Highland Village Houston Homes For Sale Under $1M
There’s a lot to love about the small community of Highland Village: great location, excellent schools, easy accessibility.
Its beautiful homes and proximity to key Houston districts also add to the neighborhood’s overall appeal.
Located a stone’s throw away from Westheimer Road, Highland Village homes have immediate access to both Loop 610 and the Southwest Freeway.
Residents enjoy easy access to restaurants, schools, parks, recreation areas, boutiques, museums, and bars, among other things.
Commuting to and from Houston’s major job centers is also relatively easy from the neighborhood.
Highland Village is zoned to three of the Houston ISD’s International Baccalaureate schools, namely St. George Place Elementary, Lanier Middle School, and Lamar High School.
Highland Village features a quaint collection of traditional and ranch-style homes from the 40s and 50s, alongside newer and bigger custom-built homes.
Contact Paige Martin, one of the best realtors in Houston, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Highland Village home.
Highland Village Houston Resources:
- Highland Village Neighborhood Guide
- All Highland Village Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Highland Village Homes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Highland Village homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Highland Village homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com
Highland Village Houston Neighborhood Guide
Made up of about 83 homesites, Highland Village is a deed-restricted neighborhood just off of Westheimer Road.
Centrally located, Highland Village homes have schools, restaurants, boutiques, shopping centers, parks, entertainment hubs, and job centers nearby. The neighborhood’s proximity to main roads and freeways also provides easy access to key Houston districts like Downtown, Medical Center, the Galleria, and the Museum District.
During the 40s and early 50s, the Highland Village Shopping Center (better known simply as Highland Village) was developed along Westheimer Road to cater to the affluent neighborhoods in the surrounding areas. The developer, S.N. Adams, also created the quaint neighborhood during the same period and named both projects after his native Scotland.
Today, some of the neighborhood’s original traditional and ranch-style homes still stand, though most have been renovated and updated. Some vintage Highland Village homes, however, have since been torn down and replaced with custom-built homes.
Prices in the area depend on lot and home size, age and condition of the home, and location. Older homes tend to sell for lower prices, while newer construction command higher asking prices.
Highland Village Houston is under the 77027 Harris County zip code.
Highland Village Schools Information
Zoned to Houston Independent School District (HISD), students of Highland Village can attend the following public schools:
- St. George Place Elementary School at 5430 Hidalgo St. Along with an IB program, St. George Place Elementary also features a Vanguard neighborhood program for gifted and talented students, an ESL program, and special education programs.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. Located in Montrose/Neartown, Lanier is an IB World School as well as a Vanguard magnet school. It also features exemplary fine arts and athletics programs. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. One of Houston’s International Baccalaureate schools, Lamar boasts of having the most number of students to graduate with IB diplomas in the state. Lamar also features a Business Administration magnet program and a number of AP programs.
Highland Village Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Highland Village.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln. Named one of “America’s Elite Prep Schools” by Forbes and “the best private school in Houston” by the New York Times, St. John’s is one of the Bayou City’s most prestigious private schools. Known for its academic excellence and selectivity, St. John’s was founded in 1946 and has a rivalry with The Kinkaid School.
To find an updated listing of all Highland Village real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Highland Village Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Highland Village Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Highland Village.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.