Guide To All EaDo Homes For Sale
Search EaDo homes for sale by location, price, and type. The article also covers pictures and real estate trends.
EaDo is an emerging Houston neighborhood on the verge of reinvention. It also has one of the fastest real estate market growth in the city.
East Downtown is immediately adjacent to Downtown Houston. It is also within a few minutes from Uptown Houston, Texas Medical Center, Greenway Plaza, and the Houston Ship Channel.
Residential options include a number of new townhomes, mid-rise condos, and single-family homes.
These are some of the more affordable homes within the Inner Loop. East Downtown Houston townhomes start at $200,000 to over $500,000.
Experts believe that EaDo is undergoing sustainable real estate and commercial growth. Home prices are currently more affordable. But, it may soon follow the same strong appreciation trends of real estate in nearby Midtown, Montrose, and other Inner Loop neighborhoods.
With numerous developments all over the district, new construction homes that get sold before even being listed, and school zoning changes, homebuyers benefit from seeking the advice of the best EaDo Houston realtor.
Contact Paige Martin, a top-ranked Houston realtor and head of the Houston Properties Team for questions and advice about East Downtown homes for sale.
EaDo Houston Resources:
"It’s hard to find a team that has your best interests at heart, especially when dealing with real estate. Paige Martin and the Houston Properties Team are amazing! They’re incredibly candid about their recommendations, they care a great deal about their clients, and they make sure you won’t make decisions you’re bound to regret. I’d highly recommend them if you’re looking for a great Houston realtor. You will thank me!" – Elizabeth (Google Review)
Table of Contents
- EaDo Houston Neighborhood Guide
- EaDo Schools Information
- The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
EaDo Houston Neighborhood Guide
For more information on available EaDo homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-425-4194 or email PMartin@HoustonProperties.com
EaDo Houston used to be the site of the Old Chinatown. Many East Asian immigrants helped shape the development of this community.
Even after the merchants moved to the present Chinatown near Bellaire, there are still a number of Asian businesses and temples in East Downtown Houston.
The triangle-shaped district is directly east of Downtown Houston, hence the name. It is flanked by the Eastex Fwy to the west, Gulf Fwy to the south, and the Union Pacific Railway tracks that run from Congress to Cullen.
The East Downtown Management District, with its aim to have a well-planned, high-quality community, was renamed the district in 1998 to EaDo. The hip name reflects the neighborhood's vibe well and has helped in the neighborhood's redevelopment.
It's a great place for sports fans. The neighborhood is within walking distance from the BBVA Compass Stadium, Minute Maid Park, and the Toyota Center.
The lively, alternative art scene in the district attracts younger professionals who wish to live in a hip area that's near both work and entertainment venues.
EaDo is also a few minutes from the University of Houston and the Texas Southern University, making it a popular residential option for students and employees of these universities.
East Downtown Houston restaurants have some of the best Asian, Mexican, Cajun, and Texan food. It is also the site of the Houston Food Park where various food trucks serve residents lunch daily.
The EaDo district focuses on a pedestrian experience, and more retail options are expected to open soon. New MetroRail expansion routes are expected to open soon to make commuting from the district much easier.
A large portion of the neighborhood sits in the 77003 Houston zip code, while the rest falls under 77023. Nearby zip codes include: 77004, 77011, 77002, 77010, 77019, and 77006. (View Houston zip code map)
Neighborhoods near EaDo Houston include Downtown Houston, Second Ward, Third Ward, East End, Fifth Ward, Greater Heights, Northside Village, Magnolia Park, Rice Military, River Oaks, Midtown, and Montrose.
EaDo Schools Information
To find an updated listing of all EaDo real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at PMartin@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you're working with.
The Houston Independent School District (HISD) operates schools zoned to East Downtown.
Students in EaDo attend the following Public Schools:
The school boundary for Rusk Elementary School runs from Polk Street, St. Charles Street, Lamar Street, and Ennis Street and continues east until it reaches the railroad tracks at McKinney Street. This zone stretches north up to the East End.
The rest of the district is currently zoned to the Dodson Elementary School, which is set to close amidst protests from residents. Students will be rezoned to Blackshear Elementary, just 2 miles from the neighborhood.
