school also offers a wide variety of electives and advanced subjects (AP Spanish, Pre-AP Core Classes, Algebra).
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Located in Upper Kirby, Lamar High School is home to the Lamar Texans (previously known as the Redskins). Apart from its widely known athletics programs, Lamar also offers excellent academics as a business administration magnet school and an IB World School.
Crestwood Houston Private Schools
Most Crestwood residents opt to send their kids to private schools. Some of the Houston’s best private schools are within a short drive away from the neighborhood.
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Dr.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln.
- DePelchin Children’s Center at 4950 Memorial Dr.
- St. Thomas High School at 4500 Memorial Dr.
- St. Theresa School at 6623 Rodrigo St.
- The Kipling School at 620 Shepherd Dr.
- River Oaks Baptist School at 2300 Willowick Rd.
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr.
- Memorial Christian Academy at 1315 S Dairy Ashford Rd F.
- St. Agnes Academy at 9000 Bellaire Blvd.
To find an updated listing of all Crestwood real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
With a median sales price of over $2,000,000, Crestwood real estate is among the most expensive in Houston. The subdivision’s strong property values can be attributed to a number of factors, including high demand (and low inventories), new construction homes, and great community atmosphere.
Very few Crestwood homes are put in the market every year, with less than 10 homes sold annually for the past 10 years. Updated and new construction homes in the area also help drive prices up.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Crestwood real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at [email protected].
Crestwood is mostly made up of single-family homes. Homes in the area typically sit on large lots (by Houston standards), with sizes ranging from 7,500 to 9,000 square feet. Luxury Crestwood real estate can feature as much as 40,000 square feet.
Most Crestwood homes feature 4-bedroom floor plans with 3,000 to 6,000 square feet of living space. Some homes can feature 5 to 6 bedrooms and more than 7,000 square feet of space.
Multi-car garages, wooded grounds, and beautiful Mediterranean and Traditional architecture are common in the neighborhood.
Prices for Crestwood homes for sale can range from $750,000 for older and smaller properties to around $4,000,000.
Crestwood townhomes are typically smaller than their single-family home counterparts. Two- to three-bedroom townhomes are common, with 2,500 to 3,000 square feet of living space.
There are a few townhomes available in the neighborhood, though there are more in nearby areas like Camp Logan and Rice Military.
Here are some townhome communities in and around the Crestwood neighborhood:
There are no mid- or high-rise Crestwood condos for sale. There are, however, plenty of condos available in Rice Military, River Oaks, and the Galleria area. The nearest condo complex is Bayou Bend Towers on 101 Westcott St.
- Villa D’Este
- Four Leaf Towers
- The Mark
- The Empire
- The Manhattan
- Lofts at Post Oak
Crestwood is also right next to Memorial Park. Memorial Park condos include:
The area now known as Crestwood was previously a World War I training camp known as Camp Logan. Will and Mike Hogg later regained control of the property, but sold it to the city of Houston to focus their development efforts elsewhere.
Development in Crestwood started in the 1940s, though a number of the neighborhood’s original homes have since been replaced with bigger custom-built homes.
Today, Crestwood is one of Houston’s most expensive neighborhoods, thanks to its active homeowners association and strict deed restrictions.
Thanks to Crestwood’s central location, residents have a wide variety of retail and entertainment options within minutes of their homes.
Memorial Park, a 1,500-acre municipal park, features several outdoor entertainment options, including picnic areas, playgrounds, and miles of hike and bike trails. Facilities for tennis, swimming, track, volleyball, skating, croquet, and softball are also available. The Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail and the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center are also popular destinations within the park.
The Memorial Park Golf Course is also located inside the park. The top-rated John Bredemus-designed municipal golf course features a course rating of 73 and a slope rating of 122.
Crestwood residents also have plenty of retail options, as the River Oaks Shopping Center, Uptown Park, and the Galleria are minutes away from the neighborhood.
Here are some of Crestwood Houston must-visit places:
- Piada Italian Street Food
- Surya India
- Zen Japanese Izakaya
- Che Inka
- Backstreet Cafe
- Pepper Twins
- Black Walnut Cafe
- Velvet Taco
- Flip ‘n Patties
- River Oaks Shopping Center
- River Oaks District
- Uptown Park
- Highland Village
- Blue at Brenner’s
- Story Ultralounge
- Atlas Pub
- R Bar
- Aura Houston
- The Flat
- Revolver Bourbon Social
- The Cellar Door
- Underdogs Pub
- El Tiempo Market
- Central Market
- Trader Joe’s
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Whole Foods Market
- Central City Co-Op
In Memorial Park
- Memorial Park Golf Course
- Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail
- Houston Arboretum and Nature Center
- Memorial Park Tennis Center
- Memorial Swimming Pool
- Kickball Field
- Memorial Park Playground
- Picnic Loop
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.