Coles Crossing Cypress Neighborhood and Real Estate Guide
Located within one of Houston’s Top Rated Suburbs, Coles Crossing is among the Cypress most popular neighborhoods.
Coles Crossing is a master-planned community located just north of Hwy 290, about 27 miles northwest of downtown Houston.
The community is popular for its:
- TOP RATED SCHOOLS: Sampson Elementary, Spillane Middle, and Cypress Woods High, listed among the Best Schools in the Greater Houston area, all serve the Cypress community. Sampson Elementary, a Texas Honor Roll school, is located within Coles Crossing.
- GREAT COMMUNITY AMENITIES: Coles Crossing features miles of nature trails, 2 swimming pools, a fitness center, tennis courts, fishing lakes, parks, and playgrounds.
- RETAIL AND DINING NEARBY: Coles Crossing’s master-plan features dedicated commercial spaces. Residents are minutes away from many Yelp-rated dining and entertainment hubs.
- MASTER-PLANNED NEIGHBORHOOD: The community covers around 2,000 acres, 175 of which is reserved for recreational amenities. The master-plan also set aside room for commercial establishments south of the neighborhoods.
- ACTIVE COMMUNITY: Coles Crossing Community Association organizes a variety of annual events, and helps maintain common areas and amenities.
Coles Crossing real estate can be challenging to navigate due to large number of comparable neighborhoods in Cypress and other nearby suburbs. Another factor is the community’s wide range of homes from different builders (some are far superior to others).
Get help navigating this tricky real estate market, contact Paige Martin and the Houston Properties Team. Paige and her team are among Houston’s Best Realtors and Texas’ most active real estate agents.
POPULAR Coles Crossing TX RESOURCES
- Sampson Elementary, Spillane Middle, and Cypress Woods High, listed among the Best Schools in the Greater Houston area, all serve the community. Sampson, a Texas Honor Roll school, is located within Coles Crossing.
- Coles Crossing features miles of nature trails, 2 swimming pools, a fitness center, tennis courts, fishing lakes, parks, and playgrounds.
- Coles Crossing’s master-plan features dedicated commercial spaces. Residents are minutes away from 30+ Yelp-rated dining and entertainment hubs.
- Coles Crossing Community Association organizes a variety of annual events, and helps maintain common areas and amenities.
- The community covers around 2,000 acres, 175 of which is reserved for recreational amenities. The master-plan also set aside room for commercial establishments south of the neighborhoods.
- The community sits near a number of main roads and thoroughfares, including Barker Cypress Road, Highway 290 (Northwest Freeway), and FM 1960.
- Cypress features a number of master-planned communities, including Bridgeland, Kluge Lakes, Towne Lake, and Cypress Creek Lakes.
- Coles Crossing broke ground sometime in the late 1990s. Most homes in the area were built before 2006.
- Builders in the community include Coventry Homes, Darling Homes, David Weekley Homes, Newmark Homes, Perry Homes, Plantation Homes, and Trendmaker Homes.
- Coles Crossing homes range from bungalows to sprawling estate-style homes. Home sizes range from 2,000 to around 5,000 square feet.
- Homes in the community can sit on lots ranging from 4,000 to upwards of 30,000 square feet.
- Prices for Coles Crossing homes for sale can start at around $200,000. The community’s most expensive real estate can sell for upwards of $600,000.
- Coles Crossing homes typically feature 3-bedroom floor plans, with home sizes between 1,000 to more than 3,500 square feet.
- Lot sizes are between 3,000 to 10,000 square feet.
- Due to rising demand, a number of the neighborhood’s older homes have been torn down to make way for new townhomes and custom-built single-family homes.
- Prices for Coles Crossing homes for sale can start at around $150,000. New construction homes and townhomes in luxury gated communities are more expensive and can go for more than $700,000.
Covering 1,200 acres just off Highway 290 and Barker Cypress Road, Coles Crossing is one of the master-planned communities in Cypress.
Cypress is an unincorporated area in Harris County located in northwest Houston. Other notable communities in the area include Bridgeland, Towne Lake, Kluge Lake, and Cypress Creek Lakes. Canyon Lake at Stonegate, one of Houston’s best golf course communities, is also within the area.
Made up of several neighborhoods/sections, Coles Crossing features primarily single-family homes, ranging from bungalows to larger estate-style homes.
The master-planned community features 175 acres for recreational areas. Coles Crossing amenities include 2 swimming pools, a fitness center, tennis courts, fishing lakes, parks, and playgrounds. Miles of walking and nature trails line the community’s expansive green spaces.
There are plenty of entertainment and retail nearby. The community’s southern areas are reserved for commercial establishments.
Sampson Elementary School, one of the best schools in the Greater Houston area, is located within the Coles Crossing.
Coles Crossing real estate have a 77429 zip code. (View Houston zip code map.)
