Guide To Hedwig Village Luxury Real Estate
A tranquil enclave nestled at the heart of the Memorial Villages, Hedwig Village presents an interesting mix of old and new.
Hedwig features older ranch-style homes, though most of those are slowly being replaced with newer custom-built mini-mansions. Despite, and perhaps, because of these changes, Hedwig luxury real estate are in very high demand.
Located along the Katy Freeway, Hedwig is highly accessible to key Houston hubs. Downtown Houston, The Galleria, and the Medical Center are only a short drive away from the neighborhood. The Energy Corridor, a major business and employment center, is a few minutes west of Hedwig Village.
It is the only neighborhood among the Memorial Villages that allows construction of commercial establishments within its borders. Consequently, there are a number of shopping and dining options near Hedwig.
Another feature that draws homebuyers to Hedwig is its access to award-winning schools. The city is zoned to the Spring Branch Independent School District and is home to two National Blue Ribbon Schools: Memorial High School and Spring Branch Middle School.
Hedwig homes for sale offer both a tranquil, family-friendly atmosphere while providing great accessibility to Houston’s big city comforts.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for more information about Hedwig luxury real estate.
Hedwig Village TX Resources:
For more information on available Hedwig luxury real estate call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected].
Hedwig Luxury Real Estate and Neighborhood Guide
Located along the Katy Freeway (I-10), Hedwig Village is one of the six independent cities collectively known as the Memorial Villages. The city has Hunters Creek to the east, Bunker Hill and Piney Point to the south, and Katy Freeway to the north. Hilshire and Spring Valley are just across the freeway from Hedwig Village.
Custom-built manors and older ranch-style homes populate the 0.9-square mile city.
Hedwig luxury real estate typically sit on large lots ranging from 12,000 to more than 20,000 square feet. Living areas are just as expansive, and luxury features can include island kitchens, outdoor kitchens, high ceilings, and sprawling front and backyards. Some homes feature multi-car garages and patios, and are elevator-ready.
Some of the most expensive Hedwig homes for sale are new construction, custom-built homes and prices can range from $1M to more than $2M.
Hedwig Village wasn’t always the upscale enclave that it is today. During the 19th century, the area in which the city now stands was a farm. Hedwig Jankowski Schroeder and her husband Henry owned the said farm. At one point, the German couple donated a part of their land for the construction of a road, which was then named Hedwig Road.
In the 1950s and 60s, development in the area picked up speed due to the construction of Katy Freeway and Houston’s suburban boom. During this period, Hedwig Village, along with the other Memorial Villages, sought to be incorporated, in an effort to preserve residential zoning and to avoid annexation by Houston.
In 1954, Hedwig Village was incorporated with a mayor-city council form of government. A year later, the city passed a zoning ordinance.
Today, the city of Hedwig Village operates its own police department. The Village Fire Department, which serves all six Villages, is located within the city. Hedwig is also under the Memorial Villages Water Authority.
Hedwig Village is under the 77024 zip code in Harris County and is zoned to the Spring Branch ISD. Zip codes near Hedwig Village include: 77055, 77008, 77007, 77019, 77027, 77056, and 77057. (View Houston zip code map.)
Neighborhoods near Hedwig homes for sale include Spring Valley Village, Hilshire Village, Piney Point Village, Bunker Hill Village, Hunters Creek Village, the Energy Corridor, Timbergrove, The Galleria, Camp Logan, and Memorial Park.
Hedwig Village is zoned to the Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD). The city has a number of schools within its borders, including top-ranked Memorial High School and Spring Branch Middle School. Two private schools, St. Cecilia School and Duchesne Academy, are also located in Hedwig.
Preschool and Elementary
- Wildcat Way School at 12754 Kimberley Ln. Like most of the Memorial Villages, all students in Hedwig Village are zoned to Wildcat Way for preschool.
- Memorial Drive Elementary School ay 11202 Smithdale Rd. One of Spring Branch ISD’s award-winning schools, MDE was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School (1996-97). The school is located in nearby Piney Point and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Bunker Hill Elementary School at 11950 Taylorcrest. Located in Bunker Hill Village, this school was also recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School (1991-92). Along with that distinction, Bunker Hill Elementary is also a Gold Performance School and has an Exemplary TEA rating. The school serves K to 5 students and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out of 10.
- Spring Branch Middle School at 1000 Piney Point Dr. Located within Hedwig Village, SBMS was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1997-98. It offers several electives in Foreign Language, Technology Education, and Family and Consumer Science. It also has a special education program.
- Memorial High School at 935 Echo Ln. Memorial High School is also located within the city of Hedwig Village. It was listed as one of the Top 10 Best High Schools in the Area, and has been named as a National Blue Ribbon School (1988-89) as well as an Honor Roll School. A recipient of the TAKS Gold Performance and College Readiness awards, MHS also has an excellent athletics program.
- St. Cecilia School at 11740 Joan of Arc Dr. This coeducational and non-profit school is within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. Located within Hedwig Village, SCS (or SCCS) serves grades Pre-K to 8 and offers a curriculum that focuses on six core subjects: Theology, Mathematics, Sciences, Social Sciences, Literature, and English).
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr. Located near Hunters Creek Village, Duchesne Academy serves students from grades K to 12. This all-girls Catholic school is part of both the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and the Independent School Association of the Southwest.
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Dr. Located in Piney Point Village, Kinkaid is one of the most prestigious private schools in the area. Founded in 1906, The Kinkaid School offers excellent academics and athletics programs.
- The Parish School at 11001 Hammerly Boulevard. A part of the Houston Area Independent Schools, The Parish School is a non-profit private school that offers students with language, communication, or learning deficiencies with alternative learning programs and therapy.
To find an updated listing of all Hedwig real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Hedwig Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Hedwig Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Memorial Area.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.