Garden Oaks homes for lease are normally between $2,000 to $4,000 per month. The neighborhood is just off 610 Loop, providing residents easy access to Houston’s main districts particularly Galleria and Downtown Houston.
A very active homeowners association manages Garden Oaks. The group handles organization of activities in the neighborhood, maintenance of facilities, and oversees residential and commercial developments.
Garden Oaks homes are near to numerous parks and commercial establishments, as well as schools, churches and hospitals.
See all Garden Oaks homes for rent below.
For more information on available Garden Oaks homes for lease, call Paige Martin at
713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Overview: Garden Oaks Homes
Garden Oaks is a Houston neighborhood of nearly 1400 homes located north of the North Loop (610), and bordered by Ella Blvd. to the west and Yale St. to the east.
Nestled among towering pines and grand magnolias, Garden Oaks feature cottages, bungalows, ranch-, and traditional-style homes. New construction single-family and townhomes are common in Garden Oaks too.
Garden Oaks homes have seen significant appreciation and development over the past decade. Median sale price last year is roughly $300,000, but properties range from under $200,000 to over $1,000,000.
With a 62 Walkability score, Garden Oaks gets a “Somewhat Walkable” rating from Walkscore. The ranking suggests that basic errands (such as shopping, dining, etc) are doable on foot.
There are about 420 restaurants, bars and coffee shops in the Garden Oaks/Oak Forest area (these neighborhoods are right next to each other). Garden Oaks residents can walk to an average of 0.9 restaurants, bars and coffee shops in 5 minutes.
Its 59/100 “Bikeable rating” is also above average. Yelp.com has over 230 rated establishments in the Garden Oaks area.
Notable commercial establishments include:
- Facundo Cafe ( Breakfast & Brunch, Burgers, Coffee) at 3103 Ella Blvd.
- Shepherd Park Draught House (American Gastropub) at 3402 N Shepherd
- Plonk! Beer & Wine Bistro (Wine Bar) at 1214 W 43rd St
- Petrol Station (Restaurant, Bar) at 985 Wakefield Dr
- Little Bitty Burger Barn (Burgers) at 5503 Pinemont Dr
Many recreational parks are located within/near Garden Oaks. Garden Oaks residents are only a few minutes away from biking trails, picnic destinations, and scenic jogging trails.
Parks in Garden Oaks include:
- T.C.Jester Park at 4201 T C Jester Blvd
- Oak Forest Park at 2100 Judiway
- Lamonte Park at 3737 Watonga Blvd
- Graham Park at 540 W. 34th St.
- Shepherd Park at 4725 Brinkman
- Candlelight Park at 1520 Candlelight Ln.
- American Legion Park at 3621 Golf Dr.
- Mangum Manor Park at 5235 Saxon
- Watonga Parkway at 4100 Watonga Blvd