Bunker Hill Village Homes For Sale Under $1M
Located a few miles from Downtown Houston, Bunker Hill features a tranquil country-living vibe with the convenience of living adjacent to a big city.
One of the most expensive neighborhoods in Texas, Bunker Hill Village is best known for its luxury real estate. Though homes in the area do tend to sell for well over $1,000,000, there are properties available under that price tag.
Bunker Hill homes for sale are highly sought after for their:
- Great accessibility: Bunker Hill Village is centrally located within the Memorial Villages. Its location adjacent to west Houston neighborhoods, the I-10, and Beltway 8 provides residents with easy access to key Houston hubs.
- Exemplary school district: Zoned to the nationally-recognized Spring Branch ISD, Bunker Hill is served by some of the best schools in the area. Frostwood Elementary and Bunker Hill Elementary, both located within the city and both honored as National Blue Ribbon Schools.
- Shopping and entertainment options: Bunker Hill homes for sale have the advantage of being close to western Houston’s shopping and entertainment hubs. Hedwig’s commercial spots are also within minutes of the neighborhood.
- Elegant homes, sprawling lots: Like most of the Memorial Villages, Bunker Hill features picturesque homes atop large wooded lots. With properties ranging from older ranch-style homes and newer custom-built homes, homebuyers have plenty of options from which to chose.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Bunker Hill townhome.
Bunker Hill Village TX Resources:
- Bunker Hill Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive Bunker Hill Homes For Sale
- ALL Bunker Hill Village Homes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Bunker Hill homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Bunker Hill homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Bunker Hill Village TX Neighborhood Guide
Bunker Hill is the westernmost city in the Memorial Villages, a group of six affluent communities. It sits a few minutes south of the Katy Freeway (I-10) and east of Sam Houston Parkway (Beltway 8).
Two villages, Hedwig and Piney Point, are adjacent to the neighborhood to the north and east, respectively. Like other incorporated communities within the Bayou City, Houston neighborhoods border Bunker Hill Village to the west and south.
Houston itself figures a lot in Bunker Hill Village’s – and the rest of the Memorial Villages’ – history.
In the 1930s, Bunker Hill was a collection of sleepy farms, sawmills, and a few homes. Two decades later, Houston’s housing boom was in full swing and interest in the Memorial Villages area grew. Several upper-middle-class subdivisions, notably along the Buffalo Bayou, were developed during this period in the 1950s and 60s.
As Houston further flourished, the city looked to expand its borders. In an effort to avoid Houston’s annexation, Bunker Hill – along with Piney Point, Hedwig, Hunters Creek, Hilshire, and Spring Valley – filed for petitions for incorporation.
Today, Bunker Hill operates as an independent city with a mayor-city council type of government and is a part of the collective known as the Memorial Villages. The Village Fire Department and the Memorial Villages Water Authority serve all six cities. Bunker Hill, Piney Point, and Hunters Creek jointly operate the Memorial Villages Police Department.
Bunker Hill Village is under the 77024 zip code.
Zip codes near Bunker Hill Village TX include: 77007, 77008, 77019, 77027, 77042, 77043, 77055, 77056, 77057, 77063, and 77079. (View Houston zip code map.)
Bunker Hill Village Schools
Bunker Hill Village is zoned to the Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD).
Wildcat Way School serves the entire neighborhood. A small portion of Bunker Hill Village is zoned to Memorial Drive Elementary School in Piney Point Village, while the rest of the residents are zoned to either Frostwood or Bunker Hill Elementary, both located within the neighborhood.
For middle school students, Memorial Middle School serves the west portion of Bunker HIll, while the east is zoned to the Spring Branch Middle School.
PK to Elementary
- Wildcat Way School at 12754 Kimberley Ln. All Bunker Hill residents are zoned to Wildcat Way for early education. Located beside Bendwood Park and Bendwood School, it is easily accessible from Bunker Hill Village.
- Bunker Hill Elementary School at 11950 Taylorcrest. Bunker Hill Elementary is one of SBISD’s award-winning schools. It was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1991-92, and has an Exemplary TEA rating. It was also named a Gold Performance School and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out of 10.
- Frostwood Elementary School at 12214 Memorial Dr. Recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School (1989-90, 2005), Frostwood serves students in grades K to 5. It is located within Bunker Hill and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Memorial Drive Elementary School at 11202 Smithdale Rd. Located in neighboring Hedwig Village, Memorial Drive Elementary serves students in grades K to 5. Like Frostwood, it was also recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School (1996-97), and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Bendwood Campus Elementary School at 12750 Kimberley Ln. Bendwood Elementary is located within a stone’s throw of Wildcat Way School and Bendwood Park. It is a special needs school with programs for children with disabilities (PPCD, or Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities).
- Memorial Middle School at 12550 Vindon Dr. Another excellent school from the Spring Branch ISD, Memorial Middle School was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1988-89. It features a great balance of academics and athletics programs, and it has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Spring Branch Middle School at 1000 Piney Point Dr. Located in nearby Hedwig Village, Spring Branch Middle School is also a recognized National Blue Ribbon School (1997-98). It offers several electives, in addition to offering a special education program.
- Memorial High School at 935 Echo Ln. All Bunker Hill students are zoned to Memorial High School in Hedwig. It is considered as one of the best high schools in the area and has received numerous awards and recognitions. It was named an Honor Roll school, as well as a National Blue Ribbon School (1988-89).
Bunker Hill Village also has easy access to some of the best private schools in the area. Listed below are some of them.
- St. Cecilia School at 11740 Joan of Arc Dr. Located in Hedwig Village, SCS is a non-profit coeducational school within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. The school’s curriculum centers of six core subjects (Theology, Mathematics, Sciences, Social Sciences, Literature, and English).
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Dr. Kinkaid is one of the most prestigious private schools in the Memorial Villages. It was originally located in Houston, but later moved to a bigger campus in Piney Point Village.
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr. Duchesne Academy is an all-girls Catholic school and is part of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and the Independent School Association of the Southwest. The school serves students from grades K to 12.
To find an updated listing of all Bunker Hill real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Bunker Hill Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Bunker Hill Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.