Hedwig Village Homes For Sale Under $1M
Along with Hunters Creek, Piney Point, Bunker Hill, Hilshire, and Spring Valley, Hedwig presents a great country-living atmosphere that interspersed with the perks of living so close to Houston. Hedwig homes for sale are constantly in high demand due to its:
- Great accessibility: Hedwig Village is located along the Katy Freeway, allowing for convenient access to key Houston hubs like Downtown and the Medical Center. Another key employment center, the Energy Corridor, is located a few miles west of the neighborhood.
- Top-ranked schools: The city is zoned to the Spring Branch ISD’s excellent schools. Two nationally recognized schools, Memorial High School and Spring Branch Middle School are located within Hedwig Village.
- Proximity to retail and dining options: Unlike the other villages, Hedwig allows for commercial establishments inside the neighborhood. This has led to a number of retaurants, shopping centers, and businesses to flourish within its borders.
- Elegant choice of homes: Single-family homes are the community’s main housing attraction. Older ranch-style homes used to be quite popular in Hedwig Village, but those are getting replaced with modern, custom-built homes.
Hedwig Village’s tree-lined streets, peaceful vibe, and great accessibility make it an ideal choice. Hedwig homes for sale, however, can be limited, making the market a bit challenging to navigate. Homebuyers can ask for the help of a reliable Houston realtor for advice, updated listings, and recommendations.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected]com or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Hedwig townhome.
Hedwig Village TX Resources:
- Hedwig Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive Hedwig Homes For Sale
- ALL Hedwig Village Homes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Hedwig homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Hedwig homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Hedwig Village TX Neighborhood Guide
Hedwig Village is the second smallest among the Memorial Villages at only 0.9 square miles.
The city has Katy Freeway (I-10) on the north, Hunters Creek on the east, and Piney Point and Bunker Hill to the south. Two other villages, Spring Valley and Hilshire, are located across the freeway, north of Hedwig.
Like most of the Memorial area, Hedwig Village’s early history dates back to the early 19th century when German settlers occupied the area.
Hedwig Jankowski Schroeder and her husband, Henry, were among these early residents. The German couple donated a part of their farm, on which Hedwig Road was built. The village was named after the said road.
During Houston’s suburban boom in the 1950s and 60s, Hedwig and the surrounding areas also underwent a development boom. Interest in the area had grown – in conjunction with the I-10’s construction – and several developments made headway in the area.
In December 1954, Hedwig Village was incorporated with a mayor-city council type of government. Hedwig and the other 5 villages had sought for incorporation to avoid Houston’s annexation and to preserve the area’s residential zoning.
Today, Hedwig elects its own mayor and coucil members, and though it allows for commercial establishments within its borders, the city does have a zoning ordinance in place.
The Village Fire Department, the Memorial Villages’ shared fire department, is located in Hedwig Village. The city operates its own police department.
All told, Hedwig Village is a mix of old ranch-style homes, new luxury custom-built homes, shopping centers, restaurants, award-winning schools, and stores.
Hedwig Village has a 77024 Harris County zip code. Zip codes near Hedwig Village TX include: 77007, 77008, 77019, 77027, 77055, 77056, and 77057. (View Houston zip code map)
Neighborhoods near Hedwig homes for sale include Spring Valley Village, Hilshire Village, Piney Point Village, Bunker Hill Village, Hunters Creek Village, the Energy Corridor, Timbergrove, The Galleria, Camp Logan, and Memorial Park.
Hedwig Village Schools
Hedwig Village is zoned to the Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD). The city has a number of schools within its borders, including top-ranked Memorial High School and Spring Branch Middle School. Two private schools, St. Cecilia School and Duchesne Academy, are also located in Hedwig.
Preschool and Elementary
- Wildcat Way School at 12754 Kimberley Ln. Like most of the Memorial Villages, all students in Hedwig Village are zoned to Wildcat Way for preschool.
- Memorial Drive Elementary School ay 11202 Smithdale Rd. One of Spring Branch ISD’s award-winning schools, MDE was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School (1996-97). The school is located in nearby Piney Point and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Bunker Hill Elementary School at 11950 Taylorcrest. Located in Bunker Hill Village, this school was also recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School (1991-92). Along with that distinction, Bunker Hill Elementary is also a Gold Performance School and has an Exemplary TEA rating. The school serves K to 5 students and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out of 10.
- Spring Branch Middle School at 1000 Piney Point Dr. Located within Hedwig Village, SBMS was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1997-98. It offers several electives in Foreign Language, Technology Education, and Family and Consumer Science. It also has a special education program.
- Memorial High School at 935 Echo Ln. Memorial High School is also located within the city of Hedwig Village. It was listed as one of the Top 10 Best High Schools in the Area, and has been named as a National Blue Ribbon School (1988-89) as well as an Honor Roll School. A recipient of the TAKS Gold Performance and College Readiness awards, MHS also has an excellent athletics program.
- St. Cecilia School at 11740 Joan of Arc Dr. This coeducational and non-profit school is within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. Located within Hedwig Village, SCS (or SCCS) serves grades Pre-K to 8 and offers a curriculum that focuses on six core subjects: Theology, Mathematics, Sciences, Social Sciences, Literature, and English).
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr. Located near Hunters Creek Village, Duchesne Academy serves students from grades K to 12. This all-girls Catholic school is part of both the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and the Independent School Association of the Southwest.
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Dr. Located in Piney Point Village, Kinkaid is one of the most prestigious private schools in the area. Founded in 1906, The Kinkaid School offers excellent academics and athletics programs.
- The Parish School at 11001 Hammerly Boulevard. A part of the Houston Area Independent Schools, The Parish School is a non-profit private school that offers students with language, communication, or learning deficiencies with alternative learning programs and therapy.
To find an updated listing of all Hedwig real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Hedwig Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Hedwig Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.