Memorial Villages Homes For Sale Under $1M
Memorial Villages features luxury homes and country estates on sprawling lots. Commonly referred to as “The Villages”, the area consists of six independent villages:Hunters Creek, Piney Point, Hedwig, Bunker Hill, Spring Valley, and Hilshire.
The Memorial Villages is known for its great schools, access to several entertainment and retail options, and its country-living character.
Nestled between Katy Fwy and Buffalo Bayou, Memorial Villages is highly accessible to and from Houston’s cultural, business, and entertainment hotspots. Job centers like Downtown Houston, the Energy Corridor, and the Texas Medical Center are accessible via Katy Fwy.
Memorial Villages is zoned to the Spring Branch Independent School District. Award-winning and top-ranked schools like Memorial High School and Stratford High School serve the Villages and the communities within.
Memorial Villages homes for sale range from new construction single-family homes with modern luxuries to beautifully updated grand mansions. There are a number of options under $1M, but the area is so large and its real estate market is very competitive. Homebuyers benefit from the guidance of the best realtors in Memorial.
For any inquiries about Memorial Villages homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team and one of the top ranked realtors in Houston.
Memorial Villages TX Resources:
- Memorial Villages Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive Memorial Villages Homes For Sale
- Memorial Villages TX Maps
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Memorial Villages homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Memorial Villages homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-425-4194 or email [email protected]
Memorial Villages TX Neighborhood Guide
Bunker Hill, Hedwig, Hunters Creek, and Piney Point are located south of Katy Fwy (Interstate 10), while Hilshire and Spring Valley sit north of the freeway.
Around 50 years ago, the Memorial Villages area was sparsely populated with large country estates, homes, and farms. Interest in the area grew as Houston’s population boomed during the 1950s and 60s. Construction of the Katy Freeway in 1968 spurred more growth, and developers of upper-middle-class subdivisions along the Buffalo Bayou started building homes in the area.
Houston continued growing, and fearing annexation, the six villages filed for petitions of incorporation to preserve the Memorial Villages’ residential zoning and way of life. Deed restrictions, banning commercial establishments and billboards, are still in place in the area today.
Memorial Villages succeeded: The six villages maintained a serene, residential enclave. Gated communities, large estates, and upscale homes populate the area. The Villages operates its own police and fire departments along with a joint water authority.
Downtown Houston is just 10 miles east of the Memorial Villages, so residents have easy access to its entertainment, cultural, and business hubs.
The Villages is one of the most expensive real estate markets in the state. Due to this distinction, Memorial Villages is often compared to Houston’s most expensive neighborhood, River Oaks.
Memorial Villages homes sit on larger parcels of land – a key difference from River Oaks properties. Lot areas can range from 10,000 to 100,000 square feet.
Homes in the Villages can vary on architectural styles as well. Among the most popular are Georgian, Traditional, French, Contemporary, Spanish, and Mediterranean-inspired homes.
Memorial Villages is under the 77024 zip code of Harris County. Forbes has listed 77024 as one of the most expensive zip codes in the country.
Zip codes near Memorial Villages include: 77055, 77008, 77007, 77019, 77027, 77056, and 77057.
Memorial Villages Schools
Memorial Villages is known for its exemplary schools. The majority of students in Memorial Villages attend schools from the Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD).
The SBISD has a 5-year plan known as a T-2-4 that aims to prepare its students for college or post secondary training. The school district has several award-winning schools, with many recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools.
Pre-K and Elementary
- Wildcat Way School at 12754 Kimberley Ln. Completed in 2002, Wildcat Way provides quality early education for Memorial Villages area students.
- Bunker Hill Elementary School at 11950 Taylorcrest. Located in Bunker Hill Village, this school was honored as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1991-92. It is also a TEA Exemplary and Gold Performance School that serves students in grades K to 5. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out of 10.
- Frostwood Elementary School at 12214 Memorial Dr. Another National Blue Ribbon School (1989-90, 2005), Frostwood Elementary serves grades K to 5. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Memorial Drive Elementary School at 11202 Smithdale Rd. Located in Piney Point Village, Memorial Drive is a National Blue Ribbon School in 1996-97. It serves grades PK to 5 and regularly hosts City Council meetings. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Hunters Creek Elementary at 10650 Beinhorn Rd. Also known as HCE, Hunters Creek is another National Blue Ribbon School (1993-94) located in Memorial Villages. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 8/10.
- Bendwood Campus Elementary School at 12750 Kimberly Ln. Bendwood is a a special needs school that offers a Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities (PPCD) and a Gifted and Talented (GT) program.
- Memorial Middle School at 12550 Vindon Dr. A National Blue Ribbon School (1988-89), MMS provides great academics and athletics programs for students in grades 6 to 8. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Spring Forest Middle School at 14240 Memorial Dr. Spring Forest offers several academic, sports, and fine arts programs. The school offers Pre-AP and GT classes, with high school credits in several subjects. It was also a National Blue Ribbon School (1994-96).
- Spring Branch Middle School at 1000 Piney Point Dr. Located in Hedwig Village, Spring Branch offers electives in Family and Consumer Science, Foreign Language, and Technology Education. The school has a special education program as well. It was a National Blue Ribbon School (1997-98).
- Memorial High School at 935 Echo Ln. Memorial High is located in Hedwig Village. It has received numerous awards and recognitions, including the TAKS Gold Performance Award and College Readiness Award. It was also named a National Blue Ribbon School (1988-89), an Honor Roll School, and as one of the Top 10 Best High Schools in the Area.
- Stratford High School at 14555 Fern. Stratford High School has great athletics programs in several sports including basketball, baseball, football, and diving. Like Memorial, Stratford has also received several awards (Gold Medal School, Gold Performance Award, and College Readiness Award) and honors (National Blue Ribbon School, 1983-84). It had an Exemplary TEA rating in 2002.
- Westchester Academy for International Studies at 901 Yorkchester. WAIS is a Spring Branch ISD charter magnet school, an International Baccalaureate World School, and a National Blue Ribbon School (2011-2012).
Memorial Villages also has several private schools within its borders. Here are some of them:
- Chapelwood Pre-School at 11140 Greenbay St.
- St. Cecilia Catholic School at 11740 Joan of Arc
- Montessori Morning Glory School at 737 Bunker Hill Rd.
- Campbell Learning Center at 1440 Campbell Rd.
- The Kincaid School at 201 Kincaid School Dr.
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr.
To find an updated listing of all Memorial Villages real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Memorial Villages TX Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Memorial Villages, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers in Houston.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194.