Lynn Park Houston Neighborhood Guide
Lynn Park is a small deed-restricted community located 4.3 miles southwest of Downtown Houston.
Originally one of the few exclusive enclaves built around the heart of Houston, Lynn Park features tranquil community living within a prestigious location.
- GREAT LOCATION: Well within the Inner Loop, Lynn Park features close proximity to stores, restaurants and entertainment centers, including the upscale Highland Village Shopping Center and the Galleria.
- CONVENIENT ACCESS: Located near major roads and thoroughfares, Lynn Park homes are minutes away from Southwest Fwy, Loop 610, and I-10, giving it convenient access to key Houston areas such as Downtown Houston and Texas Medical Center.
- LUSH SURROUNDINGS: Lynn Park homes are nestled under gorgeous 50- to 60-year-old hardwood trees. The neighborhood is also minutes away from the outdoor recreational facilities of Hermann Park and Memorial Park.
- SECURE COMMUNITY: Lynn Park features a private gated entry to the neighborhood, round-the-clock community police presence, and other security features.
Similar to nearby Highland Village and Afton Oaks, Lynn Park features an active civic organization that upholds covenant restrictions to maintain the look and feel of the community. Homebuyers will benefit from the help of an experienced Lynn Park realtor who knows the neighborhood, deed restrictions, and non-MLS inventory.
For any inquiries about Lynn Park homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Teamm and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Lynn Park Resources (Popular Topics)
- All Lynn Park Homes For Sale
- 12 Things Lynn Park Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Fun things to do in Lynn Park
- Neighborhoods near Lynn Park
- Lynn Park Schools
- Paige Martin – Top Ranked Lynn Park Realtor
Call Paige at 713-425-4194 to tour a Lynn Park Houston home today or email [email protected] for more information.
Nestled between the Galleria and River Oaks, Lynn Park is one of Inner Loop’s older neighborhoods.
- Lynn Park real estate features close proximity to world-class retail, business and employment hubs, parks, and numerous entertainment and dining options.
- With immediate access to Southwest Freeway, Loop 610, and I-10, the neighborhood is minutes away from key Houston areas like Downtown Houston and Texas Medical Center.
- Homes in the neighborhood are within a few blocks to some of Houston’s retail and entertainment destinations, including Highland Village Shopping Center, the Galleria, and River Oaks Shopping Center.
- Lynn Park features tree-lined streets of mostly 50-60 year old hardwoods, giving the neighborhood a homey curb appeal.
- With original homes mostly built in the 1940s and 1950s, Lynn Park features remodeled ranch-style homes and updated 2- and 3-story homes.
- Lynn Park real estate has shown strong price per square foot appreciation in the last ten years.
- Homes in the area typically sit on spacious lots, with sizes ranging from 7,700 to 8,500 square feet.
- Like most Inner Loop neighborhoods, some of Lynn Park’s original homes have been torn down to make way for larger updated homes.
- Thanks to its active Civic Association, Lynn Park has remained a peaceful enclave amidst the busyness of its neighboring areas.
- Older Lynn Park home sizes range between 1,400 to 2,600 square feet. Remodeled and updated homes can offer up to 5,100 square feet of living space.
- Most homes in the neighborhood features three- to four-bedroom plans, with 1- to 3-story home options.
- Prices for Lynn Park homes for sale can start around $500,000 up to north of $1 million.
Owing to its location, Lynn Park residents have easy access to the best Houston has to offer.
With most of Houston’s best retail and entertainment hotspots minutes away from the neighborhood, residents have thousands of options within a 1 mile radius. The more popular choices are the upscale establishments of the Galleria, River Oaks Shopping Center, Highland Village Shopping Center, and Rice Village.
Lynn Park is also only a few minutes from one of the largest urban parks in the country, Memorial Park. The park offers many indoor and outdoor recreational facilities such as a public golf course, tennis courts, sports fields, playgrounds, a swimming pool, an arboretum, and jogging and biking trails.
Other places to visit within Lynn Park Houston include:
- Lululemon Athletica
- World Market
- Bike Barn
- Uptown Sushi
- Weslayan Café
- Tiny Boxwood’s Café
- Relish Fine Foods
- Snap Kitchen
- Revival Market
- Whole Foods Market
- HEB’s Central Market
- Memorial Park
- Hermann Park
- Highland Village Park
Neighborhoods near Lynn Park include:
- River Oaks
- Galleria / Uptown
- Afton Oaks
- Highland Village
- Memorial Park
- Rice Military
- West University
- Upper Kirby
Lynn Park homes are zoned to Houston Independent School District (HISD) and students in the area can attend the following public schools:
- St. George Place Elementary School at 5430 Hidalgo St. St. George Place Elementary School is an IB Candidate and TEA Exemplary school. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 7/10.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodland. Sidney Lanier Middle School handles students from grades 6 to 8. They received a Texas Gold Performance Award based on language arts, math, reading, science, social studies, and writing in 2011. They also have a Vanguard program for gifted students. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Lamar High School has a great Athletics program. They have one of the oldest lacrosse programs in the state. Their football team is one of the highest-ranking teams within the Greater Houston area. It has GreatSchools.org rating of 7/10.
To find an updated listing of all Lynn Park real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Houston and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Lynn Park, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Lynn Park Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at[email protected] or 713-425-4194.