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
North of Coles Crossing
- Cypress Point Lake Estates
- Stable Gate
- Park Creek
- The Reserve at Cypress Creek
- Northlake Forest
East of Coles Crossing
- Quail Forest
- Cypress Oaks
- Lakewood Trails
- Woodside Green
Coles Crossing homes are zoned to the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District (CFISD or Cy-Fair).
Established in 1939, Cy-Fair ISD is the largest “Recognized” school district in Texas. In 2010, 75 out of the district’s 78 schools have been given Recognized or Exemplary ratings by the TEA. Today, the district features more than 80 campuses and serves parts of Houston, Jersey Village, and Cypress.
Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- Sampson Elementary School at 16002 Coles Crossing Dr. Located within the master-planned community, Sampson Elementary is a highly-rated school. Named for Nancy Marsh Sampson, the school is a Texas Honor Roll school (2016).
- Spillane Middle School at 13403 Woods Spillane Blvd. Spillane Middle School was among the 8 CFISD schools to be named a Texas Honor Roll school in 2016.
- Goodson Middle School at 17333 Huffmeister Rd. Named for Charles M. Goodson (a long-time CFISD educator), the school has received an Exemplary rating from the TEA.
- Cypress Woods High School at 13550 Woods Spillane Blvd. Opened in 2006, Cy-Woods High is home to the Wildcats.
Coles Crossing Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Coles Crossing.
- Primrose School at 16555 Dundee Rd.
- The Goddard School at 19406 Cypress North Houston Rd
- Alianza ECO International School at 12603 Louetta Rd.
- Christ the Redeemer Catholic School at 11507 Rd.
To find an updated listing of all Coles Crossing real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Coles Crossing real estate have performed reasonably well over the past 10 years. The median sales price of homes in the community is at just under $300,000.
Compared to Cypress real estate trends (all communities and areas within Cypress), Coles Crossing has a slightly higher median sales price.
A number of factors have contributed to the community’s strong property values, including its exemplary schools, active HOA, and great amenities.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Coles Crossing real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Coles Crossing, built between the late 1990s and the mid-2000s, is mostly made up of single-family homes.
Coles Crossing homes range from bungalows to larger estate-stlye homes on large lots.
The community offers 3- to 4-bedroom homes, with sizes ranging from 2,000 to more than 5,000 square feet. The most expensive Coles Crossing homes can feature 5- to 6-bedroom floor plans.
Lot sizes range from 4,000 to upwards of 30,000 square feet.
Architectural styles vary, but most Coles Crossing homes lean toward traditional tones.
Prices for Coles Crossing homes for sale can start at around $200,000. The community’s most expensive real estate can sell for upwards of $600,000.
Coles Crossing real estate is made up of detached single-family homes and there are no townhomes in the area.
Cypress has grown from a largely rural area into one of Houston’s suburban communities. Developers took interest in the area during the 1980s, sparking both residential and commercial growth that continues today.
Coles Crossing broke ground in the late 1990s, one of the newer master-planned developments in Cypress. A variety of builders offered homes in the area, including Coventry Homes, Darling Homes, David Weekley Homes, Newmark Homes, Perry Homes, Plantation Homes, and Trendmaker Homes.
Coles Crossing homes have continued to be a popular option, thanks to the community’s wide variety of outdoor lifestyle amenities, active HOA, and beautiful green spaces.
Coles Crossing features 175 acres dedicated to recreational areas. A large part of this is green spaces, parks, and other community amenities.
Coles Park, Coles Commons, Coles Mill, Coles Arbor, Coles Pond, Coles Lake, and Coles Nature Park are all popular spots for residents.
Coles Park features a swimming pool, an exercise trail, and multi-purpose sports fields (baseball and soccer, among others). Coles Commons, on the other hand, offers lighted tennis courts, a fitness center, and a playground.
Residents can also opt to go fishing (catch-and-release) at Coles Mill. The park offers a stocked pond, a pier, greenbelt trails, and playground.
Coles Nature Park covers more than 50 acres of wooded areas with a 2.5-mile nature trail.
For retail and entertainment, residents can visit the community’s retail and dining spaces that line the area’s southern borders. Other options are available within a few minutes away.
Here are some of Coles Crossing Houston must-visit places:
- Galiana’s Bakery and Cafe
- Vero Italian Restaurant
- Five Loaves Pizza
- Atsumi Asian Kitchen & Sushi Bar
- LT’s Sports Bar & Grill
- Hanan’s Cafe
- Newk’s Eatery
- Paw Paw Chico BBQ
Coles Crossing Amenities
- Coles Park
- Coles Commons
- Coles Mill
- Coles Arbor
- Coles Pond
- Coles Lake
- Coles Nature Park
- LT’s Sports Bar & Grill
- D’vine Wine Bar
- Baker St. Pub & Grill
- Cork Cafe Wine and Beer
- Mac’s Sports Bar ‘n Grill
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- La Hacienda
Parks and Outdoor Entertainment
- Longwood Golf Club
- BlackHorse Golf Club
- Bud Hadfield Park
- Little Cypress Creek Preserve
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.