Galleria Houston Homes For Sale Under $1M
One of Houston’s most accessible neighborhoods, the Galleria’s world-class retail draws in the crowd – though that’s not all there is to it.
Located just outside the Inner Loop, the Galleria is a bustling mixed-use district. Interspersed among the area’s many hotels, shopping malls, restaurants, and offices are Galleria homes and townhomes.
Rounding up the district’s wide variety of housing options are its upscale residential highrises. Among the Houston’s best in terms of location and amenities, Galleria condos include Cosmopolitan, Astoria, The Montebello, and Villa d’Este.
As one of the Bayou City’s central business districts, the Galleria/Uptown area features more than 20 million square feet of office space. The district also features more than 700 retailers, restaurants, and entertainment hubs – all within a stone’s throw away from Galleria homes for sale.
The district also features excellent access to other key Houston centers, including Downtown, the Medical Center, and the Museum District, via the Southwest Freeway, Loop 610, and the many main roads that line the area.
Contact Paige Martin, one of the best realtors in Houston, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Galleria home.
Galleria Houston Resources:
- Galleria Neighborhood Guide
- All Galleria Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Galleria Homes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Galleria homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Galleria homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com
Galleria Houston Neighborhood Guide
Located northwest of the West Loop (Loop 610) and Highway 59 (Southwest Fwy) intersection, the Galleria/Uptown area is just outside the Inner Loop, a few miles west of Downtown Houston.
As one of Houston’s most visited districts, the Galleria sees about 35 million visitors annually. Its sprawling shopping complexes – Uptown Park and the Galleria itself – have a total of about 5 million square feet of retail space.
Galleria homes for sale don’t just enjoy being practically next to Texas’ largest shopping mall, they also have excellent access to the rest of the Greater Houston area. The district is near other Houston neighborhoods including Tanglewood, Briargrove, Afton Oaks, and River Oaks. (See our Interactive Map of Houston Neighborhoods.)
The Galleria wasn’t always the popular neighborhood it is today. It was only during the late 60s that the Galleria’s development into a shopping and hotel complex started in earnest. This also bled into the district’s urban and residential development.
Today, the Galleria offers a bevy of housing options – from custom-built homes to townhomes in gated communities. The area is quite known for its upscale condominiums with luxury amenities like 24/7 security, parking, staff, private pools, tennis courts, and fitness centers.
Galleria Houston is under the 77096 Harris County zip code.
Galleria Schools Information
The Galleria/Uptown area is zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
- Briargrove Elementary School at 6145 San Felipe St. Briargrove, a newly minted International Baccalaureate World School, now offers the IB Primary Years Programme(PYP). Apart from the new program, Briargrove also features enrichment classes in music, science lab, art, and critical thinking lab, among others.
- St. George Place Elementary School at 5430 Hidalgo St. St. George Place Elementary is also one of the HISD’s IB World Schools. It also offers a Vanguard neighborhood program for G/T students, ESL, and special special education programs. It features various enrichment courses and after school activities.
- Briarmeadow Charter School at 3601 Dunvale Rd. Students within the Galleria can choose instead to apply to Briarmeadow, a charter school serving grades Pre-K through 8. The school offers Pre-AP Placement and Gifted programs.
- Grady Middle School at 5215 San Felipe St. Established in 1929, Grady Middle School offers several academic programs including core enrichment and Gifted and Talented. Grady also has baseball, basketball, cheerleading, wrestling, volleyball, and soccer teams, among others.
- Lee High School at 6529 Beverly Hill St. Lee offers an advanced placement curriculum where students can earn college level credits in World History, Macroeconomics, Calculus AB and BC, Spanish Literature, Environmental Science, and Physics B, among other subjects.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. As one of the Houston ISD’s International Baccalaureate schools, Lamar has one of the largest IB programs in North America. It also offers a neighborhood program and an Advanced Placement program. The school also offers a great athletics program, with its football team (Lamar Texans, formerly Redskins) reaching the playoffs 30 times.
- Westside High School at 14201 Briar Forest Dr. As the Houston ISD’s Magnet School for Integrated Technology, Westside’s curriculum centers on 5 aspects: Media Relations, Applied Science/Health Science, Fine Arts, Business, and Computing Sciences.
Galleria Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Galleria.
- St. Michael School at 1833 Sage Rd.
- Strake Jesuit College Preparatory at 8900 Bellaire Blvd.
- Saint Agnes Academy at 9000 Bellaire Blvd.
- Al-Hadi School of Accelerative Learning at S Voss Rd.
- The Awty International School at 7455 Awty School Ln.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln.
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Dr.
To find an updated listing of all Galleria real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Galleria Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Galleria Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Galleria.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.