Medical Center Area Townhomes Guide
Check out luxurious Medical Center Area's Townhomes! Find Medical Center Houston townhomes for sale by location, neighborhood, schools, etc.
The Texas Medical Center Area is home to some of the most renowned medical institutions in the world.
It is one of Houston’s major employment centers and is minutes away from Downtown Houston.
Also known as the “TMC” and “Med Center”, the Texas Medical Center is zoned to the Houston ISD.
Lamar High School and Whidby Elementary serve the neighborhood.
Higher education institutions like the Baylor College of Medicine, Rice University, and Texas Woman’s University Institute of Health Sciences are also located within and around the Medical Center Area.
Located along three major freeways, the Medical Center Area is highly accessible to and from other Inner Loop neighborhoods.
The Museum District is adjacent to the Medical Center, while Downtown Houston is a short drive away.
The district’s central location within the Loop provides its residents access to Houston’s best cultural, entertainment, and retail hotspots.
Hermann Park, with its slew of outdoor amenities, and the NRG Stadium, formerly Reliant Stadium, are highly accessible from the Medical Center Area.
Though hospitals, research centers, universities, schools, and organizations are the Medical Center Area’s main draw, the district also features a range of housing options.
Apartments, luxury townhomes, condos, and single-family homes are available in the area.
Medical Center Area Houston Resources:
For more information on available Medical Center Houston townhomes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-425-4194 or email PMartin@HoustonProperties.com.
Table of Contents
- Medical Center Area Townhomes
- Medical Center Area Houston Neighborhood Guide
- Medical Center Area Schools
- The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
Medical Center Area Townhomes
"The Houston Properties Team is the #1 boutique real estate team in Houston for good reason. Paige, Lisa & Shannon are incredibly candid and professional and they go the extra mile. Their analytics system is 2nd to none, their Success Team is exceptional and on the ball, and they have vendors for everything you'll need." - Infinite Ridge (Google review)
Townhomes in the Med Center are usually located within luxury, gated communities.
Some Medical Center Area townhomes also feature walk-in closets and high ceilings, plus access to the park, pool, and other amenities.
Townhomes in the district are smaller, averaging 1,127 square feet.
Standard floor plans feature 2 bedrooms and 1 bath, while bigger units can feature 4 bedrooms and 4.5 baths.
The median sales price is $120,000, while the median price per square foot is $106.10.
The Medical Center Area features townhomes as the main housing option.
New construction townhomes tend to sell for much higher, while smaller and older units are comparably cheaper.
Medical Center Area Houston Neighborhood Guide
"Paige Martin and the Houston Properties Team are all specialists in their roles. I was amazed at how fast my transactions were completed with the best deals possible. Thank you for removing the hassle out of my real estate experience!" – Courtney Nuckols
Founded in 1945, the Texas Medical Center spans more than 1,000 acres in Southwest Houston.
The establishment of the district is attributed to Monroe Dunaway Anderson, a wealthy businessman and founder of the M.D. Anderson Foundation.
He left $19 million of his estate to the foundation, and thus partly funded the Texas Medical Center, along with the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
These two developments helped the surrounding neighborhoods grow.
The Medical Center Area of today is a bustling district and is one of Houston’s largest employment centers.
Both the name of the organization and the area in which it sits, the TMC is along three major Houston freeways: Loop 610 on the south, Southwest Freeway on the north, and South Freeway on the east.
The Medical Center Area features around 49 member institutions, including the Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center/Texas Heart Institute, the Texas Children’s Hospital, and the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, and the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
The Metro bus service and the MetroRAIL Red Line serves the Medical Center Area.
Neighborhoods near Medical Center Houston include Montrose, Rice University, Museum District, Downtown Houston, Midtown, EaDo, West University Place, and Bellaire.
The Texas Medical Center Area is under the 77030 Harris County zip code.
Medical Center Area Schools
To find an updated listing of all Medical Center Area real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at PMartin@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
The Medical Center is zoned to some of the best schools in the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
Roberts Elementary School at 6000 Greenbriar Street.
Oran M. Roberts Elementary School is both an IB World (International Baccalaureate) School and a Fine Arts Magnet school.
It serves students in EE to 5-grade levels. It also offers a Vanguard Program.
Whidby Elementary at 7625 Springhill.
Whidby is a magnet school for “Leadership in Health Science.”
Its academic program aims to prepare its students for a career in the medical field or their career of choice.
It serves students from early education to 5.
