Medical Center Area Luxury Real Estate
The Medical Center Area, also known as the TMC or Med Center, is one of the largest medical hubs in the world.
With its hospitals, research centers, academic institutions, and support organizations, the Medical Center is a major employment center in Houston. Homes in and around the Medical Center Area are in high demand due to their:
- Prime location: The Medical Center Area enjoys a central location within the Inner Loop. The city’s main cultural hub and the Central Business District (the Museum District and Downtown Houston, respectively) are within minutes of the Medical Center.
- Great entertainment options: The NRG Stadium and the Hermann Park are highly accessible from the Medical Center Area. Notable areas within Hermann Park include the Hermann Park Golf Course and the Houston Zoo.
- High accessibility: The Medical Center Area is located along Southwest Freeway, South Freeway, and Loop 610. These major Houston thoroughfares provide residents with great access to other Inner Loop neighborhoods.
- Access to excellent schools: The TMC is zoned to the Houston Independent School District’s DeBakey High School, Lamar High School, and Whidby Elementary. Several universities and academic institutions are also located within the area.
- Wide range of housing options: The Medical Center Area features single-family patio homes, apartments, upscale condominiums, and luxury townhomes.
The Medical Center Area is a great option not only for those looking to live near workplaces, but also near entertainment and cultural hotspots.
Townhomes in gated communities are the Medical Center’s most popular housing option, though there are a number of options available. Due to new developments in the area, homebuyers will benefit from the advice and recommendations of a great Houston realtor.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for more information about Medical Center Area luxury real estate.
Medical Center Area Houston Resources:
- Medical Center Area Neighborhood Guide
- Medical Center Area Homes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Medical Center Area luxury real estate call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected].
Neighborhood Guide: Medical Center Area Houston
The Medical Center Area is centrally located within the Inner Loop. It is adjacent to the Museum District and Rice University to the west. Downtown Houston, Montrose, and Midtown are just across the Southwest Fwy to the north.
The Texas Medical Center was founded in 1945, through funding from the state of Texas and the M.D. Anderson Foundation.
Monroe Dunaway Anderson, a prominent businessman from Tennessee, left $19 million in his estate to his foundation. These funds helped create both the Texas Medical Center and the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
Today, the Medical Center Area spans more than 1,000-acres, with several member institutions. Approximately 100,000 employees, with 12,000 volunteers, work in the area.
Medical Center Area luxury homes are typically inside gated communities with 24/7 security. With access to amenities like pools and parks, these luxury homes present a great place to kick back and relax after a long day’s work.
Upscale condominiums are also available within and around the Medical Center Area.
With the Museum District, Downtown Houston, and the rest of the Inner Loop just next door, Medical Center Area homes present a triple treat: proximity to job centers, entertainment options, and cultural hubs.
The Texas Medical Center Area is under the 77030 and 77054 Harris County zip codes.
Fun to do in and around the Medical Center Area
The Medical Center Area is not all about the fine institutions and healthcare facilities. It also offers great entertainment options.
Its proximity to the Museum District give Houston Medical Center residents access to the city’s foremost arts and cultural center.
The Medical Center Area boasts of excellent access to entertainment hotspots like the NRG Stadium and Hermann Park as well.
The NRG Stadium, formerly known as Reliant Center, is a multi-purpose stadium. It is home to the Houston Texans and the Texas Bowl. The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is also held at NRG.
Hermann Park is one of the city’s most visited public parks. The 445-acre park features the Houston Zoo, Houston Garden Center, Miller Outdoor Theatre, Houston Museum of Natural Science, and the Hermann Park Golf Course.
Here are some of the best places to visit in and around the Medical Center Area:
In Hermann Park
- Hermann Park Golf Course
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Houston Zoo
- Houston Garden Center
- Miller Outdoor Theatre
- Chacho’s – Loop 610
- Hank’s Ice Cream Parlor
- Mo’s Knockout Grill
- Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
- Pappasito’s Cantina
- Smash Burger
- Trevisio Restaurant and Conference Center
- Whataburger Restaurant
- M&M Grill
- Antone’s Import Co Original
- Le Donut
- Sleepy’ Po-Boys
- Houston’s Famous Deli
- Asahi Sushi
- Gus and Lyndall Wortham Park
- McGovern Centennial Gardens
- Old Braeswood Park
- Hermann Park
- Ross Dress for Less
- The Volunteer Gift Shops
- Texas Hookah
- Toys R Us
- Ten Thousand Villages
- Cavender’s Boot City
- Houston Maritime Museum
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Museum of Fine Arts Houston
- The Menil Collection
- Holocaust Museum
- Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
Medical Center Area Schools
The Medical Center is zoned to some of the best schools from the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
- Roberts Elementary School at 6000 Greenbriar Street. Oran M. Roberts Elementary School is both an IB World (International Baccalaureate) School and a Fine Arts Magnet school. It serves students in EE to 5 grade levels. It also offers a Vanguard Program.
- Whidby Elementary at 7625 Springhill. Whidby is a magnet school for “Leadership in Health Science.” Its academic program aims to prepare its students for a career in the medical field or their career of choice. It serves students from early education to 5.
- Cullen Middle School at 6900 Scott St. E. W. Cullen Middle School offers Pre-AP, Spanish, and Gifted and Talented academic programs. It also offers a music program as wells as an aquatic program.
- DeBakey High School for Health Professions at 3100 Shenandoah. Named after Michael E. DeBakey, a famous heart surgeon, DeBakey is a National Blue Ribbon School (1997-98, and 2003) that offers one of the best academic programs in Houston. It offers PAP classes and 18 AP classes.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Lamar is probably best known for its Athletics program. With one of the oldest lacrosse teams in Texas, this high school offers a variety of other sports. It is home to The Lamar Redskins, one of the highest-ranked teams in Greater Houston.
The Medical Center area has a number of early childhood and kindergarten schools. This includes:
- Children’s Hour Montessori School at 2227 Dorrington Street
- Sheridan Montessori School at 2433 Sheridan Street
- Diamond-A-Cat-A-Me at 6955 Almeda Road
- Creative Minds Development Center at 2479 S Braeswood Blvd.
The neighborhood has a number of private schools that offer primary and secondary education. Here are some of them:
- St. Nicholas School at 1920 North Braeswood Boulevard
- Beresford School at 2501 W Holcombe Boulevard
Higher academic institutions, mostly in the medical field are within the neighborhood. Among the most prominent are Baylor College of Medicine, the University of Houston, Rice University, and the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
To find an updated listing of all Medical Center Area real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Medical Center Area Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Medical Center Area Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.