Hyde Park Homes For Sale Under $1M
A historic and culturally diverse neighborhood, Hyde Park is a deed-restricted, mostly residential enclave within the confines of Neartown/Montrose.
Apart from convenient access to Houston’s business and job centers, Hyde Park homes for sale are also located near dining, retail, and entertainment options. With Montrose’s lively street scene and nightlife, residents have a number of bars, cafes, restaurants, and lounges from which to choose.
Hyde Park homes are just a few blocks away from the River Oaks Shopping Center, while the Galleria is a short drive away.
Another factor that makes Hyde Park an ideal choice is the neighborhood’s great selection of homes. With housing options ranging from updated patio homes, townhomes and condos, and new construction single-family homes, it won’t be too hard to find something that suits a homebuyer’s needs and wants.
Mirroring Montrose’s steady real estate appreciation, Hyde Park also features some of the fastest growing real estate markets in the Inner Loop.
Due to increased demand and new developments in the area, the market can be challenging to navigate, so homebuyers should consult with the best Hyde Park Houston realtor for advice and updated information.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Hyde Park townhome.
Hyde Park Houston Resources:
- Hyde Park Neighborhood Guide
- All Hyde Park Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Hyde Park Homes For Sale
- Hyde Park Houston Maps
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Hyde Park homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Hyde Park homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com
Hyde Park Houston Neighborhood Guide
Hyde Park is one of the neighborhoods that make up the Montrose/Neartown area. It is roughly located in the area between Gray Street, Montrose Boulevard, Westheimer Road, and Shepherd Drive.
The neighborhood’s central location within the Inner Loop gives it convenient access to and from key areas – it has Downtown Houston and Midtown to the east, Rice Military to the north, and Upper Kirby and River Oaks to the west.
Founded at the turn of the 20th century, Hyde Park is one of Houston’s oldest neighborhoods. It was originally a part of Mirabeau B. Lamar’s property and was later on bought and developed by Houston Land Corporation’s J. W. Link.
Hyde Park homes reflect some of the neighborhood’s history – with some vintage homes still scattered around the area. These patio homes, some of which date back to 1913, are either lovingly maintained and updated or torn down to make way for newer development.
During the 1990s and 2000s, Hyde Park underwent some development, including custom-built homes, midrise condos, and townhomes. These, interspersed with the neighborhood’s classic homes, define much of Hyde Park’s look and feel today.
Hyde Park is within the 77006 and 77019 zip code of Harris County.
Hyde Park Schools Information
Hyde Park is zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
- MacGregor Elementary School at 4801 La Branch St. Founded in 1922, MacGregor Elementary is a music and science magnet academy serving students in grades EE to 5. Apart from its magnet programs, MacGregor also offers an Extended Day program.
- Wharton Dual Language Academy at 900 W Gray St. Wharton is a dual language magnet school that caters to both K-5 and 6-8 students. It features a curriculum that incorporates Spanish and English. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Wilson Montessori at 2100 Yupon St. Located in the Neartown/Montrose area, Wilson offers a Montessori program for students in grades PK to 8. The school is famous for being built on the former site of Mirabeau Lamar’s summer farm home.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. Lanier is both a Vanguard magnet and an International Baccalaureate Middle Years World School. It was awarded with Texas Gold Performance Award and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out of 10.
- Gregory-Lincoln Education Center at 1101 Taft. Located in the Fourth Ward, GLEC serves grades Pre-K to 8 students. It features a fine arts program as well as classes in vocal and instrumental music, dance, theater, visual arts, multimedia arts, and culinary arts.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Home to the Lamar Texans (formerly known as the Redskins), this secondary school is considered to have one of the best athletics programs in Houston. It has one of the oldest lacrosse teams in the state and offers a great academics programs as well. It features International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, business magnet, and Advanced Placement programs.
- High School for the Performing and Visual Arts at 4001 Stanford St. The HSPVA – or simply, PVA – is divided into 6 departments, namely instrumental music, vocal music, dance, theater, visual arts, and creative writing. Creative writing is a relatively new addition.
Hyde Park also features several private schools. Here are some of them:
- Annunciation Orthodox School at 3600 Yoakum Blvd.
- The Harris School at 900 Lovett Blvd.
- Avalon Academy at 1616 Indiana St.
- Kipling Street Academy at 1425 Kipling St.
- School For Young Children at 810 Sul Ross St.
- St Stephens Episcopal School at 1800 Sul Ross St.
To find an updated listing of all Hyde Park real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Hyde Park Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Hyde Park Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.