Highland Village Houston Homes For Sale Under $500k
Highland Village is a small, deed-restricted neighborhood popular for its great location, excellent schools, and beautiful homes.
Located about 6 miles west of Downtown, Highland Village is highly accessible to and from key Houston neighborhoods.
Job centers in Downtown, the Medical Center, and the Greenway Plaza; retail hotspots in the Galleria/Uptown area; and entertainment venues in Montrose and Rice Military are all within minutes of Highland Village homes for sale.
Zoned to the Houston ISD, residents attend highly-rated schools Lamar High School, Lanier Middle School, and St. George Place Elementary. All three are International Baccalaureate World Schools and offer magnet and AP programs.
Highland Village features homes that date back to the 1940s and 50s. These original homes – carefully upgraded and maintained – have traditional and ranch-style designs. Some newer and larger single-family homes are also available within the neighborhood.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Highland Village townhome.
Highland Village Houston Resources:
- Highland Village Neighborhood Guide
- All Highland Village Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Highland Village Homes For Sale
- Highland Village Homes Under $1M
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Highland Village homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com
Highland Village Houston Neighborhood Guide
A stone’s throw away from Westheimer Road, Highland Village is a quaint neighborhood made up of about 83 homesites.
Surrounded by affluent and more established neighborhoods, Highland Village homes are centrally located near schools, parks, restaurants, bars, shopping centers, commercial establishments, and activity centers. The neighborhood is also mere minutes away from Loop 610 and the Southwest Freeway, providing convenient access to and from other Houston neighborhoods.
Built during the 1940s, the neighborhood’s developer, S.N. Adams, is also responsible for the Highland Village Shopping Center. Both projects had been named for Adams’ native Scotland.
Highland Village homes typically feature traditional and ranch architectural styles, with 3- or 4-bedroom floor plans. A majority of the neighborhood’s vintage homes still stand, though others have since been torn down to make way from newer and larger homes.
Highland Village Houston is located within the 77027 Harris County zip code.
Highland Village Schools Information
Zoned to Houston Independent School District (HISD), students of Highland Village can attend the following public schools:
- St. George Place Elementary School at 5430 Hidalgo St. Along with an IB program, St. George Place Elementary also features a Vanguard neighborhood program for gifted and talented students, an ESL program, and special education programs.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. Located in Montrose/Neartown, Lanier is an IB World School as well as a Vanguard magnet school. It also features exemplary fine arts and athletics programs. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. One of Houston’s International Baccalaureate schools, Lamar boasts of having the most number of students to graduate with IB diplomas in the state. Lamar also features a Business Administration magnet program and a number of AP programs.
Highland Village Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Highland Village.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln. Named one of “America’s Elite Prep Schools” by Forbes and “the best private school in Houston” by the New York Times, St. John’s is one of the Bayou City’s most prestigious private schools. Known for its academic excellence and selectivity, St. John’s was founded in 1946 and has a rivalry with The Kinkaid School.
To find an updated listing of all Highland Village real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Highland Village Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Highland Village, Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Highland Village.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals