Energy Corridor Homes For Sale Under $500k
Located along Katy Freeway (I-10), the Energy Corridor is one of West Houston’s fastest growing real estate markets.
The district is one of the largest job centers in Houston, owing to the several notable energy and oil companies based in the area.
Energy Corridor homes for sale offer not only great access to workplaces, but also to commercial and retail hubs, outdoor recreational hotspots, and excellent schools.
The Energy Corridor is zoned to the Houston ISD, the Katy ISD, and the Spring Branch ISD. Various daycare centers and private schools are also located in the area.
Properties in the district are generally more affordable than comparable units in Inner Loop neighborhoods. A good number of Energy Corridor homes are available for under $500k, including a variety of single-family homes and townhomes.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling an Energy Corridor townhome.
Energy Corridor Houston Resources:
- Energy Corridor Neighborhood Guide
- All Energy Corridor Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Energy Corridor Homes For Sale
- Energy Corridor Houston Maps
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Energy Corridor Houston homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com
Energy Corridor Houston Homes Guide
The Energy Corridor provides a good balance between “work and play”. Residents enjoy living near job centers and living near entertainment and recreational hubs.
With nearly 26,000 acres of urban park areas adjacent to the district, Energy Corridor residents get easy access to trails, golf courses, and parks. Retail and dining establishments can also be found in and around the district.
Conveniently zoned to three school districts, the Energy Corridor is home to award-winning and top ranked schools, including Barbara Bush Elementary, Westside High School, and Stratford High School.
The 1.700-acre district started in the 1970s, when Shell Oil Company and Conoco established campus facilities along a stretch of the Katy Freeway between Beltway 8 and Grand Parkway. Several companies followed suit, and in 2001, the Energy Corridor was officially established as a municipal management district.
The Energy Corridor offers some of the most competitive prices in Houston, featuring great options including single-family homes and townhomes.
Energy Corridor Schools
The Energy Corridor is served by three different school districts: the Houston ISD, the Katy ISD, and the Spring Branch ISD.
HISD serves the residents of AMLI on Eldridge Parkway, San Paloma, and Village on the Parkway. KISD serves the eastern IH-10/Park Ten area including Empirian at Park Row, Heritage at Park Row, Legends at Park Ten, Park Place Apartments, Stone Oak Apartments, and Promenade at Memorial. The Spring Branch ISD has Village on the Memorial Townhomes.
Here are some of the most notable public schools zoned to the Energy Corridor:
- Nottingham Elementary at 570 Nottingham Oaks. This PK to 5 public school is under the Spring Branch ISD. Nottingham Elementary has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon school, with a “Recognized” TEA ranking.
- Barbara Bush Elementary at 13800 Westerloch Drive. Also known as BBE, this coeducational school is under the Houston Independent School District. It serves 698 students in grades PK to 5. It has an Exemplary AEIS rating and a 10 out of 10 rating at GreatSchools.org.
- Thornwood Elementary at 14400 Fern. From the Spring Branch ISD, Thornwood Elementary serves students in grades PK to 5. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 6 out of 10.
- Ray K. Daily Elementary at 12909 Briar Forrest. Ray Daily Elementary is a coeducational public school from the HISD. It was named after a former HISD board member who advocated for special education, reading, and industrial arts education programs. It serves PK to 6 students and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 7 out of 10.
- Maurice L. Wolfe Elementary at 502 Addicks Howell. This K-5 public school from the Katy ISD has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon school in 1998-99. It has a 6 out of 10 rating at GreatSchools.org.
- Spring Forest Middle School at 14240 Memorial. This school is under the Spring Branch ISD. It serves students in grades 6 to 8 and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 6 out of 10. It has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon school from 1994 to 1996.
- West Briar Middle School at 13733 Briarhurst. This coed public school is from the HISD. Serving grade 6 to 8 students, it has a 7 out of 10 GreatSchools.org rating.
- Westside High School at 14201 Briar Forest. HISD’s Westside High School is a magnet school for Integrated Technology. The program takes five different strands: Fine Arts, Business, Media Relations, Applied Science/Health Science, and Computing Sciences. It also offers an advanced placement program. It has a 7/10 GreatSchools.org rating and is one of the top high schools in the United States.
- Stratford High School at 14555 Fern Street. Stratford High, under the Spring Branch ISD, features great academics, athletics, and Fine Arts programs. It has received various awards and has been featured with top ranking high schools. Like Westside, it also offers AP courses in addition to several foreign language programs.
Energy Corridor is also home to excellent private schools. Listed below are some of them:
- Westlake Child Development Center at 540 Westlake Park. This is a private nonsectarian preschool. It has a community rating of 3/5 at GreatSchools.org.
- Memorial Private High School at 14333 Fern Drive. It is a private school that offers an accelerated Classical Program. It also has excellent arts, academics, and athletics programs.
- Westside Montessori School at 13555 Briar Forrest. This is a coed, nonsectarian Montessori school that serves PK to 5 students.
To find an updated listing of all Energy Corridor real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Energy Corridor Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Energy Corridor Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop and the Energy Corridor.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.