Highland Village Houston Homebuyers Guide
Highland Village is a small, peaceful community of single-family homes located about 6 miles from Downtown Houston.
Highland Village homes for sale are constantly in high demand due to the neighborhood’s:
- Excellent location: The Museum District, the Galleria, and the Greenway Plaza/Upper Kirby. Downtown Houston and the Medical Center, are mere minutes away from the neighborhood.
- Convenient accessibility: The neighborhood is along Westheimer Road, one of Houston’s main roads. Via Westheimer, Highland Village homes have immediate access to Loop 610 (West Loop) and Southwest Freeway.
- Several shopping options: Highland Village, better known for the pedestrian-friendly shopping center at the heart of the neighborhood, has plenty of retail and entertainment options nearby. Upscale boutiques, a wide selection of restaurants and bars, and other retail stores are practically right next door from the neighborhood’s homes.
- Vintage and new homes: Made up of about 83 homesites, Highland Village is relatively small compared to its more affluent neighbors, River Oaks and Upper Kirby. The neighborhood does, however, feature a great selection of older ranch-style homes and newer custom-built homes.
- Access to great schools: Highland Village is zoned to three of the HISD’s International Baccalaureate schools: St. George Place Elementary, Lanier Middle, and Lamar High School.
Like its neighbors, Highland Village adheres to deed restrictions that help in keeping the community’s look and feel.
Contact Paige Martin, a top-ranked Houston realtor and head of the Houston Properties Team for questions and advice about Highland Village homes for sale.
Highland Village Houston Resources:
- Highland Village Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive Highland Village Homes For Sale
- Highland Village Houston Maps
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Highland Village homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Neighborhood Guide: Highland Village Houston
Surrounded by affluent neighborhoods, upscale shopping centers, and various dining and entertainment venues, the community is at the center of it all. Schools, parks, restaurants, grocery stores, and activity centers are within minutes of Highland Village homes.
The neighborhood’s location along Westheimer Road (and its proximity to Loop 610 and Southwest Freeway) provides great access to key Houston districts like the Galleria, the Museum District, and Downtown.
During the 1940s, S.N. Adams developed both the Highland Village Shopping Center and the neighborhood, naming both for his native Scotland.
A number of the original traditional ranch-style homes built during the period still stand. These homes have, of course, been updated and carefully maintained. Others have since been torn down to make way for larger, custom-built homes. Newer homes are typically more expensive than vintage Highland Village homes for sale.
Due to the neighborhood’s deed restrictions, Highland Village homes are mostly detached single-family homes.
Prices can start at $400,000, though the most expensive Highland Village real estate can sell for more than $2.5M.
Highland Village is within the 77027 zip code of Harris County.
Highland Village Houston Schools Information
Zoned to Houston Independent School District (HISD), students of Highland Village can attend the following public schools:
- St. George Place Elementary School at 5430 Hidalgo St. Along with an IB program, St. George Place Elementary also features a Vanguard neighborhood program for gifted and talented students, an ESL program, and special education programs.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. Located in Montrose/Neartown, Lanier is an IB World School as well as a Vanguard magnet school. It also features exemplary fine arts and athletics programs. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. One of Houston’s International Baccalaureate schools, Lamar boasts of having the most number of students to graduate with IB diplomas in the state. Lamar also features a Business Administration magnet program and a number of AP programs.
Highland Village Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Highland Village.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln. Named one of “America’s Elite Prep Schools” by Forbes and “the best private school in Houston” by the New York Times, St. John’s is one of the Bayou City’s most prestigious private schools. Known for its academic excellence and selectivity, St. John’s was founded in 1946 and has a rivalry with The Kinkaid School.
To find an updated listing of all Highland Village real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Fun Things To Do In And Around Highland Village
Highland Village’s location along Westheimer Road gives its residents great access to Houston’s best shopping, entertainment, and dining centers.
The eponymous Highland Village is perhaps the neighborhood’s best landmark. The 50-year old shopping center was developed with the surrounding neighborhoods in mind. Today, it’s still a destination for its upscale boutiques, great collection of restaurants, and its variety of specialty stores.
Here are some of the must-visit spots in and around Highland Village Houston:
- Smith & Wollensky
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro
- UP Restaurant
- RA Sushi
- Seasons 52
- Liberty Kitchen
- Weslayan Cafe
- Relish Fine Foods
- Pizzeria Solario
- Tiny Boxwoods
- Healthy Cow Pizza
- Frank’s Americana Revival
- Bayou City Seafood and Pasta
- The Hideout Lounge
- The Railyard
- Dexel House
- Revolve Kitchen and Bar
- The Cellar Bar
Retail and Entertainment Centers
- Highland Village Shopping Center
- River Oaks Shopping Center
- The Galleria
- Uptown Park
- Rice Village
- Revival Market
- Whole Foods Market
- HEB’s Central Market
- Memorial Park
- Highland Village Park
- Spotts Park
In Memorial Park
- River Oaks Park
- Memorial Park
- Levy Park
- Menil Park
Highland Village Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Highland Village Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.