Guide To Energy Corridor Homes For Sale
A key corporate and business district, the Energy Corridor is one of the hottest real estate markets in Houston.
The Energy Corridor is rife with real estate options, from condos and luxury apartments to townhomes and single-family homes.
The Energy Corridor’s 1,700-acre area is also home to several Fortune 500 companies. The district features major retailers, gated luxury communities, and entertainment hubs.
The district is located along Katy Freeway (Interstate 10). A 26,000-acre urban park borders the Energy Corridor, with trails and walkways winding around the neighborhood.
It is zoned to three school districts: the Houston ISD, the Katy ISD, and the Spring Branch ISD. Apart from a choice of excellent public schools, the Energy Corridor also features private schools, early childhood centers, and daycares.
The district is a rapidly developing area with office and retail space expected to reach 45.3 million square feet by 2030. A study predicts that an additional 2,700 housing units will be built in the district to fill growing demand.
Energy Corridor real estate, both north and south of the I-10, are constantly in high demand. West Houston neighborhoods, including Memorial and Spring Branch, feature the tightest inventories in the area.
Contact Paige Martin, a top-ranked Houston realtor and head of the Houston Properties Team for questions and advice about Energy Corridor homes for sale.
Energy Corridor Houston Resources:
- Energy Corridor Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive Energy Corridor Homes For Sale
- Energy Corridor Homes For Sale Under $1,000,000
- Energy Corridor Townhomes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Energy Corridor homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Energy Corridor Houston Neighborhood Guide
Apart from being a key business and work center, the Energy Corridor is a booming community of residential areas and commercial establishments.
The district is located along Katy Freeway in between Beltway 8 (Sam Houston Parkway) and Grand Parkway. It extends toward Westpark Tollway along N Eldridge Pkwy and Enclave Pkwy. Its borders lie on Kirkwood Road and Barker Cypress Road on the east and west, respectively.
The Texas State Legislature officially established the Energy Corridor, also known as Harris County Improvement District #4, in 2001. The district, however, had been home to major oil and energy companies since the 1970s.
During that time, Shell Oil Company and Conoco (the predecessor to today’s ConocoPhillips) established facilities along Katy Freeway, encouraging other energy companies to move their operations – along with their employees – in the area.
Today, the municipal management district oversees private and public investment and aims to improve public safety and overall quality of life.
Neighborhoods Near Energy Corridor Houston
Neighborhoods near Energy Corridor include:
- Garden Oaks
- Houston Heights
- Spring Branch
- Memorial Villages
- Uptown Houston
Energy Corridor Schools Information
Energy Corridor is zoned to the Houston ISD, the Katy ISD, and the Spring Branch ISD. National Blue Ribbon schools, like Nottingham Elementary and Maurice L. Wolfe Elementary, are within the district.
Highly ranked high schools like Westside and Stratford also serve the Energy Corridor.
Here are some of the most notable public schools zoned to the Energy Corridor:
- Nottingham Elementary at 570 Nottingham Oaks. This PK to 5 public school is under the Spring Branch ISD. Nottingham Elementary has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon school, with a “Recognized” TEA ranking.
- Barbara Bush Elementary at 13800 Westerloch Dr. Also known as BBE, this coeducational school is under the Houston Independent School District. It serves 698 students in grades PK to 5. It has an Exemplary AEIS rating and a 10 out of 10 rating at GreatSchools.org.
- Thornwood Elementary at 14400 Fern. From the Spring Branch ISD, Thornwood Elementary serves students in grades PK to 5. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 6 out of 10.
- Ray K. Daily Elementary at 12909 Briar Forrest. Ray Daily Elementary is a coeducational public school from the HISD. It was named after a former HISD board member who advocated for special education, reading, and industrial arts education programs. It serves PK to 6 students and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 7 out of 10.
- Maurice L. Wolfe Elementary at 502 Addicks Howell. This K-5 public school from the Katy ISD has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon school in 1998-99. It has a 6 out of 10 rating at GreatSchools.org.
- Spring Forest Middle School at 14240 Memorial. This school is under the Spring Branch ISD. It serves students in grades 6 to 8 and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 6 out of 10. It has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon school from 1994 to 1996.
- West Briar Middle School at 13733 Briarhurst. This coed public school is from the HISD. Serving grade 6 to 8 students, it has a 7 out of 10 GreatSchools.org rating.
- Westside High School at 14201 Briar Forest. HISD’s Westside High School is a magnet school for Integrated Technology. The program takes five different strands: Fine Arts, Business, Media Relations, Applied Science/Health Science, and Computing Sciences. It also offers an advanced placement program. It has a 7/10 GreatSchools.org rating and is one of the top high schools in the United States.
- Stratford High School at 14555 Fern St. Stratford High, under the Spring Branch ISD, features great academics, athletics, and Fine Arts programs. It has received various awards and has been featured with top ranking high schools. Like Westside, it also offers AP courses in addition to several foreign language programs.
Energy Corridor is also home to excellent private schools. Listed below are some of them:
- Westlake Child Development Center at 540 Westlake Park. This is a private nonsectarian preschool. It has a community rating of 3/5 at GreatSchools.org.
- Memorial Private High School at 14333 Fern Drive. It is a private school that offers an accelerated Classical Program. It also has excellent arts, academics, and athletics programs.
- Westside Montessori School at 13555 Briar Forrest. This is a coed, nonsectarian Montessori school that serves PK to 5 students.
To find an updated listing of all Bellaire real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Energy Corridor Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Energy Corridor.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.