Medical Center Area Homes For Sale Under $400K
As the world’s largest medical complex, the Texas Medical Center is one of Houston’s major employment centers.
Medical Center Area homes for sale are constantly in high demand due to the following:
- Great location: Aside from employment centers in the Medical Center Area, the district is also strategically located, with Downtown Houston, the Museum District, and Rice University a few minutes away.
- High accessibility: METRO bus lines and three METRORail stations serve the Medical Center Area. Three major freeways run along the district: Southwest Freeway, Loop 610, and South Freeway.
- Excellent schools: The Medical Center Area is zoned to great schools from the Houston ISD, including Lamar High School, DeBakey High School, and Whidby Elementary. Several medical schools are also located within the district.
- Access to entertainment and recreational hubs: With the Museum District, Hermann Park, and the NRG Stadium nearby, Medical Center Area homes have easy access to Houston’s best cultural, outdoor recreation, and sports hotspots.
The Medical Center Area features a number of housing options, including patio homes, single-family bungalows, townhomes, condos, and apartments.
New developments are featuring new townhomes and condos are ongoing. Homebuyers will greatly benefit from the help of an experienced Houston realtor for advice and recommendations.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Medical Center Area townhome.
Medical Center Area Houston Resources:
- Medical Center Area Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive Medical Center Area Homes For Sale
- All Medical Center Homes For Sale
- Best Neighborhoods Near Texas Medical Center
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Medical Center Area homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Medical Center Area homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-425-4194 or email [email protected]
Neighborhood Guide: Medical Center Area Houston
Three major thoroughfares connect the Medical Center Area to the rest of the Inner Loop neighborhoods: Southwest Fwy to the north, South Fwy to the east, and Loop 610 to the south. Several METRO bus lines run through the Medical Center Area.
Three METRORail stations, TMC Transit Center, Dryden/TMC Station, and Memorial Hermann Hospital/Houston Zoo Station, are within the district’s borders.
Also known as the Med Center and the TMC, the Texas Medical Center is the largest medical complex in the world. The M.D. Anderson Foundation was a significant patron during the TMC’s formative years.
Monroe Dunaway Anderson, a banker and cotton trader, formed his foundation with an initial $300,000. Upon his death, the foundation received an additional $19 million from Anderson’s estate. The M.D. Anderson Foundation went on to partly fund both the Texas Medical Center and the University of Texas Cancer Research Center.
Today, the Medical Center Area is home to member hospitals, academic institutions, healthcare centers, research centers, and support organizations.
Medical Center Area homes for sale offer an ideal mixture: proximity to job centers, entertainment hotspots, and great schools. The district has attracted the attention of property developers, and some new construction townhomes, condos, and apartments are in the works.
The Texas Medical Center Area is under the 77030 and 77054 Harris County zip codes.
Neighborhoods near Medical Center Area homes
Neighborhoods near Medical Center Area include:
- Medical Center South
- Museum District
- University Area
- West University
- Downtown Houston
- Southside Place
Medical Center Area Schools
The Medical Center is zoned to some of the best schools from the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
- Roberts Elementary School at 6000 Greenbriar Street. Oran M. Roberts Elementary School is both an IB World (International Baccalaureate) School and a Fine Arts Magnet school. It serves students in EE to 5 grade levels. It also offers a Vanguard Program.
- Whidby Elementary at 7625 Springhill. Whidby is a magnet school for “Leadership in Health Science.” Its academic program aims to prepare its students for a career in the medical field or their career of choice. It serves students from early education to 5.
- Cullen Middle School at 6900 Scott St. E. W. Cullen Middle School offers Pre-AP, Spanish, and Gifted and Talented academic programs. It also offers a music program as wells as an aquatic program.
- DeBakey High School for Health Professions at 3100 Shenandoah. Named after Michael E. DeBakey, a famous heart surgeon, DeBakey is a National Blue Ribbon School (1997-98, and 2003) that offers one of the best academic programs in Houston. It offers PAP classes and 18 AP classes.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Lamar is probably best known for its Athletics program. With one of the oldest lacrosse teams in Texas, this high school offers a variety of other sports. It is home to The Lamar Redskins, one of the highest-ranked teams in Greater Houston.
The Medical Center area has a number of early childhood and kindergarten schools. This includes:
- Children’s Hour Montessori School at 2227 Dorrington Street
- Sheridan Montessori School at 2433 Sheridan Street
- Diamond-A-Cat-A-Me at 6955 Almeda Road
- Creative Minds Development Center at 2479 S Braeswood Blvd.
The neighborhood has a number of private schools that offer primary and secondary education. Here are some of them:
- St. Nicholas School at 1920 North Braeswood Boulevard
- Beresford School at 2501 W Holcombe Boulevard
Higher academic institutions, mostly in the medical field are within the neighborhood. Among the most prominent are Baylor College of Medicine, the University of Houston, Rice University, and the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
To find an updated listing of all Medical Center Area real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Medical Center Area Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Medical Center Area Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194.