Galleria Houston Homebuyers Guide
Nestled just outside the Inner Loop, the Galleria is one of Houston’s key destinations.
The district (also known as the Galleria/Uptown area) is the epicenter of Houston fashion and retail and one of the Bayou City’s central business districts.
Galleria homes for sale are in demand due to the district’s:
- Fantastic collection of luxury highrises: Galleria features upscale condo buildings like The Montebello, Cosmopolitan, Astoria and Villa d’Este. Residents enjoy 24-hour staff, guards, secure parking, gated entrance, building security, tennis courts, pools, saunas, fitness rooms, well-kept grounds, roof top decks, and more.
- Strategic location: Located a few miles west of Downtown Houston, the Galleria is along Loop 610 and the Southwest Freeway.
- Convenient accessibility: With its immediate access to two of Houston’s major freeways, important hotspots like the Medical Center and the Museum District are a short drive away from Galleria homes for sale. Several Houston main roads also line the district.
- Wide array of retail and dining options: Being Houston’s premiere destination for fashion and retail, the Galleria/Uptown area is home to more than 700 retail stores, hotels, fine dining restaurants, and sports and entertainment hubs.
- Variety of housing options: The Galleria features condos in luxury highrise buildings, townhomes in gated communities, and vintage patio homes. New construction custom-built homes are also available in the bustling neighborhood.
The Galleria’s central location, easy access to Inner Loop neighborhoods, and eclectic shopping and entertainment options make it a great choice for homebuyers. The best Houston realtor can provide updated information as well as recommendations in navigating this challenging market.
Galleria Houston Resources:
- Galleria Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive Galleria Homes For Sale
- Galleria Homes Under $1,000,000
- All Galleria Condos Buildings
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Galleria homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-425-4194 or email [email protected]
Neighborhood Guide: Galleria Houston
Located west of Loop 610 and north of the Southwest Freeway, the Galleria has Tanglewood, Briargrove, Afton Oaks, River Oaks, and city of Bellaire nearby. (Click here for an Interactive Map of Houston Neighborhoods.)
The district, more commonly known as the Galleria/Uptown area, is a bustling urban neighborhood known for its shopping centers, posh residential condos, and hotels. With more than 23 million square feet of office space, the Galleria is one of Houston’s central business districts.
Plans for the Galleria can be traced back to the 1940s, when oil tycoon Glenn H. McCarthy developed a concept for a retail and hotel complex in Houston. McCarthy eventually scrapped the project and real estate magnate Gerald D. Hines took over the massive development.
The huge shopping center initially featured 600,000 square feet of retail space, though several expansions later, the Galleria now features more than 5 million square feet of retail space.
The area is known for its luxury highrises (see Galleria condos), though other housing options like townhomes and single-family homes are also available in the Galleria.
The Galleria Houston is within the 77056 zip code of Harris County.
Fun Things To Do In And Around Galleria
As Houston’s main destination for retail, there is no shortage of fun things to do within the Galleria/Uptown area.
There’s the Galleria itself. It is the largest mall in Texas, with over 375 stores. With 2.4 million square feet of total retail area, its sheer size is rivaled only by 7 other retail centers in the United States. Its current anchor stores include Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy’s, and Nordstrom.
The Galleria also features over 50 restaurants, a jogging track on the roof, a skating rink, and various other entertainment and dining options.
Located just north of the Galleria is Uptown Park, an open European-style shopping center. It offers a pedestrian-friendly vibe, and features several upscale retail, service, and entertainment centers. Must-visit stores in Uptown Park include Facade, Longoria Collection, Mint Kids & Baby, M Penner, and Elizabeth Anthony Esther, among others.
Should residents find those two retail centers lacking, there are plenty of other options within minutes of the Galleria, including Rice Village and Highland Village.
Here are some of Galleria Houston must-visit places:
- Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
- Pappas Bros Steakhouse
- Maggiano’s Little Italy
- De Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- The Capital Grille
- True Food Kitchen
- Etoile Cuisine et Bar
- Firehouse Saloon
- Muldoon’s the Patio
- The Black Swan
- The Living Room
- The West End
- Ron’s Pub
- Richmond Arms Pub
- 51fifteen Restaurant and Lounge
Retail and Entertainment Centers
- The Galleria
- Uptown Park
- Rice Village
- Uptown Collection
- Highland Village
- BLVD Place
- Whole Foods
- The Fresh Market
- Randalls Food & Pharmacy
- Westcreek Market and Deli
- Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park
- Post Oak Park
- Grady Park
- Hidalgo Park
Galleria Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Galleria Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194.