Dodson Elementary School at 1808 Sampson St. 77003. The Dodson Montessori Magnet School accepts children from Pre-K to 5th grade. The school fuses Montessori theories with HISD's curriculum goals.
Rusk Elementary School at 2805 Garrow St. 77003. The Rusk School offers Science, Technology, & Mathematics magnet services to students from PK-8th grade. The school has an award-winning robotics and CSTEM team due to its great Integrated Technology Program.
- Jackson Middle School at 5100 Polk St. 77023. Jackson Middle School is one of Houston's most historic schools. The school is located in the University district and offers a great athletics program, as well as classes in Engineering, Robotics, Math, Science, and Writing. The school is home to a 3-time defending champion of the International C-STEM Challenge.
Residents located east of Velasco Street, Roberts Street, and Sampson Street are zoned to Austin High School. The rest are zoned to Wheatley High School in the Fifth Ward district.
Austin High School at 1700 Dumble St. 77023. The Stephen F. Austin High School is located in the Eastwood area and is attended by students from grades 9 to 12. The school offers a magnet program for teaching professions and is one of the most architecturally beautiful campuses in Houston.
Wheatley High School at 4801 Providence St. 77020. The Phyllis Wheatley High School offers a technology magnet program. The school also excels in athletics, with a highly-rated football and basketball team.
Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, the information provided above is accurate but not guaranteed. Please double-check by visiting the school's website.*
The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
The Houston Properties Team has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member. Each member is a specialist in their role – which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
Paige Martin, Broker Associate with Keller Williams Realty, and the Houston Properties Team are ranked among the top residential Realtors in the world.
They have been featured on TV and in dozens of publications including The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, Reuters, Fox News in the Morning, Money Magazine, Houston Business Journal, Houstonia, and Houston Chronicle.
Paige Martin was just ranked as the #5 agent in the world with Keller Williams, completing over $1 Billion in Houston residential real estate sales.
Recent awards include:
– 2022: #1 Residential Real Estate Team by Sales Volume, Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Real Estate Teams in America, RealTrends.com
– 2021: Top 100 Women Leaders in Real Estate of 2021
– 2021: America’s Top 100 Real Estate Agents
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
– 2020: America’s Best Real Estate Teams, Best of America Trends
– 2020: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2020: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2020: #6 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
– 2020: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas (Top Keller Williams Realtor)
– 2020: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2019: Top Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2019: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2019: #5 Individual Agent, KW Worldwide
- 2019: #1 Individual Agent, KW Texas
- 2018: #5 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2018: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2018: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2018: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2017: #10 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2017: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2017: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2017: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2016: #20 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2016: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, United States
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2014: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
...in addition to over 318 additional awards.
Paige also serves a variety of non-profits, and civic and community boards. She was appointed by the mayor of Houston to be on the downtown TIRZ board.
Benefits Of Working With The Houston Properties Team
Our team, composed of distinguished and competent Houston luxury realtors, has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member.
We find the team approach as the most effective way to sell homes. We have dedicated people doing staging, marketing, social media, open houses, and showings. Each Houston Properties Team member is a specialist in their role—which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
The benefits of working with a team include:
- the ability to be in two or three places at one time; a member can handle showings, while another answer calls
- collective time and experience of members
- targeted advice and marketing of agent expert in your area
- competitive advantage by simply having more resources, more ideas, and more perspectives
- a “checks and balances” system; selling and buying a home in Houston is an intensely complex process
- more people addressing field calls and questions from buyers and agents to facilitate a faster, successful sale
- efficient multi-tasking; one agent takes care of inspections and repair work, while another agent focuses on administrative details
- multiple marketing channels using members’ networks
- constant attention: guaranteed focus on your home and your transaction
- lower risk for mistakes. Multiple moving parts increase oversights. A team approach handles these “parts” separately
- flexibility in negotiation and marketing
- better management of document flow
- increased foot traffic through more timely and effective showing schedule coordination; and
- increased sphere of influence and exposure to more potential buyers.
To meet all the award-winning members of the Houston Properties Team, please go here.