Cullen Middle School at 6900 Scott St.
E. W. Cullen Middle School offers Pre-AP, Spanish, and Gifted and Talented academic programs.
It also offers a music program as well as an aquatic program.
DeBakey High School for Health Professions at 3100 Shenandoah.
Named after Michael E. DeBakey, a famous heart surgeon, DeBakey is a National Blue Ribbon School (1997-98, and 2003) that offers one of the best academic programs in Houston.
It offers PAP classes and 18 AP classes.
Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd.
Lamar is probably best known for its Athletics program.
With one of the oldest lacrosse teams in Texas, this high school offers a variety of other sports.
It is home to The Lamar Redskins, one of the highest-ranked teams in Greater Houston.
The Medical Center area has a number of early childhood and kindergarten schools. This includes:
Children’s Hour Montessori School at 2227 Dorrington Street
Sheridan Montessori School at 2433 Sheridan Street
Diamond-A-Cat-A-Me at 6955 Almeda Road
Creative Minds Development Center at 2479 S Braeswood Blvd.
The neighborhood has a number of private schools that offer primary and secondary education. Here are some of them:
St. Nicholas School at 1920 North Braeswood Boulevard
Beresford School at 2501 W Holcombe Boulevard
Higher academic institutions, mostly in the medical field are within the neighborhood.
Among the most prominent are Baylor College of Medicine, the University of Houston, Rice University, and the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, the information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double-check by visiting the school’s website.
The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
The Houston Properties Team has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member. Each member is a specialist in their role – which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
Paige Martin, Broker Associate with Keller Williams Realty, and the Houston Properties Team are ranked among the top residential Realtors in the world.
They have been featured on TV and in dozens of publications including The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, Reuters, Fox News in the Morning, Money Magazine, Houston Business Journal, Houstonia, and Houston Chronicle.
Paige Martin was just ranked as the #5 agent in the world with Keller Williams, completing over $1 Billion in Houston residential real estate sales.
Recent awards include:
– 2022: #1 Residential Real Estate Team by Sales Volume, Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Real Estate Teams in America, RealTrends.com
– 2021: Top 100 Women Leaders in Real Estate of 2021
– 2021: America’s Top 100 Real Estate Agents
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
– 2020: America’s Best Real Estate Teams, Best of America Trends
– 2020: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2020: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2020: #6 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
– 2020: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas (Top Keller Williams Realtor)
– 2020: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2019: Top Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2019: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2019: #5 Individual Agent, KW Worldwide
- 2019: #1 Individual Agent, KW Texas
- 2018: #5 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2018: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2018: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2018: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2017: #10 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2017: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2017: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2017: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2016: #20 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2016: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, United States
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2014: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
...in addition to over 318 additional awards.
Paige also serves a variety of non-profits, and civic and community boards. She was appointed by the mayor of Houston to be on the downtown TIRZ board.
Benefits Of Working With The Houston Properties Team
Our team, composed of distinguished and competent Houston luxury realtors, has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member.
We find the team approach as the most effective way to sell homes. We have dedicated people doing staging, marketing, social media, open houses, and showings. Each Houston Properties Team member is a specialist in their role—which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
The benefits of working with a team include:
- the ability to be in two or three places at one time; a member can handle showings, while another answer calls
- collective time and experience of members
- targeted advice and marketing of agent expert in your area
- competitive advantage by simply having more resources, more ideas, and more perspectives
- a “checks and balances” system; selling and buying a home in Houston is an intensely complex process
- more people addressing field calls and questions from buyers and agents to facilitate a faster, successful sale
- efficient multi-tasking; one agent takes care of inspections and repair work, while another agent focuses on administrative details
- multiple marketing channels using members’ networks
- constant attention: guaranteed focus on your home and your transaction
- lower risk for mistakes. Multiple moving parts increase oversights. A team approach handles these “parts” separately
- flexibility in negotiation and marketing
- better management of document flow
- increased foot traffic through more timely and effective showing schedule coordination; and
- increased sphere of influence and exposure to more potential buyers.
To meet all the award-winning members of the Houston Properties Team, please go here.
Best Houston Real Estate Resources
- Houston Texas Zip Code Map | HoustonProperties
- How To Avoid Buying In Houston's Flooded Zones
- Houston Neighborhoods | Houston Map, Real Estate, Homes
- Energy Corridor Housing Market | Real Estate Trends & Forecast
- Green Tee Terrace Homes For Sale & Real Estate Trends